NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Injuries????
barring injuries, thought that was a given...that question needs to be under Boston's name tho.

Oh?

Boston and LA would like a word with you......
lmao...

and coaching was why the LA/ORL series only went 5 games, SVG did a terrible job in that finals - which is why I said "its likely" that will be the case again. They are probably the most talented team in the league, and you probably couldve madethat same argument last year. But they were constantly put in positions to fail. I dont trust it, which is why LA & SA are the favorites in my eyes....

J-Will and VC
pimp.gif

If only this had happened back in 2000.
laugh.gif

word...

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Soon, Robinson was posting his own Tweet: "Cops pulled me over cuz my windows were 2 dark (but my windowere down) lol how funny is that."

i see what he did there
nerd.gif
Nate should press charges, racism FTL

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Injuries????
barring injuries, thought that was a given...that question needs to be under Boston's name tho.

Oh?

Boston and LA would like a word with you......
lmao...

I think you forget that they took you 7 games, WITHOUT KG, and now add Sheed to the mix.

If they stay healthy, Boston is gonna be tough to go thru. If they don't, then yeah, ya'll should be ok, cuz Cleveland ain't sniffin ya'll.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

J-Will and VC
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...SPORTS/Magic+sign+former+Gator+Jason+Williams
Magic sign former Gator Jason Williams

ORLANDO MAGIC NEWS RELEASE • August 19, 2009

The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.

"Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt," said Smith. "He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team."
Williams (6-foot-1, 190 pounds) did not play during the 2008-09 season after announcing his retirement on Sept. 26, 2008. He last played in 67 games during the 2007-08 campaign with Miami, averaging 8.8 ppg., 4.6 apg., 1.9 rpg. and 1.24 stlpg. in 28.1 minpg.

Originally selected in the first round (seventh overall) of the 1998 NBA Draft, Williams has played in 679 career NBA regular season games with Sacramento, Memphis and Miami, averaging 11.4 ppg., 6.3 apg., 2.4 rpg. and 1.28 stlpg. in 31.2 minpg. He has also played in 53 career playoff contests, averaging 9.8 ppg., 3.7 apg. and 2.2 rpg. in 29.1 minpg. Williams was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team in 1998-99, currently stands as Memphis' all-time leader in assists (2,041) and helped Miami capture the 2005-06 NBA Championship.

happy.gif

October 30 @ New Jersey

I'll be there

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is such a good move for Jason of tha 3 teams hed been rumored with this is clearly the best situation New York was goin nowhere Memphis is a way offdoin anything yet and now he signs with tha Magic
pimp.gif

Oops to VC and Dwight Howard are gonna be sportscenter regulars this year not only that Van Gundy has worked with Jason b4 in Miami and theyll be familiar witheachother so shouldnt be any clashes.

Those of u saying if only it was 2000 well yea for highlights alone not wins Jason was eratic as hell as much as I loved him back then,Vince still has enoughups and Jason can still throw tha best oops in tha NBA these 2 equal wins now not just sick highlights.

Alot of Orlando players will be getting easy buckets from Jason puttin the ball just where they want it.

Gotta get that Magic authentic jersey no doubt
pimp.gif

Man Orlando gonna be maybe the most fun to watch since the mid 90s last year was good this year gonna be crazy.

Peace
Scottie

Nah, theres no "yall". Just b/c Im high on Orlando doesnt mean Im an Orlando fan, no hometeam bias going on, completely observational.

Ive already said my piece earlier in this thread why Im not high on Boston this year.

boston- for the reason that sheed puts them over the top again. WHY? like NAS says sheed ant done nothing the last 2 years but now he is going to turn it around? and the thing about he guards D12 better the anyone is gone now because take a look at last years match ups D12 still went to work

not too mention

- a year older: yall dont know how much Ray & P2 got left in the tank, and they'll have to play a lot of minutes again b/c they still dont have a bench.

- who the hell said KG will be the player of old next year, why do everybody just assume this? Its a chance he could be done. He's a variable at this point.

- Still nobody to guard LeBron: D12 wasnt their problem last year, Perkins can guard D12 as well as anybody in the league already, Orlando won that series b/c all around they are better/more talented. But yall remember what LeBron did to the Celtics in the reuglar season?
sick.gif
The Celtics beat the Cavs in the playoffs a couple years ago because James Posey was their savior defensively vs LeBron. They have no one now, and it showed last year. The Cavs wouldve swept the Celtics last year if they wouldve beaten the Magic. That hasnt changed.

Jason Williams will be lucky to get pt In the wnba. %+!+% is trash
now and will be doing water boy stuff for the magic

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

J-Will and VC
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...SPORTS/Magic+sign+former+Gator+Jason+Williams

The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced today. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.

"Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt," said Smith. "He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team."
Williams (6-foot-1, 190 pounds) did not play during the 2008-09 season after announcing his retirement on Sept. 26, 2008. He last played in 67 games during the 2007-08 campaign with Miami, averaging 8.8 ppg., 4.6 apg., 1.9 rpg. and 1.24 stlpg. in 28.1 minpg.

Originally selected in the first round (seventh overall) of the 1998 NBA Draft, Williams has played in 679 career NBA regular season games with Sacramento, Memphis and Miami, averaging 11.4 ppg., 6.3 apg., 2.4 rpg. and 1.28 stlpg. in 31.2 minpg. He has also played in 53 career playoff contests, averaging 9.8 ppg., 3.7 apg. and 2.2 rpg. in 29.1 minpg. Williams was named to the NBA All-Rookie Team in 1998-99, currently stands as Memphis' all-time leader in assists (2,041) and helped Miami capture the 2005-06 NBA Championship.

nice pickup though. Who will start at PF? They going to do the same thing they did last year with Rashard at PF or will they start Bass? There lineup is going to be crazy though:

PG - Jameer nelson
SG - VC
SF - Rashard
PF - Bass
C - Dwight

with a bench of Pietrus, Barnes, Gorat, Redick, Williams, and Ryan Anderson. That team is deep as hell
Cavs bench >>> Magic bench

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Delonte West
SF - LBJ
PF - Zydrunas
C - Shaq

Bench: Jamario Moon, Anthony Parker, Leon Powe, Anderson Varejao, Daniel Gibson, J.J Hickson

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

TheGGGame wrote:
Scottsauce88 wrote:

J-Will and VC
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

nice pickup though. Who will start at PF? They going to do the same thing they did last year with Rashard at PF or will they start Bass? There lineup is going to be crazy though:

PG - Jameer nelson
SG - VC
SF - Rashard
PF - Bass
C - Dwight

with a bench of Pietrus, Barnes, Gorat, Redick, Williams, and Ryan Anderson. That team is deep as hell

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Delonte West
SF - LBJ
PF - Zydrunas
C - Shaq

Bench: Jamario Moon, Anthony Parker, Leon Powe, Anderson Varejao, Daniel Gibson, J.J Hickson

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I quoted this to see if there was an hidden message where you post sike or something but nothing. What do you expect from someone who even stutters in his SN.CCCome NNNow
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm going to HELL for that.....J/K by the way

i dont think the emergence of rondo can be understated. IF the old guys are healthy, they're gona be tough out. as much as i dog kg (and rightfully so)he just makes that team completely different. gave orlando everything they wanted without him

cavs can take them, tho...and also should be better even if the win total is not.

i think all 3 are better this year...and will come down to who has to play who.

magic > cavs

cavs> c's

c's > magic

in a playoff series, imo.

I'm not convinced the Magic can beat the Cavs in a series without Hedo.

You guys can crap on the Cavs team sans LBJ all you want.. I don't think they'll suck as much as they did last year in the Playoffs ever again. Theyhad one bad series, but they've upgraded their players, and that's all LBJ needs IMO. Parker, Shaq, Powe and Moon should be able to make SOME kind ofnoise in the Playoffs.

The Celtics, as long as their legs are in good condition, so will they. Especially if Marquis Daniels ends up going there...
sick.gif

I see it as..

1) Celtics
2) Cavs
3) Magic

But that's just me.

I'm thinking of starting up the mock-draft thread tonight.

CP, Blazers, I'll send you guys a PM about it.

I'm definitely going to start a new thread though, not going to do it in here, get way too confusing.

But to whoever was asking, this isn't a fantasy league where stats are everything, you're trying to build a team to win. That's why I want around25-30 teams, so that we can have a more competitive, realistic teams.

I don't, but I'm not a believer in VC anymore, and I think Hedo is a much better fit on that team. I also love the old GSW dudes, as well as my guyBass.

They're stockpiing talent, which is cool and all, but you can have 12 guys deep but if you run into a team like the Celtic's who beats you pretty much4 out of 5 starting positions, you're SOL.

I'm also a bit of a closet LBJ/Cavs homer.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by TheGGGame

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

J-Will and VC
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

PG - Jameer nelson
SG - VC
SF - Rashard
PF - Bass
C - Dwight

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Delonte West
SF - LBJ
PF - Zydrunas
C - Shaq

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

YOU MY FRIEND NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS OBVIOUS YOU STILL SALTY CAUSE MY TEAM ELIMINATED YOURS IN THE EAST FINALS
laugh.gif

Honestly besides the spurs, lakers, celtics, cavs, and magic does any other team even have a chance at the finals this season
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom