**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe and Shaq argued, but at least they won 3 rings together.

Real winners know how to put the bull**** aside and how to focus on the task at hand and get those Ws. MJ broke Kerr off with a right hook in practice for Christ’s sake and that never stopped the Bulls.

Random sidebar: I just realized Kerr has 8 rings (5x as player and 3x as coach) :wow: At least he got enough for his fingers. Who cares about the thumbs.

I didn’t initially think the lakers overpaid for Davis, but the more time to let it sink in I do wonder if it was excessive through the prism of potentially netting a second trade

Sure, if they end up signing someone that was always their plan A. But **** does tend to go sideways

What would it have taken for Washington to give up Beal? Kuzma, Hart and that reverse protection for two future firsts enough? I feel like Lonzo, Ingram and 4 should have been a pretty competitive offer for Davis

I didn’t initially think the lakers overpaid for Davis, but the more time to let it sink in I do wonder if it was excessive through the prism of potentially netting a second trade

Sure, if they end up signing someone that was always their plan A. But **** does tend to go sideways

What would it have taken for Washington to give up Beal? Kuzma, Hart and that reverse protection for two future firsts enough? I feel like Lonzo, Ingram and 4 should have been a pretty competitive offer for Davis

According to @jjs07 Beal would have required Lonzo and Ingram and the #4 pick. Which was basically the centerpiece of this trade. The future picks are ultimately inconsequential since we'll be keeping at minimum our next 2 picks.

They kept Kuzma which was a huge cheap asset.

Probably because not a lot folks talk hoop in good faith in here.

Too much of "you mad" as opposed to chopping it up about the game.

Crab mentality.

0F184DE9-E94A-4396-B01A-5786909D3E39.gif

Not really. You’re talking about interaction happening in the heat of the moment of a game. Which if I remember correctly this was a playoff game. Not sure why everyone thinks if it’s not looking like sunshine and rainbows there must be problems! Everything isn’t going to be absolutely perfect 100% of the time.

That’s worse because it means that this has been brewing for awhile >D

Not really. You’re talking about interaction happening in the heat of the moment of a game. Which if I remember correctly this was a playoff game. Not sure why everyone thinks if it’s not looking like sunshine and rainbows there must be problems! Everything isn’t going to be absolutely perfect 100% of the time.
It's bad over there. Where have you been, CP3 and Harden has been going at it all season. It's like a clash of leadership.

According to @jjs07 Beal would have required Lonzo and Ingram and the #4 pick. Which was basically the centerpiece of this trade. The future picks are ultimately inconsequential since we'll be keeping at minimum our next 2 picks.

They kept Kuzma which was a huge cheap asset.
True, they need cheap viable rotational pieces, as many as they can get

On another note, there's talk of Pelinka being exec of the decade.. didn't matter who was at the helm, it's clear Lebby was ready to live out the end of his career in LA. If you want to give him credit for outfoxing LAC, that's fine

He's fortunate AD decided to roll with Klutch. What Pelinka did and could potentially do isn't special nor mastermind-ish. Literally any below average exec could have done the same thing. I'll judge him on the margins as it progresses

True, they need cheap viable rotational pieces, as many as they can get

On another note, there's talk of Pelinka being exec of the decade.. didn't matter who was at the helm, it's clear Lebby was ready to live out the end of his career in LA. If you want to give him credit for outfoxing LAC, that's fine

He's fortunate AD decided to roll with Klutch. What Pelinka did and could potentially do isn't special nor mastermind-ish. Literally any below average exec could have done the same thing. I'll judge him on the margins as it progresses

Not so much for the AD trade, that was more Griff and Rich Paul's relationship. I'm talking moreso if he brings that 3rd star in after everybody and their mama said no top free agents would sign here this summer. And the minutia he's apparently been into with orchestrating this trade to get everything in order to make that possible. He'll definitely shut up all his haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom