**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day is the best time of year for me, even when people disagree. I guess it is a matter of perspective. I love being Black, then grateful for such, even though Kobe may not feel the same way. :smokin

You saved yourself with the “may” because you literally have no way of proving if he loves being black or if he’s grateful for it.

You saved yourself with the “may” because you literally have no way of proving if he loves being black or if he’s grateful for it.
I know of which I speak, then how to speak it. So let me throw away what you think protects me. Kobe Bryant has never shown an interest in speaking about anything regarding to the Black experience in America, nor any place else. His wearing Gucci after the slight that the company acknowledged themselves, proves the insensitivity that Kobe walks with, with pride. His dogged approach to hoops is equal to that of his approach to avoid discussing what he sees every day, while looking in the mirror. My opinion is that he sees something colorless looking back at him. He was here in NYC not too long ago. He was at the Minisink center in Harlem. Needless to say, the reception was not overwhelming. I am able to separate his skill as an athlete from what he obviously lacks in regard to consciousness. I mean, what else can you take away from a supposed Black man, who proudly hangs a pic of Walt Disney on the walls of his business?

"In an interview with HBO’s Real Sports, he said that he wrote most of the Nike commercials he’s starred in. In his office, he has pictures of Walt Disney, J.K. Rowling and Steve Jobs to serve as creative inspiration. Most of his post basketball career will be spent on telling stories."https://thecomeback.com/nba/kobe-bryant-founds-kobe-studios.html

"The charge: Walt Disney was racist. The evidence: These charges stem primarily from the use of racial stereotypes in Disney movies from the 40s: Dumbo’s black crows; Fantasia’s black servant centaurette; and Song of the South, a movie so offensive that the Disney company will no longer let it be seen in public. Then there is Walt Disney’s own behavior: Gabler cites a meeting in which Disney referred to the Snow White dwarves as a “****** pile” and another in which he used the term “pickaninny.” The book notes that Disney anticipated the Song of the South controversy and attempted to make it less racist with a rewrite and meeting with the NAACP. The meeting never happened, and the movie was released anyway. There was also some controversy about the company’s unwillingness to hire minorities at Disneyland. Believability: Those are certainly not flattering facts, but they are facts."
https://www.vulture.com/2013/12/walt-disney-anti-semitism-racism-sexism-frozen-head.html

Enjoy that nba playoff day, why don't you.

Last edited:
Agreed. Many of his fans only dig him because he never says anything about being Black. He is safe, OJ Simpson style.

He spent his formative years in Italy. If he ever spoke up about being black or the black American experience he would be criticized as fake by the “what do you know about being African American when you grew up in Italy” crowd. It’s a catch 22 so he moves in silence. That’s my read on his positioning

Don't mean to throw race into this, but how many black coaches would get a job that quickly after getting fired?

And I actually think Luke isn't bad. He really coached up the young Lakers on the defensive end especially pre LBJ.

Don't mean to throw race into this, but how many black coaches would get a job that quickly after getting fired?

And I actually think Luke isn't bad. He really coached up the young Lakers on the defensive end especially pre LBJ.

None. I said it yesterday. Joerger going to get another gig asap too.

Kings podder

Yea, I'll say it. He was overrated in that impact. Didn't put the guys in their best positions and often screwed up rhythm with his stupid rotations. See Randle and Zo especially. Hopefully he's learned and actually puts together a real coaching staff around him.

He spent his formative years in Italy. If he ever spoke up about being black or the black American experience he would be criticized as fake by the “what do you know about being African American when you grew up in Italy” crowd. It’s a catch 22 so he moves in silence. That’s my read on his positioning
That would not be so far off, but Black people, athletes in Italy catch hell as well. Check the pitch. It is a global thing, and if his critical thinking skills were that sharp, Colorado should have never happened. I love his ability to be focused upon one thing though. During the trial, Mamba played some of his best ball ever.

Why apologize for the obvious? Screw those who are offended. Racism is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom