NBA Planning to Purchase the New Orleans Hornets

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Perhaps Lenny Wilkens knows some info that a lot of us don't know...

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2...anchise-back-to-seattle/

I actually read this article earlier this week and forgot about it until news broke about the NBA preparing to purchase the Hornets.
My crazy, totally out there, wishful thinking, theory:

Balmer has been talking to Stern in regards to owning a team ever since Clay Bennett fired up the moving vans. Balmer gets notice of the Hornets' dire situation earlier in the fall, and he cashes out more than a billion in stock. The league takes over ownership of the Hornets and will start taking bids. Balmer is one of the richest people in the world and will outbid anyone (remember: cut throat businessman, needs to win at everything). To put it in basketball terms: Balmer is like Jordan, when it comes to business. So how do you help spearhead a movement? You get Lenny as an ambassador. Lenny is as associated with the Sonics as anyone else in their history, plus he's a THREE time Hall of Fame inductee. So now you have Steve Balmer, potentially the richest owner in the league, with one of the most respected elder statesmen in NBA history by his side, fighting for a team. 

I know it's nuts, but really, is it that far-fetched?

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Perhaps Lenny Wilkens knows some info that a lot of us don't know...

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2...anchise-back-to-seattle/

I actually read this article earlier this week and forgot about it until news broke about the NBA preparing to purchase the Hornets.
My crazy, totally out there, wishful thinking, theory:

Balmer has been talking to Stern in regards to owning a team ever since Clay Bennett fired up the moving vans. Balmer gets notice of the Hornets' dire situation earlier in the fall, and he cashes out more than a billion in stock. The league takes over ownership of the Hornets and will start taking bids. Balmer is one of the richest people in the world and will outbid anyone (remember: cut throat businessman, needs to win at everything). To put it in basketball terms: Balmer is like Jordan, when it comes to business. So how do you help spearhead a movement? You get Lenny as an ambassador. Lenny is as associated with the Sonics as anyone else in their history, plus he's a THREE time Hall of Fame inductee. So now you have Steve Balmer, potentially the richest owner in the league, with one of the most respected elder statesmen in NBA history by his side, fighting for a team. 

I know it's nuts, but really, is it that far-fetched?

^^^
Yup, Ballmer actually sold about $1.3 billion worth of stocks not that long ago.

We'll see how this thing develops...

^^^
Yup, Ballmer actually sold about $1.3 billion worth of stocks not that long ago.

We'll see how this thing develops...

^^^

Exactly. That stock sale was so random, and there were rumblings about it being sports related. But this is all too convenient. The stock sale a month ago (or so) and now this announcement? Come on.

^^^

Exactly. That stock sale was so random, and there were rumblings about it being sports related. But this is all too convenient. The stock sale a month ago (or so) and now this announcement? Come on.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Seattle Attendance Record From 2001 up until they relocated:

2001 - 17th
2002 - 21st
2003 - 20th
2004 - 23rd
2005 - 21st
2006 - 23rd
2007 - 25th
2008 - 28th

Now please tell me why Seattle so overwhelmingly deserves another bball team oppose to N.O.
Because if it wasn't for the stupid politicians, Sonics shoulda never left.. Seattle has a much richer populace than NO..
also if im not mistaken keyarena had the least amount of seats for a home arena in the league which attributes to why the numbers were so low.   the boston red sox have low attendance numbers because fenway only seats 30,000 something people even though almost every game is sold out.

2001 - 17th
2002 - 21st
2003 - 20th
2004 - 23rd
2005 - 21st
2006 - 23rd
2007 - 25th
2008 - 28th

Now please tell me why Seattle so overwhelmingly deserves another bball team oppose to N.O.
Because if it wasn't for the stupid politicians, Sonics shoulda never left.. Seattle has a much richer populace than NO..
also if im not mistaken keyarena had the least amount of seats for a home arena in the league which attributes to why the numbers were so low.   the boston red sox have low attendance numbers because fenway only seats 30,000 something people even though almost every game is sold out.

People outside of Seattle have no idea what it was like to have our team of 41 years pretty much hijacked from us. It's not that our city didn't step up, it's the fact that Bennett and Stern planned to move our team all along. What better way to do it then demand that a city pay for a $500 million facility? Without the billionaire owners chipping in anything??? Seattle was fed up and took a stand. That's just the tip of the iceberg. You all need to watch Sonicsgate, a great documentary. As much as I want to have a team back in Seattle, I don't want to be the "abused gf" that takes back the abusive bf who did them wrong. The NBA is going broke! They'd just be trying to make money out of our city again..Coming back to the well that provided for them for 41 years. But if it happens, it happens.

People outside of Seattle have no idea what it was like to have our team of 41 years pretty much hijacked from us. It's not that our city didn't step up, it's the fact that Bennett and Stern planned to move our team all along. What better way to do it then demand that a city pay for a $500 million facility? Without the billionaire owners chipping in anything??? Seattle was fed up and took a stand. That's just the tip of the iceberg. You all need to watch Sonicsgate, a great documentary. As much as I want to have a team back in Seattle, I don't want to be the "abused gf" that takes back the abusive bf who did them wrong. The NBA is going broke! They'd just be trying to make money out of our city again..Coming back to the well that provided for them for 41 years. But if it happens, it happens.

I always thought Seattle had good attendence numbers. Key Arena always looked like it had a decent amount of fans in it, and now knowing that attendance is done by percentage and number of seats in the areana  it makes better sense.

To be honest, I think NBA areana's should all be like Key Arena. I look at most NBA games and most of these larger areanas seem like they have alot of trouble filling the stands. The smaller the areana the more vibrant the atmosphere.

Also, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I feel the NBA shouldn't have teams in warmer weather climates. For instance, does anyone know the attendance for the Heat before Wade and James?

I just feel the populace of those areas would rather be outside in nice weather rather then inside an areana. Maybe it's cause I'm from up north. Haha.

I always thought Seattle had good attendence numbers. Key Arena always looked like it had a decent amount of fans in it, and now knowing that attendance is done by percentage and number of seats in the areana  it makes better sense.

To be honest, I think NBA areana's should all be like Key Arena. I look at most NBA games and most of these larger areanas seem like they have alot of trouble filling the stands. The smaller the areana the more vibrant the atmosphere.

Also, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I feel the NBA shouldn't have teams in warmer weather climates. For instance, does anyone know the attendance for the Heat before Wade and James?

I just feel the populace of those areas would rather be outside in nice weather rather then inside an areana. Maybe it's cause I'm from up north. Haha.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Like Los Angeles and San Antonio... 
eyes.gif

eyes.gif

i *$%**!% hate shinn and i'm glad the hornets is not in his control now....

thats all
laugh.gif

i *$%**!% hate shinn and i'm glad the hornets is not in his control now....

thats all
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

eyes.gif
I also like to point out the teams located in the south like the Hawks, Grizzlies, Hornets, Bobcats having trouble sell tickets.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

eyes.gif
I also like to point out the teams located in the south like the Hawks, Grizzlies, Hornets, Bobcats having trouble sell tickets.

Hope they dont move...I go to all the marquee games I can make...but to be honest Hornets just dont have the city behind them like that. Its sad, i think it may be ticket prices and just lack of interest in basketball...Saints n LSU football rule the land down here

Hope they dont move...I go to all the marquee games I can make...but to be honest Hornets just dont have the city behind them like that. Its sad, i think it may be ticket prices and just lack of interest in basketball...Saints n LSU football rule the land down here

2001 - 17th
2002 - 21st
2003 - 20th
2004 - 23rd
2005 - 21st
2006 - 23rd
2007 - 25th
2008 - 28th

But who cares if yall aren't attending the games?

2001 - 17th
2002 - 21st
2003 - 20th
2004 - 23rd
2005 - 21st
2006 - 23rd
2007 - 25th
2008 - 28th

But who cares if yall aren't attending the games?

Back
Top Bottom