NBA players and basketball shoes sizing

Is it true that NBA players wear their shoes 1/2 size bigger or even a full size bigger than their true size because of all the ankle taping, etc ?

Also i when i try to wear my shoes half a size bigger or a full size bigger i feel like i could jump a little bit higher than normal. Feel more lower to the ground and my feet feel more comfortable after a game . Anyone here experience this as well ?

Is it true that NBA players wear their shoes 1/2 size bigger or even a full size bigger than their true size because of all the ankle taping, etc ?

Also i when i try to wear my shoes half a size bigger or a full size bigger i feel like i could jump a little bit higher than normal. Feel more lower to the ground and my feet feel more comfortable after a game . Anyone here experience this as well ?

It's possible but I doubt it. Unless you're using an ankle brace on top of tape, it shouldn't effect fit enough to go up on size.

I've never experienced what you mentioned. Bigger shoes definitely won't be lower to the ground and shoes that are too big cause your feet to slide during games, which is uncomfortable. A proper sized shoe that fits you well is better than anything else comfort wise.

It's possible but I doubt it. Unless you're using an ankle brace on top of tape, it shouldn't effect fit enough to go up on size.

I've never experienced what you mentioned. Bigger shoes definitely won't be lower to the ground and shoes that are too big cause your feet to slide during games, which is uncomfortable. A proper sized shoe that fits you well is better than anything else comfort wise.

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

Yes, a lot of 'em do, usually it's 1/2 - full size up.

And if you experience better control, and a better ground contact, you might have been buying your shoes too small, because a good fit, will maximize your performance. If you wear your shoes too small, you can't utilize your feet's natural flex, and stretch motion properly, which sounds like what you're describing. And your feet will get squeezed up towards the edges(because footbeds tend to raise towards the edge), which gives you a higher off the ground feel.

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

Yes, a lot of 'em do, usually it's 1/2 - full size up.

And if you experience better control, and a better ground contact, you might have been buying your shoes too small, because a good fit, will maximize your performance. If you wear your shoes too small, you can't utilize your feet's natural flex, and stretch motion properly, which sounds like what you're describing. And your feet will get squeezed up towards the edges(because footbeds tend to raise towards the edge), which gives you a higher off the ground feel.

Originally Posted by Tuition Aint Cheap

Yes, many NBA players do this. I think Jason Terry goes 2 or 3 sizes up. He's actually not a good example though.

i remember watched a story on him, i think he wears like 5-6 pairs of socks. the reason being is because when he was young, his family couldn't afford to get shoes for him and his brother, so he just wore his brothers shoes and put on a bunch of socks

Originally Posted by Tuition Aint Cheap

Yes, many NBA players do this. I think Jason Terry goes 2 or 3 sizes up. He's actually not a good example though.

i remember watched a story on him, i think he wears like 5-6 pairs of socks. the reason being is because when he was young, his family couldn't afford to get shoes for him and his brother, so he just wore his brothers shoes and put on a bunch of socks

Back
Top Bottom