NBA Summer League 2019 | Memphis Grizzlies 2019 SL Champions | Brandon Clarke MVP

D_ZMUPbWwAcOy_Y.jpg

D_ZMUPaX4AEAkOb.jpg

That was a bizarre pick to me that high in the draft
It’s the GM that drafted Giannis...yo been sticking to that template ever since, so a 6’10 3/4 fits right with that

U right about bizarre based on the moves they made in free agency tho...why run it back with the same squad trying make the playoffs again and draft a dude that’s not even gon play ?? :lol: :smh:

Why did Carsen Edwards go in round 2? Dude can get his shot off whenever he wants. Close to unguardable in SL.

NAW is so good.
I have faith in Shlenk but damb, I wanted the kid on Atlanta. Reddish better pan out, and he was one of a number of options I thought they should go with... but they don't have anything close to a promising secondary ball handler

I have faith in Shlenk but damb, I wanted the kid on Atlanta. Reddish better pan out, and he was one of a number of options I thought they should go with... but they don't have anything close to a promising secondary ball handler
I'll be kind of upset if Romeo doesn't pan out and we passed on NAW.

If we are being honest 90% of who has a strong summer league

is who get's hot from 3 and who doesnt.

like If NAW shot 45% from 3 on 8 attempts a game I promise he would have went higher in the draft. :lol:

Between watching his play in Vegas and then looking over his numbers as a Soph and Junior in college, I'm pretty confident that Carsen can be a productive player off the bench right away, mostly shooting 3s. Junior year, his team was trash and he was really the only option. The fact that he was able to be an average 3pt shooter on ridiculously high usage (35.5% on 10.6 attempts) as the teams only option has to be a positive. Looking back on his Soph year when he was surrounded by more talent and had less usage, he shot 40.6% from 3 on 6.5 attempts.

On the main roster, he's likely always going to be playing alongside Marcus Smart, who can be the primary ball handler and put Carsen off ball. At least one of Brown/Hayward/Tatum will also be on the floor as well. He should have plenty of opportunities to get off open looks.

Back
Top Bottom