NBA Yahoo League Thread: LEAGUE 2 DRAFTING NOW --- 8:30pm EDT

Hey S&T,

Well it's been a while, so hope all's going well for everyone, particularly the oldtimers I used to shoot the stuff with on here. Anyhow, while Istill consider myself officially "retired" from NT I figured I'd stop in to continue my old tradition of heading up some Yahoo NBA leagues. They've gone well in the past, so I figured I'd start a few up - probably only two this year though instead of the usual four. So sorry JapanAir, butyou may only end up in 22 leagues this year.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

So here's the info for the first league if anyone's interested. 10-team, H2H with the standard 9 categories. Live draft is October 6th, and as thoseof you that have played in my leagues may remember I run a little draft lottery so we have our drafting positions beforehand to be able to put together somedraft strategy.

One thing I do ask though: PLEASE NO DEADBEAT OWNERS! If you don't think you'll last the whole season, please resist the urge to sign up.

League ID#: 122841
League Name: Summer of 2010
Password: 2010

Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Tue Oct 6 8:30pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: 82
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 4, 2010
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Divisions: No
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB),Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

eek.gif
you again
pimp.gif

I'd be down.... just not sure if i'll be able to make that draft time

legal eagle!

how u gonna retire the yr the Hurricanes are actually puttin up a nice fight

Thanks for the welcome back (especially you dreClark
laugh.gif
). I hear you Gunna, but I actually retired back in January...but the Canes are looking pretty good sofar and I'm excited to see how these tough two weeks are going to finish out. Jacory looks like the real deal though, huh? Sactown, would a later time workbetter for you? If you really want in just sign up and we can change the time later to one that works for the majority of the people in the league.

im in but G that time need to be bumped up to atleast 12ish you have to take into count the different time zones

Did the mods host an encore of the official NT fantasy basketball league last year? In 2007-08, it was a points league that consisted of 100 teams in 5regional divisions. I don't remember seeing a sticky for 2008-09. Would've liked to defend my title, but I won by such a wide margin in 2007-08 that asecond league really wasn't necessary.

http://niketalk.com/topic/15153

Alright guys, first league has filled up and I just finished generating the draft order. Here's the methodology (pretty simple but it works well):

1. Used the following website to input team names into draft order generator: http://tools.fantasysportsfactory.com/DraftOrderGenerator/random.php?mode=restart
2. Ran the generator ten times, and calculated the average for each team
3. Ties were broken by removing the two highest and lowest results for each tied team and re-averaging

So here we go:

1. RyGuy45: 4.2

2. Mateen Cleaves: 4.5

3. Chester mcfloppy: 4.7

4. Ny yankees: 4.9 (4.83)

5. KLJ: 4.9 (5.00)

6. Proshares: 5.1

7. DoubleJs: 5.9

8. Casper Jr: 6.3

9. Donaghy's Best: 7.0

10. Bigmike23: 7.5

So there we go, ya'll can start getting your war room juices flowing.

As far as the second league, please post here if you're interested and I'll let you all know when it's up and ready.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I'm pretty sure that's eagle at 9, so I think it's safe to say he didn't rig it.
laugh.gif

Yep, that's my squad, Donaghy's Best Bets...you'd think I'd have done better for myself had I rigged it right?
laugh.gif

I'm interested in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th league etc too. And if anyone wants to get a money league going I'm down.

Back
Top Bottom