NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Ouch the ratings weren't very good. It just can't compete vs. The Big Bang Theory...looks like we could be on cancel watch already

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Ouch the ratings weren't very good. It just can't compete vs. The Big Bang Theory...looks like we could be on cancel watch already
DAMMIT! I don't understand it. I've seen the Big Bang Theory...not that great
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

pimp.gif
 @ the 2001: A Space Odyssey reference.
devil.gif

I was like "Wait, is this what I think it is... what in the world...."
Also, was the axe scene a reference for The Shining?

Was this a Stanley Kubrick homage ep?

lol

Anyways, I thought this ep was ok.... pretty bad compared to the other ones.

On the other hand, Always Sunny in Philadelphia was really good
laugh.gif

OH yea, and the Dr. Who reference
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by the coolness

eyes.gif
Yeah but that's just the stuff America loves. They like those cheesy sitcoms with punchline jokes and laugh tracks. Shows like Community and Parks and Rec are too "smart" to appeal to the masses

I don't get how those types of sitcoms can get such high ratings, I don't really find them funny either.

People are definitely sleeping on this show. Episode was funny. No love for Gillian Jacobs though?
devil.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

I don't get how those types of sitcoms can get such high ratings, I don't really find them funny either.
People are dumb/dont like to think about what's funny or not. They like to be told when to laugh, a la laugh tracks. This show better not go the way of Arrested Development.
No love for Gillian Jacobs though?
devil.gif

Always got love for Gillian, Alison Brie's just better
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

pimp.gif
 @ the 2001: A Space Odyssey reference.
devil.gif

I was like "Wait, is this what I think it is... what in the world...."
Also, was the axe scene a reference for The Shining?

Was this a Stanley Kubrick homage ep?

lol
Damn I never even thought of that
laugh.gif
Had to be, with Jeff having gone crazy, all covered in white stuff (like Jack in The Shining was covered in snow at the end). The Space Odyssey reference though
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Good episode to set up the rest of the season and sort of wink at us, the viewers, about everything staying the same as the previous seasons.

Apparently ratings don't take into consideration online/on demand views, or DVR. Many may like Big Bang Theory and also this one. But there's only one winner.. Then again I've never known or met someone with a Nielsen box.

I don't think so. NBC let Chuck go on with it's dropping ratings. so Community should be fine for another season. 

"6 seasons and a movie" was the same thing Abed said about The Cape. I thought it was funny when
Troy was reassuring him with that.

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

I don't think so. NBC let Chuck go on with it's dropping ratings. so Community should be fine for another season. 

NBC sucks. They're the worst of the big 4. If they coulda even come close to replacing Community they would've, but they can't.

They kept Community at 8 and it got killed last year there too. They benched Parks and Rec last year cuz they thought Outsourced was the truth...Remember that Leno thing, when they cancelled all their 10pm shows for it, just for it to fail hard? They're just happy to have the Olympics, SNF and some shows with solid fans.
laugh.gif

So I think Community's good for now.
grin.gif

Caught a few reruns this summer. Watched the recent episode
pimp.gif
have the DVR on record series.

Originally Posted by the coolness

eyes.gif
Yeah but that's just the stuff America loves. They like those cheesy sitcoms with punchline jokes and laugh tracks. Shows like Community and Parks and Rec are too "smart" to appeal to the masses
i hate that show with a passion.  himym too.

I used to love this show. But this latest episode and the last season haven't been funny to me at all. Am I the only one that feels like this show fell off?

^ever since they stopped chang from being the spanish teacher it hasn't been as funny, but there are good episodes once in a while

They were in real danger last year.  Shirley mentioned it being their final year or semester.  What are they going to do when it comes time for them to graduate?  Maybe follow them to a 4 year college or university?  I don't even know any of their majors except for Jeff who is law and Brita who just said she wanted to do Psychology.
I agree with the people that said it was better when Chang was still a professor.  I remember really enjoying the first season and everything after was still good but didn't match the first.

This gif is 
eek.gif
devil.gif

2u5s86o.gif

The show has not fallen off at all, there's only been two seasons and it didn't get that much worse to think it's fallen off.

The Office has fallen off, The Simpsons fell off 10 years ago, when a show declines... it's much more obvious.

Community's 2nd season might have been more uneven and hit or miss than the first, but it's still one of the best comedies out. I haven't noticed a change in the humor that would make it funny in the first season, and not funny in the second. They might have done more dramatic episodes or gotten more development, but the quality hasn't declined.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The show has not fallen off at all, there's only been two seasons and it didn't get that much worse to think it's fallen off.

The Office has fallen off, The Simpsons fell off 10 years ago, when a show declines... it's much more obvious.

Community's 2nd season might have been more uneven and hit or miss than the first, but it's still one of the best comedies out. I haven't noticed a change in the humor that would make it funny in the first season, and not funny in the second. They might have done more dramatic episodes or gotten more development, but the quality hasn't declined.
Well put.
I enjoyed this episode, and am stoked for the entire season.

Annie.
embarassed.gif
 My favorite NBC female.

So glad this is followed by Parks. Great hour of television.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom