NC NTERS CHECK IN

Here's the "official" HOH Grand Opening announcement:

http://houseofhoops.footl...e-nc-grand-opening-event

Disappointing to not see any athletes listed for the opening. Thought Stephen Curry would've been a great fit if he was in town. (He's a Nike guy. He's local. But I also know he was in New York for the last lockout meeting and he was at the Duke game last night I believe, so not sure whether he's even in town.) Anyone know anything additionally?

Just popped my head into the Concord XI thread. I'm already dreading the release. Ugh. I figure we're looking at HoH, Bobcats team shop, Social Status in terms of the immediate Charlotte area. Not sure where I'll even try.

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

Just popped my head into the Concord XI thread. I'm already dreading the release. Ugh. I figure we're looking at HoH, Bobcats team shop, Social Status in terms of the immediate Charlotte area. Not sure where I'll even try.

Only way to survive that situation is to help each other out like my man puddinpop  did last year.

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Only way to survive that situation is to help each other out like my man puddinpop  did last year.
Going to have to refresh my memory on that one. I just remember waiting through the line at Flava Factory, only to come away empty-handed, but luckily I got mine on Nike.com on my phone while we were standing there and waiting.
In other news, did you guys see the Black Friday deal at Social Status?

blackfridayadd5.jpg

That definitely has potential. I might have to do a scouting trip this week on Tuesday or Wednesday to get an idea of what's around. I am curious how they're going to handle the traffic flow of people, because you can't have anarchy in there with like 50 people trying to basically BOGO the store. You almost have to do like 2 or 4 people at a time. 

trying to grab the 3's online this week. But for the concords i'm not even sure where to begin in the Raleigh area. It's going to be hectic with the campouts...Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Be safe out there.

By the way, I'm double-checking at the shop tomorrow, but it sounds like there are a few exclusions on that Social Status B/F sale. No Polo, APC, Comme des Garcons or Retro Jordans. But it sounds like basically everything else is a go. This definitely requires a scouting trip, ha. Anyone else going over there?

After I missed out on the cool greys last year im planning the concords already. Puddinpopp you need to make that trip to Sanford and put that money down in the next week or two.

Any spots doing a midnight release on the 3's in the triangle tonight? All the spots i call in durham & chapel hill said they not opening til 5,6 & 8 on Friday. Its the ususally places FTL,FA, FL, Champs, Hibbetts.

I would like to know where to cop the 3s also... It sucks I have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow....

Originally Posted by mit9k

Any spots doing a midnight release on the 3's in the triangle tonight? All the spots i call in durham & chapel hill said they not opening til 5,6 & 8 on Friday. Its the ususally places FTL,FA, FL, Champs, Hibbetts.

yoo i dont think you even have to worry about them selling out in durham NOTHING ever sale out but foams. if northgate spots do sale out just go to athletes foot near Kmart

Originally Posted by woody2626

After I missed out on the cool greys last year im planning the concords already. Puddinpopp you need to make that trip to Sanford and put that money down in the next week or two.

yeah you already know. I'll text you after I figure out how many I can get and to secure them.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by puddinpopp

yeah you already know. I'll text you after I figure out how many I can get and to secure them.
pimp.gif
Hit me up too brotha! 

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Originally Posted by puddinpopp

pimp.gif
Hit me up too brotha! 

If you have the hookup I would take at least two pairs (one for brother, one for myself).  I got one order through on sneaker.st but have no confirmation it is beyond simple processing stage.  Was going to try to cop 2 at midnight tonight online.

Anyone hear about the mistake at a Winston Salem shoe store? Employee at a very large chain store (not going to mention for sake of store reputation) put the 3's on the floor last Friday, not knowing they had a release date and were a high-demand shoe. Nonetheless, my boy picked up a pair for me and him before anyone knew what happened. Got them for retail, a week early, and no Black Friday hassle.

Also, looking forward to the Concords, hopefully us NikeTalkers can help each other out if it is needed, rather than for the lurkers on this board. Some sort of email/contact system would be beneficial to everyone.

Originally Posted by NCSUWolfPack92

Anyone hear about the mistake at a Winston Salem shoe store? Employee at a very large chain store (not going to mention for sake of store reputation) put the 3's on the floor last Friday, not knowing they had a release date and were a high-demand shoe. Nonetheless, my boy picked up a pair for me and him before anyone knew what happened. Got them for retail, a week early, and no Black Friday hassle.

Also, looking forward to the Concords, hopefully us NikeTalkers can help each other out if it is needed, rather than for the lurkers on this board. Some sort of email/contact system would be beneficial to everyone.
Must be in Hanes..

If people are on Facebook or G+, creating a group or circle would be an easy way to keep it tight.
As an aside, I showed up at Social Status for the Black Friday sale (ad posted on the last page) which said to come at midnight. I even called tonight at about 10 to see if they were doing the IIIs at midnight with the BF sale, but was told sale at midnight, IIIs at open in the morning (which was good in my book; I wasn't getting the IIIs and didn't really want to mess with that crowd.) So I show up at 12... and they tell me to come back at 9. Huh? Saw about 8 other people also roll up at the same time as me, also to be turned away. Guessing we weren't the only ones.

Close by, but not exactly in Hanes.... not known for carrying retro Jordans.

Hibbett's or D i c k s?
laugh.gif
they're the only ones I know that doesn't get retro's on a regular basis.And puddinpopp im going in next week to try and secure the ones here. Hopefully ill know more by next weekend.And as far as the contact/email thing just start sending around some PMs with your twitter in them

really surprised at the turnout for these shoes this morning...will definitely go down as an "Im glad I used to work here" episode..a lot of empty hands

Hibbetts disappointed me but Champs came through for me on the 3's. No line, no waiting @ Champs Sports this morning.

If people are on Facebook or G+, creating a group or circle would be an easy way to keep it tight.
As an aside, I showed up at Social Status for the Black Friday sale (ad posted on the last page) which said to come at midnight. I even called tonight at about 10 to see if they were doing the IIIs at midnight with the BF sale, but was told sale at midnight, IIIs at open in the morning (which was good in my book; I wasn't getting the IIIs and didn't really want to mess with that crowd.) So I show up at 12... and they tell me to come back at 9. Huh? Saw about 8 other people also roll up at the same time as me, also to be turned away. Guessing we weren't the only ones.

I'm sure most people are on Facebook, so a group there would probably work the best. With the craziness for Concords, everyone needs to be on their A game.

Back
Top Bottom