NDC's New Checkout Policy...Good or Bad? Whats Your Thoughts?

http://help-us.nike.com/a...update//a_id/29081   
Update to NikeStore online releases 

NikeStore.com has evolved to give you more time in checkout to verify your information and complete your purchase of new releases.

Customers who are first to add their size to the cart and get to the payment step (screen shot below) will have a temporary hold on that pair. Once you reach the payment step with your product, take your time to verify your information and complete the checkout process knowing that the product is held for you for a reasonable amount of time.

When all units of a size are held, the size will not show as available on site. If any consumers holding a pair in checkout don't complete checkout, those sizes will become available on the site again in a short time period.

Once all pairs have been fully ordered, we will tweet that the style is sold out

Originally Posted by rillo561

Really don't see a problem with this.

Yeah, I think it's fantastic that Nike is taking this approach! You have no idea how many times I've gotten all the way to the end of the process, just to get a soldout message at the confirmation page...

Now, as long as you get to the checkout page, your pair is on hold until you complete the ENTIRE process!

Now they just need to upgrade their servers

its probably already been implemented. with south beaches and AJKO, when you try to add to cart, the items already saying sold out. As soon as it is tweeted. could be a big problem if youre not quick to add to cart.

dont know why this wasnt implemented a long time ago!! hopefully the rest of the retailers implement this too

Yeah, I think they did implement this for the AJ KO release because checkout was one of the smoothest I've experience since the AJ XI Low. I think this is a good move by Nike. They're finally "evolving." I wish they would evolve and make more pairs to make coping less stressful!
smile.gif

If it actually works then I'm all for it b/c I'm always quick to get them in my cart but most of the time I can't checkout.

The ideas seems good, but basically if you can't add to the cart like I did on the lebrons this past Saturday, you're pretty much out of luck.

I like it. It's a race to add to the cart then once in the cart you can take a second to enter card info and shipping info plus any promo you may have.

Originally Posted by KMante

This sounds decent

sure but you have to be quick as hell adding to your cart.

and i agree with who ever else said it, they must have used this during the AJKO release. soon as i went to the size both my sizes were SOLD OUT.

either way its great and dont have to have a panic attack trying to check out and type info thinking it will sell out while its in my cart. we will see how it goes for the next release.

Ucmeatuci............

Really!?!

The smoothest process since the xi low?? Really!?

Whats that,,,,,,,4 weeks? Hahaha and 2 releases?
Are you 15 i take it?
Dont remember the nonhype days of actually going online and buying shoes

That process wasnt smooth,

The sneaker game nowdays. Ugh.

Sounds good. I hate adding a pair to cart then after entering all my details, getting the out of stock message

Back
Top Bottom