"Nearly every film has a love story." Post exceptions.

Originally Posted by Kramer

True Grit

That's a tougher one, but the little girl definitely developed an emotional relationship with Jeff Bridges character.

Spoiler [+]
You can tell she had a strong connection with him in the epilogue, i.e. moving the body back home, talking of her regrets, etc.

Scarface....

unless you want to go super deep and say Scarface was in love with money but then if you are going that deep than this is a dumb question because love is one of the very few universal feelings.

Title is wrong, it should say "every movie has a love story".
If you say it "is" a love story then that has to be a main focus.
If there is just a dude that has a crush on a girl but the story doesn't evolve around it, then that is not a love story.

Like the move The Drunken Master. Sure the mom loves the dad but the movie isn't a love story at all.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Scarface....

unless you want to go super deep and say Scarface was in love with money but then if you are going that deep than this is a dumb question because love is one of the very few universal feelings.
Tony was in love with his sister. She explains this in the film herself.

Spoiler [+]
It's also why he kills Manolo

You might've stumped me on Boondock Saints, although Dafoe did love the male genitalia in that film.

ipman22d.jpg

The first Ong Bak Nah. I already know what your going to say.

State Property. Whatever you gonna say...its reaching, bruh.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

The first Ong Bak
Ting & Muak Ley.

War films don't really fit the category, unless there is a underlying sense of %%*% eroticism, which I don't wanna touch on with a 20 foot pole.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

The first Ong Bak
Ting & Muak Ley.

War films don't really fit the category, unless there is a underlying sense of %%*% eroticism, which I don't wanna touch on with a 20 foot pole.
No, no. I'm calling shenanigans! Tink gave no damb about that chick. You coulda at least said Tink and his village.

The first Ong Bak
Ting & Muak Ley.

No, no. I'm calling shenanigans! Tink gave no damb about that chick. You coulda at least said Tink and his village.
Just because wasn't overt doesn't mean it wasn't there. The beauty of different interpretations and opinions
pimp.gif

Tin Tin loves that damb dog more than anything in life. You can't convince me there wasn't some weird stuff going on between the Cap & Tin Tin as well.

I haven't seen the newest Rambo, but if there's a female anywhere in the flick that has a speaking part, then she's the love interest. Implied or not.

2001: A Space Odyssey
La Haine
Valerie and Her Week of Wonders
Instructions For A Light and Sound Machine
Meshes of the Afternoon
Simon of the Desert

Are you serious dawg? We could play this game for the rest of the night, just know you're a peon...

Step your film game up.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Are you serious dawg? 

I wasn't at all. I told people to post exceptions to the rule and you did. I was just pointing out how the majority of Hollywood movies that we all grew up with and loved have these devices implanted to make us feel for the characters and relate to the story on a personal basis to make us all feel safe, secure and happy with the world when we leave the theater. It's the oldest trick known to film-makers, if you want your film to be universally loved & cherished, it needs some element of a love story. We've all been fooled by it. For every film that doesn't follow this lame formula (like the ones you posted, La Haine is
pimp.gif
btw) I and I'm sure you can too, can name hundreds that do.

Th3RealF0lkBlu3ssaid it best on pg 1
"Majority? Yeah, sure, some more difficult to argue for than others, but I can accept that."

Spoiler [+]
I was just trying to entertain myself on my Friday afternoon off of work. 
wink.gif

As for the "censored word" film trilogy Tr1ll, those guys love the pain
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
the_trolls_come_out_for_roger_ebert-460x307.jpg

As for the "censored word" film trilogy Tr1ll, those guys love the pain
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
the_trolls_come_out_for_roger_ebert-460x307.jpg

Got me!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Pokemon the first movie

Power rangers the first movie
Ash and Misty have been waiting to reach puberty for about 10 years now, maybe longer.

As for PR, I'm sure Tommy was hitting the Pink Ranger.

Back
Top Bottom