Need a new phone, my n95 broke. Suggestions?

Like the title says, my n95 is broken. It reboots every 30seconds, and it's basically useless. It's also pretty old, and some of the keys fell off.
So, I'm thinking of getting a new phone. I'm on ATT, and I don't have a data plan, but might get one in the near future.

Ideas for a replacement?

I want something slimmer than the n95, ideally touchscreen, dont care about battery life, good camera, ideally with a keyboard, good phonecall quality.

my only complaints with the n95 was the lagginess, the bulkiness, and the lack of a full keyboard for texting.

im open to ATT phones and unlocked, id like to stay away from the iphone btw

thanks

I believe the N8 unlocked will work on AT&T. As for AT&T, for any decent phone, you'll most likely need to get a data plan.

You can look into the Tilt 2, it came out last year so some might consider it dated and its running WM which not too many are a fan of but you can at least turn off the data connection. A new HTC phone running android will drop soon. There is also the Palm Pre and BB's but those really require a data plan, not sure if you can turn it off, def not a BB. Not sure really what unlocked phones are out there. Since you may get a data plan eventually, you would want something that works with AT&T's 3G.

HTC are always dropping new phones running Android...
laugh.gif

You can get a HD2 unlock it and cancel it
happy.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Free T-Mobile Phones on Saturday![/h1]
File under: News

By: Adam Z Lein | Date: 15-Jun-10 | 0 Comments

fathersday_TmoNews_wm1.jpg

It turns out the rumor is true! T-Mobile is giving all phones away for free for Father's Day (with a 2 year contract) on Saturday June 19th. You can even get the awesome HTC HD2 for free that day! Stores will be opening early, so you better plan on waking up and getting in line in order to get the best phones. Use the Store Locator to find the closest ones with the best phones.

(via T-MoNews)

The new Android phone Atira (sp?) or like mentioned above the Nexus One

PS According to my AT&T rep there are 5 game changing phone being released on AT&T sometime this quarter

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

The new Android phone Atira (sp?) or like mentioned above the Nexus One

PS According to my AT&T rep there are 5 game changing phone being released on AT&T sometime this quarter

hmm sounds interesting. yeah at&t phones suck right now... by this quarter, would that mean by the end of june?

No the quarter just started
Could you share anymore info or at least pm me some info?
nerd.gif

I know one of them is a high end HTC android. I think the Samsung Galaxy S is going to be on all networks, but they said their screen technology is even better than the iPhone 4 and the phone seems promising.

If you want a "great" camera wait for the N8 (12 MP). For all around function N97 or N900, but personally I'm get the N900 (but I'm bias)
happy.gif
.~

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

nerd.gif

I know one of them is a high end HTC android. I think the Samsung Galaxy S is going to be on all networks, but they said their screen technology is even better than the iPhone 4 and the phone seems promising.
This is what I know that is definite as of today...HTC has a phone coming out around September/Fall that apparently blows the HTC EVO away (I just came back from a meeting where this was discussed no mention of what carrier(s) or any specs but someone speculated dual core processor among other things)

AT&T has a new marketing strategy due to their loss of sales every time someone leaked a new phone and everyone would hold off prime example iPhone 4 so basically a general customer will not know what phone is coming out/being released until it is in the store so I suggest anyone in the market for a phone this quarter read Engadget or Gizmodo or Boy Genius Report religiously

Samsung Galaxy S screen technology > any other screen technology I have seen to date including iPhone 4

If I remember anything else or get word of anything else I'll be sure to post or pm

nerd.gif

They're probably right. Samsung makes not only the most lcd/oled panels, but the best panels as well. Their OSs (touchwiz and bada) however, need decommissioning.  If the galaxy S is vanilla android then I can deal.

As flawed as the phone may be however, the nexus one is still pretty much the best all-around android handset so far.
ohwell.gif

happy.gif

[h1][/h1]

It turns out the rumor is true! T-Mobile is giving all phones away for free for Father's Day (with a 2 year contract) on Saturday June 19th. You can even get the awesome HTC HD2 for free that day! Stores will be opening early, so you better plan on waking up and getting in line in order to get the best phones. Use the Store Locator to find the closest ones with the best phones.

(via T-MoNews)

If I alredy have a family plan is there anything I can do to get around this?

nerd.gif

This is what I know that is definite as of today...HTC has a phone coming out around September/Fall that apparently blows the HTC EVO away (I just came back from a meeting where this was discussed no mention of what carrier(s) or any specs but someone speculated dual core processor among other things)

AT&T has a new marketing strategy due to their loss of sales every time someone leaked a new phone and everyone would hold off prime example iPhone 4 so basically a general customer will not know what phone is coming out/being released until it is in the store so I suggest anyone in the market for a phone this quarter read Engadget or Gizmodo or Boy Genius Report religiously

Samsung Galaxy S screen technology > any other screen technology I have seen to date including iPhone 4

If I remember anything else or get word of anything else I'll be sure to post or pm
guess I'll be waiting till september then haha. i cant afford to spend 500 something on an unlocked device right now, and all other at&t phones suck right now, including the iphone 4

Originally Posted by Halftime718

happy.gif

[h1][/h1]

By: Adam Z
Lein
|
Date: 15-Jun-10 |
Comments

It turns out the rumor is true! T-Mobile is giving all phones away for free
for Father's Day (with a 2 year contract) on Saturday June 19th. You
can even get the awesome HTC HD2 for free
that day! Stores will be opening early, so you better plan on waking
up and getting in line in order to get the best phones. Use the Store
Locator
to find the closest ones with the best phones.

(via T-MoNews)

You might be able to convince the dude to do it if you add a line.

nerd.gif

Thanks
pimp.gif
I did hear about that processor and also that Motorola was working on a phone with a 2GHz processor.

I read those blogs daily
laugh.gif
and they always come through.
For VZW, new info on the Driod X has been posted on those blogs with vids and etc,

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

nerd.gif

They're probably right. Samsung makes not only the most lcd/oled panels, but the best panels as well. Their OSs (touchwiz and bada) however, need decommissioning.  If the galaxy S is vanilla android then I can deal.

As flawed as the phone may be however, the nexus one is still pretty much the best all-around android handset so far.
ohwell.gif
Touchwiz and Bada, they were just as good as Motoblur
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But the Galaxy S has some UI on it, some parts look too similar to the iPhone and they are also putting out a tablet with the same UI
indifferent.gif
But besides that, the phone is really good.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

happy.gif

(via T-MoNews)

Honestly, I have no clue. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was just for new contracts.

Originally Posted by il prescelto

nerd.gif

guess I'll be waiting till september then haha. i cant afford to spend 500 something on an unlocked device right now, and all other at&t phones suck right now, including the iphone 4

There's also phones that are gonna have Windows Mobile 7 which looks really good, dropping in the fall/winter. My contract has been up since March but I'm gonna wait and cop something around the holiday season. Some of the up coming Dell phones are looking 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Nexus one.
ninjahood speaks the truth.  just go with Nexus One.  you won't be disappointed.  unless you're the type thats looking for a 12MP camera with Xenon Flash on your phone

Back
Top Bottom