Need help purchasing a new car!!!

Aight so my wife is finally getting her new car and she could not be more excited...with the POS blazer she's been driving I dont blame her. ( Sidenote: how the %@## can you call a 2 door, 2wd, back seats dont fold down with a sub box in the back an SUV?) Anyways, she is getting a certified 2009 nissan maxima sv sport package. Now I know it aint no beamer, but its a good reliable car that hopefully wont require a lot of maintenance and personally I love the styling. So got some money back from refinancing my house so I plan on paying straight cash...Now here's my question they are asking $28,879 for the car, being that im paying cash what do you think i should offer them out the door tax included? Whats a good first offer to start the bargining process? Good look yall!

Aight so my wife is finally getting her new car and she could not be more excited...with the POS blazer she's been driving I dont blame her. ( Sidenote: how the %@## can you call a 2 door, 2wd, back seats dont fold down with a sub box in the back an SUV?) Anyways, she is getting a certified 2009 nissan maxima sv sport package. Now I know it aint no beamer, but its a good reliable car that hopefully wont require a lot of maintenance and personally I love the styling. So got some money back from refinancing my house so I plan on paying straight cash...Now here's my question they are asking $28,879 for the car, being that im paying cash what do you think i should offer them out the door tax included? Whats a good first offer to start the bargining process? Good look yall!

Go to a completely different dealership and ask about fleet pricing. Find out what the absolute bottom is you could pay for a new car, figure out the percentage difference from MSRP, and find a way to apply that formula to a used car/KBB value. You can definitely save at least a stack.

Go to a completely different dealership and ask about fleet pricing. Find out what the absolute bottom is you could pay for a new car, figure out the percentage difference from MSRP, and find a way to apply that formula to a used car/KBB value. You can definitely save at least a stack.

ok so my dude just got a 2010 max for 8 grand off the sticker price are you saying as an example to take that percentage difference and apply it to this car? Without doing the math i was gonna straight up offer them 24k is that to low you thinK?

ok so my dude just got a 2010 max for 8 grand off the sticker price are you saying as an example to take that percentage difference and apply it to this car? Without doing the math i was gonna straight up offer them 24k is that to low you thinK?

wow....$28k for an 09 max? either it must have barely any miles at all or the dealership is hoping you'll over pay for the car. they're asking for the KBB value of the car when its brand new. not worth it....forget it and look elsewhere. trust me on this...DO NOT fall in love with the car....youll get burned in the end...in this case overpaying by a lot. i know its certified pre-owned, but check other nissan dealerships....for that car for relatively low miles for that year...at most you should be paying lower to mid 20s. if for some reason youre stuck on this car and you really want it....only thing i can say is....whatever you end up paying for it...is gonna be way too much. if anything youll probably get it down to around 25k, which imo is still a bit expensive. on that note....look at another dealership or craigslist....craigslist will have a lot of steals to be had, you just gotta know what youre lookin for. good luck man.

wow....$28k for an 09 max? either it must have barely any miles at all or the dealership is hoping you'll over pay for the car. they're asking for the KBB value of the car when its brand new. not worth it....forget it and look elsewhere. trust me on this...DO NOT fall in love with the car....youll get burned in the end...in this case overpaying by a lot. i know its certified pre-owned, but check other nissan dealerships....for that car for relatively low miles for that year...at most you should be paying lower to mid 20s. if for some reason youre stuck on this car and you really want it....only thing i can say is....whatever you end up paying for it...is gonna be way too much. if anything youll probably get it down to around 25k, which imo is still a bit expensive. on that note....look at another dealership or craigslist....craigslist will have a lot of steals to be had, you just gotta know what youre lookin for. good luck man.

yea the car has 14k miles on it...I know what there asking is way to high especially since the 2011 are gonna hit the lot soon. I was stuck on the car tho because of the low miles and all the features...but I knew off top they was asking way to much. I just wanted to know how much would be a good offer since I was paying for the car straight up?

yea the car has 14k miles on it...I know what there asking is way to high especially since the 2011 are gonna hit the lot soon. I was stuck on the car tho because of the low miles and all the features...but I knew off top they was asking way to much. I just wanted to know how much would be a good offer since I was paying for the car straight up?

Yeah man, if there is ever a trait to not have at a dealership, it is "I love this car," or "I have to have this car." You need to be able to walk away and say @+%! you I'm not paying that price for this $*#%. I went to at least 4 dealerships until I knew I was paying as low as I could for the car I wanted. I only saved about 1.2k, but still, I saved 1.2k (bought brand new).

Yeah man, if there is ever a trait to not have at a dealership, it is "I love this car," or "I have to have this car." You need to be able to walk away and say @+%! you I'm not paying that price for this $*#%. I went to at least 4 dealerships until I knew I was paying as low as I could for the car I wanted. I only saved about 1.2k, but still, I saved 1.2k (bought brand new).

well if youre stuck on it....$24k aint too bad. even with 14k on the clock....if it were me, to be honest, id be somewhere else.

well if youre stuck on it....$24k aint too bad. even with 14k on the clock....if it were me, to be honest, id be somewhere else.

yea ive been looking...I cant even tell you how many cars we've considered and reconsidered and honestly its been back and fourth for months...want a low mileage car...cheap to repair which rules out beamers...I personally drive a LS430, and have had it forever but only Lexes i find have at least 30 40k miles and for some reason puts me off. Then I like the fact thats its certified, but is that truely a good deal? Is a certified car really worth any extra cost? What do u suggest supra, I havent copped yet so its never to late to look at something else. We've already looked at commanders, volvo xc90s, bmw 550i, the max and an is250. Looking under 30k got 25 cash to spend depending on the car would finance the rest but no more thatn 30

yea ive been looking...I cant even tell you how many cars we've considered and reconsidered and honestly its been back and fourth for months...want a low mileage car...cheap to repair which rules out beamers...I personally drive a LS430, and have had it forever but only Lexes i find have at least 30 40k miles and for some reason puts me off. Then I like the fact thats its certified, but is that truely a good deal? Is a certified car really worth any extra cost? What do u suggest supra, I havent copped yet so its never to late to look at something else. We've already looked at commanders, volvo xc90s, bmw 550i, the max and an is250. Looking under 30k got 25 cash to spend depending on the car would finance the rest but no more thatn 30

if you have 25k it opens up a ton of options. it really depends on what you want and what you need. you can easily cop a new car right off the lot....imo this generation maxima really isnt as good as the previous generations. for reliability with relatively cheap maintenance id suggest you stick with japanese or an american made car....believe it or not, the quality for american made cars has increased significantly over hte past few years....especially Ford. the only European brand thats relatively cheap, is VW....but then again German parts tend to always cost more than japanese made stuff. based on your choice of the Maxima, it seems as if you need a midsize-large sedan with plenty of room and some luxury....there's better value in other cars than the Maxima. you cant go wrong with the Camry (or the bigger Avalon) or the Accord or maybe the new Taurus. for 25k you can get a lot of good deals on 2010 models right off the lot. i can list a few here...if you want VW maybe the passat or the jetta both great cars, or a subaru...any of the models, maybe check out one of the new model buicks. test driving the car is super important...make sure all the dials are easy to read, and the car drives the way you want it to drive. just gotta do some research....check out edmunds.com if you want more options. trust me on this....youll get a better deal on a new car then a used car because with a used car the dealers buy them low or get them through trade ins real low and sell them at a high price....so when you think youre getting a good deal you really arent. with a new car, they dont make much of them thats why its easier to get better deals with a new car.

if you have 25k it opens up a ton of options. it really depends on what you want and what you need. you can easily cop a new car right off the lot....imo this generation maxima really isnt as good as the previous generations. for reliability with relatively cheap maintenance id suggest you stick with japanese or an american made car....believe it or not, the quality for american made cars has increased significantly over hte past few years....especially Ford. the only European brand thats relatively cheap, is VW....but then again German parts tend to always cost more than japanese made stuff. based on your choice of the Maxima, it seems as if you need a midsize-large sedan with plenty of room and some luxury....there's better value in other cars than the Maxima. you cant go wrong with the Camry (or the bigger Avalon) or the Accord or maybe the new Taurus. for 25k you can get a lot of good deals on 2010 models right off the lot. i can list a few here...if you want VW maybe the passat or the jetta both great cars, or a subaru...any of the models, maybe check out one of the new model buicks. test driving the car is super important...make sure all the dials are easy to read, and the car drives the way you want it to drive. just gotta do some research....check out edmunds.com if you want more options. trust me on this....youll get a better deal on a new car then a used car because with a used car the dealers buy them low or get them through trade ins real low and sell them at a high price....so when you think youre getting a good deal you really arent. with a new car, they dont make much of them thats why its easier to get better deals with a new car.

Don't get her a bmw man
laugh.gif

Good looking Supra... The camry and accord just dont do it for me tho so we ruled it out...we were gonna get her a ridgeline, but then she all of the sudden didnt like them... We are still going to test drive the lacrosse and even tho I wanted the taurus she ruled that out. Which is why the maxima ended up being our top choice...it seemed to have everything that both of us like...style, fun to drive, technology and the works. I also want to look at the CC, but it hasnt gotten a great review. I dont know much about VW, but i always assumed it to be a nice car... we are going to a couple more dealers this week so we will see. But great info I really appreciate it!

Good looking Supra... The camry and accord just dont do it for me tho so we ruled it out...we were gonna get her a ridgeline, but then she all of the sudden didnt like them... We are still going to test drive the lacrosse and even tho I wanted the taurus she ruled that out. Which is why the maxima ended up being our top choice...it seemed to have everything that both of us like...style, fun to drive, technology and the works. I also want to look at the CC, but it hasnt gotten a great review. I dont know much about VW, but i always assumed it to be a nice car... we are going to a couple more dealers this week so we will see. But great info I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom