Need help w/ iphone

Ok, im trying to find out what the firmware on my phone is before I go any further but when I turn it on, I get this screen with the usb cord telling me toplug into the comp and go to itunes. Thing is, when I do that nothing happens. Also the phone has this "lock" icon at the top middle of the screen.Anyone know how I can get around this?
grin.gif

settings..general..about..it will be on that screen

Edit: oh your phone is not even activated yet?

activate your phone with the code that your service gave you...

it is not going to work just out outta the box buddy lol..

Dude it is so easy a caveman could do it...

Connect the iphone, you shall see the iphone on itunes-- click on it -- intro to the iphone activation (activation key is on the recepit they gave you, youhave to enter it) press enter --- select customer type -- transfer/create your number -- select plan-- sign for apple Id- Confirm personal Info--agree toterms--Activation complete partner...

i have an iphone question.

so i uploaded new wallpapers onto my phone. is there any way i can remove the time/date bar on the "Slide To Unlock" screen on top? i put a pic ofjessica alba, but this time/date bar is blocking her face...

Originally Posted by SWiFT Yons

Connect the iphone, you shall see the iphone on itunes-- click on it -- intro to the iphone activation (activation key is on the recepit they gave you, you have to enter it) press enter --- select customer type -- transfer/create your number -- select plan-- sign for apple Id- Confirm personal Info--agree to terms--Activation complete partner...
smh.gif
I connected it to my pc and NOTHING happened. I opened iTunesand STILL NOTHING.
Also, on the receipt I got from when I went to the apple store doesn't 'indicate' whether _____ is the activation key or not. I see several #s onthe receipt such as "Part number", "Serial number", "DCA License", etc...

oh your firmware is most likely 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 since it is new meaning it is kinda impossible to unlock the phone in order to use it with a different servicebut you should be able to jailbreak it in no time..

I got tired of the PC and tried it on my laptop. It opened w/ iTunes. So im at that screen where it asks you to activate, register etc.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Connect the iphone, you shall see the iphone on itunes-- click on it -- intro to the iphone activation (activation key is on the recepit they gave you, you have to enter it) press enter --- select customer type -- transfer/create your number -- select plan-- sign for apple Id- Confirm personal Info--agree to terms--Activation complete partner...
smh.gif
I connected it to my pc and NOTHING happened. I opened iTunes and STILL NOTHING.
Also, on the receipt I got from when I went to the apple store doesn't 'indicate' whether _____ is the activation key or not. I see several #s on the receipt such as "Part number", "Serial number", "DCA License", etc...
1st try changing the usb where you connected it to to a different one. 2nd - if the 1st one don't work re-start your computer with your iphoneconnected. 3rd- if 2nd don't work -trying installing itunes 7.5 from apple 4th- it should work-- lol

I got tired of the PC and tried it on my laptop. It opened w/ iTunes. So im at that screen where it asks you to activate, register etc.
look buddy lol-- the activation key (number) is on your recepit - it is on top it is like a 9 numbers You enter that number When asked-- justfollow the simple procedures, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

i dont mean to be a headcase, but this is difficult. I made it to the page where it asks me to choose my service plan but i dont wanna switch to at&t.

ok i think i know what the problem is here. its simple. what you wanna do is take your phone, get in your car/bike/whatever the hell it is you roll in, driveto your nearest at&t store, return it and switch over to verizon
hope that helps
wink.gif

^^they At&t and t-mobile -aren't tmobile and At&t the same service?
indifferent.gif
no. to the OP: you need to downgrade the firmware to 1.1.1 (this process is a @$+#+) because it is most likely at 1.1.2 right now which i'mpretty sure cannot be unlocked for t-mobile. once its 1.1.1 you can use anysim (google it) to unlock for any gsm service like t-mobile. probably should havedone a bit more research before buying.

i wanted to get rid of my sk badly so I thought getting this and using tmobile would be great after hearing how much better it is.
anyway, how can I downgrade when i cant activate it because I dont have at&t

I have tmobile btw

You know you can't use the iPhone on T Mobile right? Its an AT&T exclusive phone. So unless you can unlock it, and since you cant even get to theactivation screen I doubt you can handle the very technical and complex way to unlock 1.1.2, you are SOL.

no. and no. thats why i came here, this is giving me a headache.
head over to howardforums. you should be able to get enough information over there. but i read what it takes to unlock and i got confused, good luckdont brick it.

Back
Top Bottom