Need Input on the Best Streaming Movie Service (ie. Netflix/Blockbuster, etc...)

Long story short, my external HD died on me. I stored HD rips of a bunch of movies ranging from 4-8GB each. I have all the films backed up and "packed" on hundreds of DVD's but no way in hell I'm buying a new HD and rebuilding the collection.
Anyways, it seems like streaming media is taking off, and I may as well join the wave.

Main questions:

1. Do any services provide streaming HD (720p is ok)?

2. Monthly cost?

3. Widest collection of HD?

Long story short, my external HD died on me. I stored HD rips of a bunch of movies ranging from 4-8GB each. I have all the films backed up and "packed" on hundreds of DVD's but no way in hell I'm buying a new HD and rebuilding the collection.
Anyways, it seems like streaming media is taking off, and I may as well join the wave.

Main questions:

1. Do any services provide streaming HD (720p is ok)?

2. Monthly cost?

3. Widest collection of HD?

Amazon-Prime-Instant-Comp-Chart.png

what on netflix is 1080p? i doubt it. not even 720p for netflix right?

Originally Posted by bamez

there is 1080p (and HD content with 5.1audio) on  but being that it's streamed...it's compressed to hell. Nothing the normal person would really notice but still. As for the best right now, Netflix all around is better. There isn't really a good service for NEW content at a flat-rate yet; with Netflix you're gonna find yourself shifting through a bunch of bull
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif

Originally Posted by bamez

there is 1080p (and HD content with 5.1audio) on  but being that it's streamed...it's compressed to hell. Nothing the normal person would really notice but still. As for the best right now, Netflix all around is better. There isn't really a good service for NEW content at a flat-rate yet; with Netflix you're gonna find yourself shifting through a bunch of bull
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif

Back
Top Bottom