Need New Brake Pads

I have a 2007 Nissan Maxima and I need new front and back brakes...

What are the best brand of brake pads to get???

Any help is greatly appreciated...

if you bring it to the shop and your brake pads are metal to metal, look at paying 500 bucks. I let me brakes dwindle to the point that it was metal to metal and it cost me that much. %%%# i did it twice and you would think i would learn from the first time.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Why not just get OEM replacements?

I don't know much about it... That's why I was asking... I got this dude at a dealership thats going to put them on for me but I didn't know which ones to get....

Any idea of a place to cop at a good price???

Originally Posted by spincv

if you bring it to the shop and your brake pads are metal to metal, look at paying 500 bucks. I let me brakes dwindle to the point that it was metal to metal and it cost me that much. %%%# i did it twice and you would think i would learn from the first time.

Yeah I know. Mine aren't to that point yet. Dude at the dealership was changing my oil and he told me I need new brakes. He said he would put them on for $40 if I buy the pads.

I just purchased hawk pads for mine after a lot of researching the same thing youre going through

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Don't go to the dealer

Find yourself a good ol' school independent shop

The dude thats doin it works at a dealer... But he does side work on saturdays at the dealership... I went last weekend and he changed my oil there for $10... That's why I'm just going to scoop the brake pads myself and let him do it...

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Don't go to the dealer

Find yourself a good ol' school independent shop

Yessir. I found a lil' joint last year and got some ceramics on the cheap.
smile.gif

jack+wrench set+brake pads = $75
I change my own brakes, you should too. Its not that hard

Back
Top Bottom