Need Public Opinion! BMW X3 35i VS. Range Rover Evoque!!!!

my families car was totaled (2010 subi outback) and now looking into getting into something better

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

specs-around $44k, 300hp/300tq 0-60 5.5. 4 years free maintenance/warranty. 

2012-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-5-door-Picture.jpg

Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-Interior-2011.jpg

2012-land-rover-range-rover-evoque-rear.jpg

specs around $45k 240hp 0-60 6.7.....looks sexy.

WHICH WOULD YOU PICK!? test driving both tomorrow!

If u could combine the interior of the RR w/ the exterior of the BMW, you'd have one nice whip! Tough call....

*Check out the Audi Q5

It really depends....

Is it for you? Or your lady?

I would say the Range, but then I'd feel weird everytime someone drives past me in a RR Sport or the bigger RR, same with the X3 and X5 scenario.

I haven't seen any reviews on the X3, but I read & watched the reviews on the Evoque, and they all seem pretty high...

Hit the Evoque and make sure you have a really nice motorplan/warranty

new x3 looks way better than previous gen. and that range.

but the q5 is the best bang for the buck imo. under 40k otd. specs are impressive.

I will NEVER buy an audi. Sorry.

211hp is garbage. Makes no sense. Starts at $43k for the 3.2 and $50k for the led lights. 270hp 0-60 6.7 nah man base x3 does the same time and cost 6 grand less. no maintenance, no 4 year warranty. xdrive>quattro. i dont see how the q5 is ANYWAY better then the x3. and i think the x3 looks better.

i heard ranges can be quite a problem but still a great looking car. maybe even opt for the extended warranty. Ill let you guys know how i felt about the test drive tomorrow!

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

I will NEVER buy an audi. Sorry.

211hp is garbage. Makes no sense. Starts at $43k for the 3.2 and $50k for the led lights. 270hp 0-60 6.7 nah man base x3 does the same time and cost 6 grand less. no maintenance, no 4 year warranty. xdrive>quattro. i dont see how the q5 is ANYWAY better then the x3. and i think the x3 looks better.

i heard ranges can be quite a problem but still a great looking car. maybe even opt for the extended warranty. Ill let you guys know how i felt about the test drive tomorrow!

You just solved your own problem, why would you by a car that you know has a history of maintenance problems. Extended warranty or not do you really want to be in out of service centers on a regular basis? One of my good friends owns a mechanic shop specializing in imports and his advice to me was NEVER buy a range. IMO Aesthetically the range takes it though, x3 doesn't cut it.

so he's not willing to buy a car that is under powered.

but he's okay with a car that has maintenance problems.

hm

I'm a huge BMW fan, and they did a really great job updating the X3. I have the X5 35i, and that turbo engine is awesome. Very fast for a V6 SUV and great on gas!

Love the look of the Range, but their reliability precedes them. My buddy had an 2007 that he bought with 6k miles, and by 15k it was always in the shop. The newer ones seem to have pretty bad electrical problems.

My Dad, however, has a 2003 Range Rover HSE that's on it's last legs at 105k miles. That era was when they were actually reliable, it only recently started giving us problems.

Cliffnotes: Get the X3

CWrite78 wrote:

so he's not willing to buy a car that is under powered.

but he's okay with a car that has maintenance problems.

hm
It just came out, so how would anyone know it has maintenance problems? The evoque doesn't even share a range rover chassis, actually its close to a ford edge. I also have several friends with ranges (range and range sports) and had no problems! I only have read they have problems online.  

I drive a 335i.  I know what an unreliable car is...but idc it still great in every way!
I also heard the range was small. I havent seen one in person other than the autoshow. I hope it doesnt disappoint!

Originally Posted by djuzi05

I'm a huge BMW fan, and they did a really great job updating the X3. I have the X5 35i, and that turbo engine is awesome. Very fast for a V6 SUV and great on gas!

Love the look of the Range, but their reliability precedes them. My buddy had an 2007 that he bought with 6k miles, and by 15k it was always in the shop. The newer ones seem to have pretty bad electrical problems.

My Dad, however, has a 2003 Range Rover HSE that's on it's last legs at 105k miles. That era was when they were actually reliable, it only recently started giving us problems.

Cliffnotes: Get the X3
Thanks man! only wish we can afford a x5! haha 

the x3 is really hard to beat. in terms of performance, price, warranty. Those new LED angel eyes are dreamy

btw, i'd go for the x3. i saw one today actually, and it's looking WAY better than the old gen

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

What about the GL?
The GL is bigger than both of them combined. Do you mean the GLK? If so, the GLK is garbage. 

what this man said. GL is nice, but again too expensive. not a huge fan of the glk. but not a bad price.

I really like the look of the X3. The lines on the side really improve its originally boxy look. Interior is disappointing though.

My mother was looking at that Range but she said it's too small...So she got the 2012 Mercedes ML 350 4matic...Nice truck..Should check it out

2012-mercedes-benz-ML-350-4MATIC-front-three-quarter-static.jpg

Back
Top Bottom