Nelson Cruz breaking out appreciation.

Nelson Cruz is finally living up to expectation and he might be the best offensive OF this year. 17 Hr's 42 Rbi's 37 Runs 10 SB .288 BA that is a sickstatline so far. I only hope this stud is an all-star this year.
pimp.gif

31684js.jpg

He broke out last year......
Dude he played 31 games last year. Sure he hit 7 hr's and 26 rbis but come on... this is his first full season so i consider this season hisbreakout year.

Beast...
pimp.gif

Get Hamilton back and put him in a corner so he stays healthier, and this team is comin... Nelly and Elvis have been HUGE this year...

Need Frankie Francisco back healthy, and maybe add another bullpen arm, and we'll be good to go... Especially if Saltalamacchia and Davis ever startputting wood on the ball...

the batting average is too high hes probably a .260ish hitter plus hes not gonna be a base stealer his whole career

that said, i really like him and happy to see him finally breaking out. a legit middle of the order guy

When will Chris Davis break out.
eyes.gif

In fact I blame you Nowitness for making think I should draft this bum.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah, CD is struggling... He's been better lately though, in terms of seeing pitches and actually having good ABs.. He's always gonna strike outmore than you'd like, but I think it's more in his head than anything right now, and he's not nearly as bad as his current line indicates...

Davis has struck out at least once in 50 of the 57 games he's played in this season.

His longest "streak" is 21 games.

He has 26 multi-strikeout games, and 3 or more strikeouts in 11 of those.

He's on pace to break Mark Reynolds' single season strikeout record by almost 40.

laugh.gif

Dude has no brains, he swing at everything, the Blue Jays Casey Janessen who has absolutely no out pitch struck him out like 3 times.
laugh.gif

Dude is going to be Joe Carter 2.0...
smh.gif

He is NICE with the glove though.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Davis has struck out at least once in 50 of the 57 games he's played in this season.

His longest "streak" is 21 games.

He has 26 multi-strikeout games, and 3 or more strikeouts in 11 of those.

He's on pace to break Mark Reynolds' single season strikeout record by almost 40.

laugh.gif

Nah, Mark Reynolds is gaining ground quickly. He's not gonna let that record go without a fight.

He struck out 46 times is May
eek.gif
...and already has 17 Ks in 10 games thismonth.
eek.gif

Reynolds (87 Ks) is only trailing Chris Davis by 1 K. Davis has been sitting more due to his horrific .262 OBP, so Reynolds will almost surely pass him andrepeat as strikeout champ. Probably set a new record, too.

Also, there are rumors that if the Rangers stay in contention and Davis continues to struggle, they'll send him down to the minors and call up JustinSmoak.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Also, there are rumors that if the Rangers stay in contention and Davis continues to struggle, they'll send him down to the minors and call up Justin Smoak.
eek.gif
Nah, I'd be surprised if Smoak got more than a September cup of coffee...

They've been talking about giving Davis a stint in the minors though, but rumor is they wanna keep him in Frisco, rather than Oklahoma City, so that he canwork out with Rudy and the big league team and just drive to Frisco in the evenings for games... That way he can still live at home and everything...

But even if they go that route, they'll probably just go with Blalock and Jones at 1B/DH for the two weeks or whatever...

I'd imagine when they finally get a stretch that matches up home stands for Frisco and the big club, they'll give Davis a DL trip with a rehabassignment...

Back
Top Bottom