Netbook updated with pics =D

Acer, they rated surprisingly well against the other brands. But get the 10.2 inch one, Wal Mart even carries an 11.5 inch now too. I have an Asus 1000HA. Iwold sell it for 300$ shipped. I say stay away from them unless yo get some kind of extended warranty

Netbooks are cool. I want one but I know I would never use it considering I already have a laptop.
laugh.gif

they are all the same to me but if u must have 1 i guess ill go with a lenovo

they have one listed in slickdeals right now

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Samsung.

my sammy is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
it's battery is ridiculous. but it's on the heavier side compared to most 10" netbooks. i've had an MSI wind also,which was awesome. a lot lighter (but it had a 3cell battery unlike my samsung that has a 6 cell)

i've read that levono's s10 get extremely hot. OP, get yourself a dell mini 9 and hackintosh it

Asus EEE PC 1008HA "seashell". joints are like mini macbook airs..
LED screen, wireless N, Bluetooth for around $400ish..

asus_eee_pc_1008HA_seashell.jpg

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Netbooks are cool. I want one but I know I would never use it considering I already have a laptop.
laugh.gif
I thought so too, but then again my 17 inch Dell weighs about 40lbs, this weighs 2.

Plus what I do with mine is, I hide it from plain view at work when I'm on it. I open the 2nd from the top drawer at my desk just enough to sit in therewith the screen open, got a wireless mouse (and use the onscreen keyboard if I really want to be discrete) and I just %**!!*+$ around on the internet most ofthe day.

It's not even like I'm not allowed to do that because I am, but it just brings way more attention to the fact I don't do +!*! much of the day whenI have a gigantore laptop on my desk in front of my real computer.

Plus ot the 6 cell battery so I don't even bring the power cable with me most of the time, 6-7 hrs easily from that.

Walmart.com has free shipping and a huge assortment of options OP. Just stay away from anything with an SSD. IMO, they aren't worth it for the small amountof memory you get. You can get decent specs- 10 inch screen, 1gb ram, 160gb hd, 3usb ports, wifi/ethernet, 6 cell, and XP all for about 300$ and up

Buy yourself a bag, then add 60 more $ and cop one of these, usb powered (no power cable needed) CD/DVD DL writers
samsungaa74712externaldrive-thumb.jpg

if i cop a netbook and an external could i use it just like a normal laptop? i really need to buy a new laptop fast.

I got one off of a fellow Nter and LOVE IT!!! Its so easy for travel and quick search, its a ipod and then some. I see these picking up steamwithin the nextyear.

dugtrio wrote:

if i cop a netbook and an external could i use it just like a normal laptop? i really need to buy a new laptop fast.

Yea, it is a normal laptop. What do you need an external for though?

i'm thinking of picking one of these up near the end of the summer cuz my lappy is kinda crappy.

for music mostly. don't they only have like an 8gb hd? i am going to do some research now...

pimp.gif
oh damn, for some reason i was thinking of them as like a big ipod touch or something. looks like i am getting a netbook. 1gb of ram running windows xp and 160gb hard drive is more than i need.

Originally Posted by dugtrio

you'll only need an external HDD if the NB has a SSD (
pimp.gif
).. most NBsuse HDDs anyway..
you'll probably need an external optical drive if you wanna burn dvds, cds..

i was thinking of getting a netbook. i have a apple laptop that i dont even use

How durable is that Asus 1008HA to dude who posted it earlier?

I'm going to fight tooth and nail to send my 1000HA back probably and would consider it, but it just looks like it'd break easily. I'm kind ofrough and tumble with mine, I keep it with me all the time so I'm always kind of throwing it in the back of the car or under the seat or something

Back
Top Bottom