netbooks...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

thinking of getting the new 11inch air how does the size compare to these...havent got to see one in person yet

air isnt a netbook.

OP Costco/Best Buy ...HP for 280-300

laugh.gif
actually the new Air IS just a glorified $1,000 netbook
Disagreed, from a hardware perspective this isn't a netbook.
Netbook to me is a low power Intel Atom processor, 1GB of RAM, regular HDD, integrated graphics and XP/linux.

Air has a Core2Duo, dedicated graphics, SSD only (the fastest booting notebook on the market.)

I own an Acer Aspire one I won in a contest, threw an extra GB of RAM, OCZ Vertex SSD and Windows 7 Professional and it was set

as a web browsing, word processing mobile machine that happens to get 8 hours battery.

I have an Asus that I use for light surfing and writing and it gets the job done. Had a little screen problem few months back, but they fixed it for free.

I have an Asus that I use for light surfing and writing and it gets the job done. Had a little screen problem few months back, but they fixed it for free.

like dude said. samsung or toshiba. get the one with win 7 on it. load unbuntu-its free.

like dude said. samsung or toshiba. get the one with win 7 on it. load unbuntu-its free.

The MSI Wind I heard was very good, some netbooks you can load Mac OS X on them if you like that.

Me personally, I like the HP ones, the 11" 311s are pretty cool.

The MSI Wind I heard was very good, some netbooks you can load Mac OS X on them if you like that.

Me personally, I like the HP ones, the 11" 311s are pretty cool.

Black Friday will most likely be filled with great deals on Netbook, that's when I am planning on getting one for myself so it wouldn't hurt to wait.

Black Friday will most likely be filled with great deals on Netbook, that's when I am planning on getting one for myself so it wouldn't hurt to wait.

get a asus netbook their performance is great and they have the best battery life of all the netbook brands.

get a asus netbook their performance is great and they have the best battery life of all the netbook brands.

Do any of them come with win 7?

Can u hop on the web on one as long as there is wifi available?

How would 1 go about watchin movies on 1?
I kno they don't have drives, but what's the best way to upload a movie on to one?

I kno they don't have drives, but what's the best way to upload a movie on to one?

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

laugh.gif

All of them have windows 7 (most have the starter version which is every basic, some have home premium)
All of them have Wifi (usually B/G, sometimes N) so yes you can hop on the web with wifi around
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
idk who told you they dont have hard drives, but they do(usually from 160-320GBs). Getting movies might be a pain since practically non of them have dvd drives but you can just rip a dvd from your desktop and transfer it you you netbook

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

laugh.gif

All of them have windows 7 (most have the starter version which is every basic, some have home premium)
All of them have Wifi (usually B/G, sometimes N) so yes you can hop on the web with wifi around
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
idk who told you they dont have hard drives, but they do(usually from 160-320GBs). Getting movies might be a pain since practically non of them have dvd drives but you can just rip a dvd from your desktop and transfer it you you netbook

i have a gateway that was for free that i brought along for my vacation

yeah, DONT buy a gateway

i have a gateway that was for free that i brought along for my vacation

yeah, DONT buy a gateway

Back
Top Bottom