Never Change is Jay-Z's greatest song ever.

A Week Ago>Never Change

And if we want to talk about Jay getting outdone on a track, Sigel got him on Where Have You Been.

Last edited:
A Week Ago>Never Change

And if we want to talk about Jay getting outdone on a track, Sigel got him on Where Have You Been.
I disagree with this, but this was a great verse from Beans, the closest he got.
^ Sigel got him multiple times
Where and when was this?

What We Do? Nope

Gutted? Nope

Its On? Nope

More Money, More Cash, More Cash, More Ho's? Nope

Do it Again? Nope

I doubt this is every track they've done together I was just going off the top of my head.

Last edited:
D'Evils is the best there is, the best there was and the best that ever will be. Word to Bret Hart.
these cats don't know man! One of the craziest hip hop songs ever...

BLUEPRINT AT 10: PUSHA T BREAKS DOWN HOV'S WHITE LINES IN 'NEVER CHANGE'
Posted September 12, 2011
The G.O.O.D. Music heavyweight chimes on Jay-Z's coke rap candor

VIBE: On “Never Change,” Jay-Z speaks about retaining the hustler's spirit in spite of his music success. Is it easy to let go of that mentality after you've made it in?
Pusha T: In all honesty, that whole hustler mentality is addicting on both ends of the spectrum. Of course for the user, but for the seller as well. There's a rush, man. In the music game, you have to keep that hustle so you can stay on top. That's what made him have to own the summer each year.

Jay-Z shocked some on that record when he rapped “I lost 92 bricks, had to fall back."
That may be something Jay taught me: You can't always be the superhero. A rapper who's not intuitive probably would have said, “I sold 92 bricks in three hours and blew it on 50,000 *******.” But things do happen in a ****** up way sometimes [and] you lose drugs and money. More artists need to realize that the truth makes for amazing music.

Ty Ty actually said that it violated the code of the streets by going into such detail. Do you think he crossed any lines by going into the specifics?
I can't really tell you whether he crossed the line or not. I don't know what was so incriminating that he hasn't been saying his whole career. This is Blueprint Jay-Z, not Reasonable Doubt Jay—he's far removed. I don't think he was endangering anyone with what he was saying. People really need to appreciate the artistry and his attention to detail, giving you that type of material that so many people can relate to who are in a worse position.

Could Hov have really made that money back “from the first to the fifth”?
It happens a whole hell of a lot. But when you're at a level of seeing 92 bricks, you're not dealing with Johnny up the street—this is probably something that crosses country or national boundaries. The person giving you that is probably sitting back looking at 1,000 bricks or more. So it's a big deal, but you could come back.

Have you had any experiences like that?
Aw, man. I speak very poignantly through my music; people hear my ups and downs, all the time. I've had my share of pitfalls. That's all I can say. —Steven Horowitz

Now with that saying, TY TY says jay said too much on the song. Pusha T a rapper whose manager got caught up with way more bricks then jay, says its possible. Jay said he bought more crack, not coke which is cheaper to buy cook up then fish scale. 92 bricks which i believe he was referring to as pounds of crack in the 80's is cheaper in 1980-1996, then in 2000-2013. The claim is big to some of you because you imagine jay losing a scarface table worth of powder, but that's not what he was saying. He lost alot of crack, maybe to a stick up man or the by mishap of one of his workers. Had credit to buy back what he owed and to pay back the second reup in 5 days. Which is the amazing part to me because usually connects give you 7 days and when you already in the red for the stolen 92 to pay back that 92 plus the addition 92 and the 60 or 70 to break even. Its not that hard to do, but it is hard to do in 5 days. LMAO @ someone bring up ross, he has some crazy drug claims but i dont even think fam would claim something like this.

Last edited:
Stans gonna stan. Son putting Deuce King to shame.

You just gotta read what is said and
mean.gif
Pretty much. I tried to talk sensibly to dudes but the Jay worship is apparently just too strong to overcome for some...
Oh yes, the Differing opinion=stanning response. Surprise surprise. I really cant do much else, but state my opinion which I have done and leave it at that, but this tired reply does nothing to help your arguments.

It cant be hard to accept that someone may actually carry these schools of thought can it?

You just gotta read what is said and :smh:

Pretty much. I tried to talk sensibly to dudes but the Jay worship is apparently just too strong to overcome for some...

Oh yes, the Differing opinion=stanning response. Surprise surprise. I really cant do much else, but state my opinion which I have done and leave it at that, but this tired reply does nothing to help your arguments.

It cant be hard to accept that someone may actually carry these schools of thought can it?
Hey man you can have your opinion, disagreeing is fine but you being a stan is also the truth. Just embrace it, you already carry it so well.

Last edited:

mean.gif
Dudes in here STILL trying to dispute that claim from Jay about the 92 bricks, SMH.  Ghostface on Supreme Clientele already told you dudes in advance that the story was legit. 

Dudes in here STILL trying to dispute that claim from Jay about the 92 bricks, SMH.  Ghostface on Supreme Clientele already told you dudes in advance that the story was legit. 

Explain lol. I've listened to SC hundreds of times and never caught anything like that.

Explain lol. I've listened to SC hundreds of times and never caught anything like that.
Off hand I forgot the name of the track, but on Supreme Clientele Ghostface says a line like "the kid up in Marcy that lost 92 bricks" or something like that.  Cake and a few others that know that album like the back of their hand can better assist with that, probably ninjahood as well.  I'll probably listen to the album sometime today and try to find the track for you. 

mean.gif
LIES. JAY-Z couldnt do it, yet its plausible that someone here knows people that did it. Didnt you know, the rules of logic dont apply when speaking about others. People over there did it, but JAY couldnt just cause.

:lol: I wasn't even referencing the 92 brick nonsense yall want to argue about almost 2 decades after it allegedly happen. He's either a liar or a dumb *** for losing that much weight. It's not some feat to be highly regarded or held as important.

Obviously there's gonna be ppl that believe their favorite rapper never told a lie in their rhymes even if proven otherwise. **** don't really matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom