Never drinking soda again....

Don't worry there's a bunch of other stuff that's killing you that you don't or don't know about that you can and can't control. Besides that you're dying slowly everyday anyway.

Plus losing weight aint all what it's cracked up to be. Live your life the way you want and be happy before you die.

cut out soda all of 2012, tried drinking a canned coke the other day and just couldnt do it.

way too sweet; makes your teeth feel all slippery.

i cut out fast food i guess you could say. haven't had that mess in hmmm like a year at least.

I used to be fat in high school and decided to lose weight. I was drinking 3-4 cans of soda a day when i was at my heaviest, mostly coke. If you read the nutrition facts on a can its about 39 grams of sugar. One teaspoon of sugar is about 4-5 grams, comes out to about 38-40 teaspoons of sugar a day. Just think about eating that much sugar, basically what i did by drinking all that coke. I cut the sodas out completely, watched my diet, cut out fast food, exercised and i'm now 100 pounds lighter than i was compared to my senior year of high school. Went from 245 to 145 pounds. Exercising and staying active is a huge part of my life now, i'm in amazing shape and have no plans of going back to my old lifestyle.

For those of you in this thread that are overweight maybe my short story will help you cut the sodas out completely. Basically drinking nothing but sugar.

Came in here expecting you found a rat tail in your soda can 
laugh.gif

Did you just realize soda is bad for you?

Everyone else has known it for decades 
ohwell.gif

Congratulations. I stopped drinking it a long time ago. Water is my go to, but I've recently semi developed a habbit of drinking juice and sports drinks, which is just as bad.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by SnowboardingPanda

I stick to diet because I enjoy the taste. I've read that it still promotes weight gain though.
yeah, if it tastes sweet it still causes your insulin to spike.  when your insulin spikes, you eat.  so it's like an indirect weight gain.  i'd rather drink the full throttle real deal cane sugar natual soda than the diet stuff all day.  at least my body knows what to make of it.
I'm sorry but I call this BS. I lost 120lbs while drinking diet soda almost every week. When it comes down to it Calories in>Calories out when it comes to losing weight. I'm living proof!

I stick to water 95% of my time. I have limited myself to 1 soda a week. I'm not scared to gain weight but those sugar levels frighten me.

SmartWater Does my body good... I have a soda every now and then...it's a really hard habit to break...

Team Water!

I have soda MAYBE once every two months. 

It's not even that I'm trying to avoid soda, I enjoy water a lot more now then when I was a little kid.

I switched to coconut water. nature's gatorade. check out c02 coconut water, they use coconuts from Thailand, very delicious and good for you.

Have not had a soda since thanksgiving, I was ADDICTED to MT. Dew.  I am talking about several a day.  I have went from to 220 to 175 pounds.  That is also including no more fast food as well.  Only water, juice, milk, and gatorade for me now. I look at somebody drinking MT. Dew the other day a got sick to my stomach.  I really do not see myself drinking another for a while if again. 8 cups of water a day is WAY better than any soda.

Yeah I cut out the soda too... I was a Pepsi fiend.

It's been months and probably the only time I'd drink soda would be if it's mixed in with alcohol.

2 to 3 a day is pretty bad though.

A few years ago I found I was drinking a bit much - 1 most days, sometimes 2 - so I cut back. I usually only have it now on special occasions and it is much more enjoyable.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

them dr peppers be callin' meeeee

we need a no soda thread instead of no fap months

That's actually a good idea?

No soda September?

Originally Posted by KMante

Team Water!

I have soda MAYBE once every two months. 

It's not even that I'm trying to avoid soda, I enjoy water a lot more now then when I was a little kid.

This. Now that I'm older I even sometimes have water with my meals, as opposed to a sugary fruit juice. 

Well, if you were drinking 3 sodas everyday and stopped then i'm not surprised that you dropped all that weight.  That's a lot of sugar.
Some company needs to make a carbonated fruit drink that tastes as good as soda does.  I love soda but I stay away from it now.

I've always said this to my friends. Its so pointless to drink a soda or any drink full of sugar. The amount of calories that are in ONE soda is more than full meals. Its just a waste of your daily intake if you care about staying in shape and keeping your body on point. This is also one of the reasons I gave up alcohol.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Congratulations. I stopped drinking it a long time ago. Water is my go to, but I've recently semi developed a habbit of drinking juice and sports drinks, which is just as bad.

30t6p3b.gif
all of this. especially that.

Back
Top Bottom