New Air Structure Pics (without rain camo)

Originally Posted by Parallel Plane

Got mine last weekend. I normally wear a size 13 and had to go down to a 12. That pointy toe makes them run a little big. They're very comfy and it seemed like everyone and their grandma was asking me what they were (people not into kicks).

thats very good news.. a US rebirth of runners? i hope so.

its funny how some people think nike doesnt retro these older colorways RIGHT because the colors are too bright, like the infrared accents on these, but yetyou have stuff like the highlighter pack out there that gets sold in urban retailer stores.

Changing that mindset is key. once thats done, we should have a resurrection of all these orginial "crazy" colorways. but for now, nike seems tothink: wacky new age colorways > crazy originial concept colors. as if they are somehow out of touch.

To add to what Parallel Plane said, I noticed people checking my shoes out last night as well
laugh.gif

The color blocking is perfect on these, imo. It is loud but not gaudy. Nike may be trying to experiment with OG colorways on other shoes in the future (the hotlava AM95s NTinfomaniac posted months ago for instance) and I hope they can do things right without creating a bunch of direct-to-outlet garbage (i.e. almostevery release of the Air Stab retro)

not to get sidetracked but to make a point. colors are key. yet in the real world they would rather spend alittle less and instead get something that is closeenough while saving time and money. but with this release, it seems the trend is changing. if this release is a hit, maybe theyll look into the reasons WHY itwas so.

heres a great example:
000_0264.jpg

vs.
81381_600.jpg
three or 4 shades brighter and youve gone from boring pink to@%#@ is thatshoe youre wearing.

Heres the 2005 retro version that WAS released vs. what easily couldve and shouldve been:
11ihjyp.gif

nike seems to think fluroescent died in the 90s relative only to the originial shoe. yet they will have a bright pink dunk in that same color. for some reason,the 180s are forbidden to have that true style come out.

Sup_

The Bay Area sucks.

Sold out EVERYWHERE! Didn't even last 1 day.
frown.gif

Peace.

Copped mine yesterday for retail...got the last pair in the store. Luckily they do run big or else I would have been screwed!

a spot I know of is getting a FSR thursday, but then more of them in march and april?

also, what's the legit answer to the following question?

QS, Tier 1, or Indie?

Because I work(ed) at a spot where our rep. brought in the actual sample a few months ago, and we were SUPPOSED to get them, but the shop was sold to newowners, some orders got held up, etc... so I'm not even sure if we're still getting these joints, which would piss me off.

But if anyone can shed any light. please do.

I know this keeps getting posted but the answer seems to vary... Are these a 1/2 size big or a full size big? Do they fit like the mesh toed Stabs? I'mabout the buy a few pairs via the net and want to make sure I get the right size since i can not try them on... Thank you...

It's a half size bigger (meant to say half but said full, my mistake) because there is more space in the ankle as a result of the laces not running all theway up. The mesh feels flimsier and lighter than that on the Stabs but it should feel more breathable in warmer weather. The pre-creasing is not a factorbecause the creases will look like they vanish once you walk around in the shoes.

I wear a 10.5 to 11 and I went with a 10.5 and it feels just right except the little bit of space in the heel, but it's tolerable (it's not like myfeet are swimming in these as if I were rocking a sz 12).

Originally Posted by doyung9

a spot I know of is getting a FSR thursday, but then more of them in march and april?

also, what's the legit answer to the following question?

QS, Tier 1, or Indie?
I'm not sure, but maybe you could use some deductive reasoning & draw that conclusion based on what type of account the spot that you knowthat's getting them has.

I'm glad people are starting to pick these up. Nike at least to me made up for the OG Air Max Lights that we never got. I can't wait to get my pair inthe mail..

Originally Posted by Ferrari6888

thanks for the heads up on PR. u took my sz 11 tho!!! i had to take a 10. and they sold out FAST!
Ha for real man? I figured they would go the way of most runners and be majorly slept on there. I had to ask where to get them in the regional forumand I wasn't even expecting puffer reds to get them in. If I was the owner I wouldn't order them seeing the way the stabs/am's typically go there.

But glad you got a pair that fits, and that other people in the area are up on these... I wouldn't be suprised though if Burn Rubber/Footprints gets themin in the next few weeks. There is a rumor of a restock in feb. apparently.

As soon as I touched the toe box, I put them down and walked away. It felt so thin and cheaply made. As if you walked real hard in theputting pressure towardthe front of the shoe, my toe would rip through the material in about a month or so.

I only saw them in 1 spot so far and they were for $100. Don't know the retail price on them, but I was guessing $100 was a bumped up price. I may considerbuying them if I can get them for less, but to pay retail for these cheaply made sneakers, no way. I'd rather save my money for some real kicks.

^ sorry man.. that is the feel of a classic Nike runner. Unless you have the sharpest toenails in the history of men, I don't think you are going to ripthrough the material... That in fact is the problem with retros, kids are looking for the premium releases with the thick materials for a big markup. Give methe "cheap" breathable materials and I'm set. For real, wear these on a warm summer day and enjoy how the wind goes through the mesh and ontoyour feet. That was the whole point of structures/stabs originally.

MSRP is $105 so that store selling them for a $100 gets a thumbs up.

I can't wait to wear these in the summer, or anytime when the weather gets nice enough to rock shorts.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

MSRP is $105 so that store selling them for a $100 gets a thumbs up.

I can't wait to wear these in the summer, or anytime when the weather gets nice enough to rock shorts.

surely was a good look on the price....also these bad boys aint comin out till next fall...i already have the summer lineup locked up

Back
Top Bottom