NEW BCS STANDINGS/USA TODAY/AP CFB Poll: 11/16/08

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Ohio St. better hope Oregon State or Penn St. loses cause they could be left out entirely: pretty much unless something really crazy happens 2 teams from the Big XII, 2 from the SEC, the Pac-10 champ (in this scenario Oregon St.), Big East champ, ACC champ, Big 10 champ (Penn St), and either Utah or Boise get the automatic are in b/c of the non-BCS bid. So that's 9 outta the ten spots taken which leaves 1 at-large bid for USC or Ohio St., who do you think they will choose, Buckeyes might be going to the Captial One bowl this year.
none of that will happen if USC wins the Pac-10, which they probably will.
or if Penn State loses to Michigan State, then Ohio State will be in the Rose Bowl.

even if they don't, i won't mind not going to the BCS this year.

the satisfaction of beating Oregon State for the Rose Bowl will be nowhere near beating Alabama or Georgia in the Capital One Bowl, (AKA the bowl where the Big10 takes overrated SEC teams to the woodshed.)

Originally Posted by sho3tym

In my eyes...

Texas>Florida

but oddly enough, I think that will be the Nat'l Championship game, I can see Tech going down to Oklahoma, and I'm just not convinced with 'Bama, as long as Texas gets in, I'm good.
I wanna see Texas and Florida in the National championship game but I have a feeling that if OU beats Tech next week they'll jump Texas in theBCS standings.

In my eyes...

Texas>Florida

but oddly enough, I think that will be the Nat'l Championship game, I can see Tech going down to Oklahoma, and I'm just not convinced with 'Bama, as long as Texas gets in, I'm good.
How do you figure that?

Originally Posted by dreClark

In my eyes...

Texas>Florida

How do you figure that?
Not that I'm agreeing...but Texas' only loss is to the #1 team in the country on the last play. Plus they beat Oklahoma.

Florida lost to Miss State and they're best two wins are LSU and UGA....who we all know suck this year. So yeah...Texas could definitely be better thanUiF.

I would like to know as well, UF's offense is just as if not even more potent right now thanthe Horns and UF is ranked 4th in the country in defense. Sowhat would make you fell that the Horns are better than the Gators.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

SEC is so overrated. florida and alabama are the only teams headed anywhere. I still can't believe georgia got such a high preseason ranking. based on what? beating hawaii in a bcs game
roll.gif
laugh.gif

um buddy the SEC champ is gonna win the title and it will be 3 in a row for the SEC, but damn there OVERRATED

laugh.gif
stop it.... i hate UT and if they make it or TT they will smash on florida or Bama only team in the SEC with a win over a team that is still ranked top 10 is Mississippi! UGA, LSU and Auburn are playing like crap they should just get rid of the pre season rankings!!

i think this is the first time i'm agreeing with you
laugh.gif

Ohio St. better hope Oregon State or Penn St. loses cause they could be left out entirely: pretty much unless something really crazy happens 2 teams from the Big XII, 2 from the SEC, the Pac-10 champ (in this scenario Oregon St.), Big East champ, ACC champ, Big 10 champ (Penn St), and either Utah or Boise get the automatic are in b/c of the non-BCS bid. So that's 9 outta the ten spots taken which leaves 1 at-large bid for USC or Ohio St., who do you think they will choose, Buckeyes might be going to the Captial One bowl this year.

I could see Boise State being left out in this scenario

Nothing much to argue or discuss, since nothing changed, except the first place vote Florida got, which isn't even worth discussing.

I don't know how anyone can say the SEC is the best conference this season. I think 'Bama is overrated, their wins don't look that impressive. Their big wins include Clemson, which imploded this season. At the time #3 Georgia, a team that has been mollywhopped twice and almost lost to a terrible Auburn team. Actually if Auburn would've had any semblance of an offense they would have won that game. They beat LSU, which has a QB that makes Reggie Ball look like Joe Montana.

The Big XII is the clear cut best conference, and IMO, Texas Tech is the #1 team in the nation. However, poll politics are keeping them behind 'Bama.

Originally Posted by aepps20

In my eyes...

Texas>Florida

I wanna see Texas and Florida in the National championship game but I have a feeling that if OU beats Tech next week they'll jump Texas in the BCS standings.

Nope, Texas beat OU. BCS will keep Texas ahead of OU!

And on a side note, USC deserves nada as far as National Championship is concerned. They have been unimpressive and inconsistent against weaker competition and that's not helping them in what is a down year for the Pac-10.
I guess someone only saw the first half of the game. USC got off to a slow start, tied the game at halftime 17-17, and outscored Stanford 28-0(Not counting Stanfurd's score with 3 seconds left
laugh.gif
) in the secondhalf. In fact, they completely dominated Stanford in the second half. Completely shutting down their rushing attack.

I can deal with the Big XII being the best conference this year, I think they are as well, but don't try to discredit what Bama has done this season, theyare undefeated and they have nothing to do with the people being ranked where they were when they played them, like all of the other teams at the beginning ofthe year UGA was ranked on how they finished last year and potential for doing well this year, same thing with Clemson, LSU is stilll a good team outside oftheir quarterback. Bama has done what they've had to do and that's beat everyone they've played, Tech has yet to win a meaningful game on the road,and have an opportunity this weekend to do so, overrated or not 3 road wins against top 15 teams is impressive.

I can deal with the Big XII being the best conference this year, I think they are as well, but don't try to discredit what Bama has done this season, they are undefeated and they have nothing to do with the people being ranked where they were when they played them, like all of the other teams at the beginning of the year UGA was ranked on how they finished last year and potential for doing well this year, same thing with Clemson, LSU is stilll a good team outside of their quarterback. Bama has done what they've had to do and that's beat everyone they've played, Tech has yet to win a meaningful game on the road, and have an opportunity this weekend to do so, overrated or not 3 road wins against top 15 teams is impressive.

I'm not trying to discredit what 'Bama has done, just calling it like I see it. I don't think they are the #1 team in the country. In fact, I don't think they are the best team in the SEC, Florida is, despite the loss to Ole Miss.

UGA was, and still is ranked too high. It is one thing to lose, it is another thing to get "debacled" twice, then struggle to a terrible Auburn team. Clemson, well, no need to go there. LSU is wishing it never kicked Perilloux off the squad.

I'm not convinced with 'Bama, now, if they beat Florida in the SEC Championship Game, I will be a believer.

overrated or not 3 road wins against top 15 teams is impressive.

no. not when it's just Clemson, LSU, and Georgia.

Clemson was no "top 15" team. no one had seen them play up until the point of that ranking. after that game they immediately dropped out of the top25, never to return

LSU is garbage, there's nothing impressive about beating them. the same goes for Georgia, even though they are slightly less garbage.

compare that to Texas Tech, who beat TEXAS and Oklahoma State. nothing else needs to be said.

I wasn't speaking directly to you, it's just something I've noticed over the past couple of weeks, somehow Bama hasn't been winning'impressively.' I think Tech is good, but they have yet to prove it on the road, beat OU in Norman, a place where they've lost TWICE in the past 10years, then I'll say they're the best in the country, until then I believe Bama deserves their due.

EDIT:
laugh.gif
@ any Ohio St. fan calling anyone else's team garbage. They were preseason rankings for goodness sakes, UGA was the hottest team in the countryat the end of last year and their entire O-line was decimated before the season started. Everyone picked Clemson to beast this year and to be a nat'lcontender, LSU was supposed to be good as well until Perilloux was dismissed.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I wasn't speaking directly to you, it's just something I've noticed over the past couple of weeks, somehow Bama hasn't been winning 'impressively.' I think Tech is good, but they have yet to prove it on the road, beat OU in Norman, a place where they've lost TWICE in the past 10 years, then I'll say they're the best in the country, until then I believe Bama deserves their due.
so Texas Tech has to do something INSANELY difficult (beat #5 OU IN Norman) before you consider them better than Alabama, who hasn't beatenANY top 5 teams on the road or at home

you are obviously an SEC homer. you are giving Alabama an automatic trump card for being in the SEC. if Bama had beaten #1 Georgia and #9 LSU, you would besaying they're the best team in the country hands down.

EDIT:
laugh.gif
@ any Ohio St. fan calling anyone else's team garbage.

Ohio State is better than Clemson, LSU, or Georgia. and it's not even close. so i will
laugh.gif
as much as i want.

The hell are you talking about Georgia was ranked #3 in the country when Bama laid it on them in Athens. Yes road wins to me are more impressive than home winsover ranked teams b/c it is FAR more difficult to do.

The hell are you talking about Georgia was ranked #3 in the country when Bama laid it on them in Athens. Yes road wins to me are more impressive than home wins over ranked teams b/c it is FAR more difficult to do.

roll.gif
no way. Look, we beat Ohio State, and I love the fact we beat Ohio State. When mentioning the win, I never say "We beat then #5 Ohio State." because everyone knows where Ohio State is now. If Georgia would have kept on winning, then it would have been impressive, but Georgia has struggled all year (blowout losses to Bama and Florida), and so has 'Bama. Georgia is barely a Top 15 now.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The hell are you talking about Georgia was ranked #3 in the country when Bama laid it on them in Athens. Yes road wins to me are more impressive than home wins over ranked teams b/c it is FAR more difficult to do.
Whatever all I know is that Bama has been ranked in the top 3 in the country since Sept. 28th and Tech just got in the top 5 two weeks ago. AndGeorgia is ranked 11th behind the Suckeyes and ahead of Oklahoma St. Tech's other good win.

No team in the united states of america is playing better then the Florida Gators...I have to take a shower after saying that but
sick.gif
Percy
sick.gif
Harvin
sick.gif
is healthy
sick.gif

and if Oklahoma doesnt beat Texas Tech I will be suprised. They should have never lost to Texas.

SEC is so overrated. florida and alabama are the only teams headed anywhere. I still can't believe georgia got such a high preseason ranking. based on what? beating hawaii in a bcs game
roll.gif
laugh.gif

um buddy the SEC champ is gonna win the title and it will be 3 in a row for the SEC, but damn there OVERRATED

laugh.gif
stop it.... i hate UT and if they make it or TT they will smash on florida or Bama only team in the SEC with a win over a team that is still ranked top 10 is Mississippi! UGA, LSU and Auburn are playing like crap they should just get rid of the pre season rankings!!
roll.gif
, I doubt that. Florida does something those Big 12 teams don't do. PLAY DEFENSE

Im really hoping we get Florida vs Texas or Florida vs Texas Tech, I think those would be great NC games.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
, I doubt that. Florida does something those Big 12 teams don't do. PLAY DEFENSE

Im really hoping we get Florida vs Texas or Florida vs Texas Tech, I think those would be great NC games.

Wow I missed this. TT and UT would smash on Florida?
laugh.gif
They might BEATflorida but smash on them?
indifferent.gif

^ yeah no one's gonna get smashed unless alabama winds up in the game, but they won't cuz they'll lose to florida
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

No it was based on going 11-2 and having one of the best running backs in the nation and probably the first QBs taken in next year's draft. I swear whenwe were preseason number 1 and all I heard on ESPN was the schedule and Gunna was on here talking about us losing 4 games or whatever. Yall act like everyonewas saying we were going to win the national championship and be undefeated. If you remember NO ONE was saying that, people were saying we were the a greatteam with a ridiculous schedule which was true. SEC is still is a great conference and has had the best talent for atleast the last 5 years. The Big XII isobviously having a great year and were pretty good last year.

Back
Top Bottom