NEW CLOTHING LINE ARTICULATE BRAND...Updated (New Pictures)!

Would you cop or not?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Whats good,

Some kids that I went to high school with and myself are trying to launch a collective brand to showcase our ideas for clothing, art, photography etc.

One of my boys came up with the name "Articulate" for a clothing company and I've been messing with some ideas for the first quarter of this year. Please be as brutally honest as possible.

View media item 939525
View media item 939526
Which of the above logos do you prefer?

View media item 939528

Couple of t-shirt designs

View media item 939531
View media item 939532
View media item 939533
View media item 939534
View media item 939535
Female crop top counterparts

View media item 939536
View media item 939537
View media item 939538
For the beasts. Here's a chick rocking a sample hat at this past Ultra.

View media item 939542

Besides Supreme and Pyrex, who else is prospering with a brand that uses inferior materials with a lot of branding to produce high profit margins?

I'm a 90s baby and it looks like the train of urban wear won't be coming back in full effect soon.

Besides Supreme and Pyrex, who else is prospering with a brand that uses inferior materials with a lot of branding to produce high profit margins?

I'm a 90s baby and it looks like the train of urban wear won't be coming back in full effect soon.

Yep.

We're better off just wearing what white people wear

The name sounds like a Christian rock band and the logo reminds me of something I would see on a Megachurch.
I ain't eem see it till you said it and now I can't unsee it
laugh.gif
It really does
roll.gif

Yep.

We're better off just wearing what white people wear
I'm now completely convinced NTers can turn any thread into a race thread
mean.gif

Youre thinking about the logo too much I think op.

Think of the fit and cut of the shirt...the materials...think outside the box with those things first. You have to be really established to just sell based on the logo.

Just my 2 cents. But reps on actually putting your ideas out there.

I know the designs are box cut shirts but I would be using next level brand shirts which are as close to american apparel shirts that you can get without paying the extra money for the actual AA. I'm actual more at a "dressing better" point in my personal style but I find myself lacking in the department of casual wear specifically for concerts and raves. I want to create a "uniform" for these events.

Last edited:
I know the designs are box cut shirts but I would be using next level brand shirts which are as close to american apparel shirts that you can get without paying the extra money for the actual AA. I'm actual more at a "dressing better" point in my personal style but I find myself lacking in the department of casual wear specifically for concerts and raves. I want to create a "uniform" for these events.
Wait, you want this "clothing line" aka a bunch of t-shirts with your logo to be specifically for wear during concerts & raves?  Am I reading that wrong?

Like someone else said, you seem to be focusing on the logo and if you can't get past that/need input on it, I have a hard time believing you'll succeed in designing products (t-shirts) that people will want.  I'm sure you have more than just showing the same uninteresting logo on not only t-shirts, but hoodies, tank tops, crop tops, and get this...bomber jackets which are SOOOOO in right now.  It looks like a less creative version of a streetwear brand which can be hard to do.

The only decent thing you posted was the white gurl.  And I emphasize decent.

View media item 939618
This is nice but do sumtin withthe top

Like maybe the top can be the night sky lit by a moon

IDK what NTers are saying. This is a dope shirt.

That said, you can't get successful off of just one shirt. You know the rest of the designs are box cut, so why even bother when you aren't bringing anything original or thought-provoking to the table? It'll just end up like the COUNTLESS other street brands that do the EXACT same thing.

Get back to the drawing board and chase those dreams, playa.

I(we) have a tremendous amount stuff to learn. A lot of what I'm hearing is that I shouldn't really focus on the logo and graphics but rather cut & sew materials.

the sunset tee is a dope start bro, try and push the envelope a little more like that without overcompensating
at the end of the day, people want product that makes them feel something
if you can trigger that through your designs half the work is done already

whenever Im sketching a new design I ask myself would I buy this product, and why?
good luck :pimp:

Last edited:
I(we) have a tremendous amount stuff to learn. A lot of what I'm hearing is that I shouldn't really focus on the logo and graphics but rather cut & sew materials.

That's what you're hearing? From who? Do these people have successful clothing brands? Do the people who buy their products talk up the threadcount of the shirt, or what type of cotton was used? Cut and materials are nice, but if people don't like what they see first, they'll never even touch the shirt.

No one ever got ahead of the pack by listening to them, homie.

Just food for thought.

Last edited:
You're going to have to sells these graphic tees first before you can get into cut & sew.

Cut & sew you're dealing with more factors.

Everyone trying to do this nowadays.  But these arent "brands".  Everyone thinks they make a shirt and a hat then theyve gotta brand.  I get you gotts start somewhere but those are my initial thoughts.  Everyone trying slap something on a shirt and think they gotta brand. 

My boys and a couple of girls I know are really into photography and art. I think it would be pretty dope to incorporate original works into the graphic tees so we can differentiate ourselves from others.

I believe everyone is capable of artistic expression through their style of dress. I follow a lot fashion blogs and I love to see individuals taking "street wear" brands and incorporating them into a more sophisticated look or even the reverse.

What influences the clothes that you all buy and like?

Back
Top Bottom