** New Common - The Light '08 (Its Love)***

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

I really would love to hear how out of all Coms work you think he is repetitive?? Does he have numerous love songs? Yes. But is the content or direction repetitive? I don't feel it is at all. I think Commons music is very diverse and even within his love songs the direction is different. And I can care less as long as the songs are good. When dude makes songs about love; the songs are damn good and that is all that should matter. And if you look at his body of work you can clearly see that he is not repetitive at all.
Considering that the content of a love song is usually love, I'd say it's definitely repetitive.
And I know Common's body of work very well. Since Be he's been on a steady decline so he's using this soft !%$! because it's what sold him the most records.

So how the song is delivered counts for nothing I guess?! For example "Love Is" and "Come Close" are both songs about lovebut delivered differently and talk about different aspects of love. You're talking as though over 50% of the body of Commons work is love songs and thatis not the case. Go through the body of Coms work and look for yourself.

Also you're judging his "decline" after Be when he has released ONE ALBUM. In order to state there has been a decline there has to be a trend. Just because you may not feel FF doesn't mean you can judge a decline off one album. You gotta to come up with a better argument than that.

i was against remaking "the light" at first, but this sounds completely different.
pimp.gif
i dig it.

Where is Lupe's song from? I have F & L, and didn't see a ghetto story song listed. Is it one of his mixtapes?

This beat is just looped, nothing crazy from a producing standpoint.

Common made this song work though.

it's music.

if it's good, it's good.

this song is good and i like it
pimp.gif

for those talking about "soft" music or hug rap, just stop it. enjoy the music for what it is.

this stuff pretty safe... i just want Com to spit with passion again...off some "Soul Power" type stuff or "Hungry" from One Day It'llAll Make Sense or something...this track just don't do it for me. Com seems to have gotten stupid lazy since linking with Kanye. but his career pre-FindingForever >> most of your favorite rappers' careers as a whole

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

You're talking as though over 50% of the body of Commons work is love songs and that is not the case. Go through the body of Coms work and look for yourself.
Oh, I am? I didn't realize that. Thanks for putting words in my mouth though.

Also you're judging his "decline" after Be when he has released ONE ALBUM. In order to state there has been a decline there has to be a trend. Just because you may not feel FF doesn't mean you can judge a decline off one album. You gotta to come up with a better argument than that.
Electric Circus was the start of his decline...Be was better, but it's still CRAAAZY overrated and I feel he could have done much better. Also, I'll judge a decline anyway I want...considering that it's my opinion.

Well you are saying that his work is repetitive so I think it would be a fair inference to say you are speaking about the majority of his work (which wouldbe more than 50%). If not then what sample of work are you talking about that you consider repetitive? Sorry if I put words in your mouth but the structureof your words made it seem as thought you are talking about the majority of his work.

Secondly, Be is a classic IMO. You are correct though and can judge a decline anyways you want (even though as foolish as it may be to say someone declinedafter one album). You are entitled to your opinion; but you also are entitled to be wrong.
happy.gif

Enlightened Thought I agree with your point about people listening to the music for what it is. However, some people let categories or sub categories of agenre cloud their appreciation for a song or an album.

Back
Top Bottom