New details are pointing to the fact that Brittany Murphy may have been murdered

Were Brittany Murphy And Her Husband Murdered?

defamer.com

Almost four years after Brittany Murphy was found dead in her Hollywood home of natural causes, new details are pointing to the fact that the Clueless star may have been murdered instead. The Examiner reports that toxicology testing was finally done on Murphy's hair, blood and tissue samples, and presented 10 heavy metals that were all present in quantities well above the World Health Organization's high exposure level.

The lab report states,

“Ten (10) of the heavy metals evaluated were detected at levels higher that the WHO [The World Health Organization] high levels. Testing the hair strand sample identified as” back of the head” we have detected ten (10) heavy metals at levels above the WHO high levels recommendation. If we were to eliminate the possibility of a simultaneous accidental heavy metals exposure to the sample donor then the only logical explanation would be an exposure to these metals (toxins) administered by a third party perpetrator with likely criminal intent.”

Murphy was found dead by her mother on December 20, 2009, and though the coroner ruled that the death was due to natural causes, a later report of pneumonia complicated by anemia and multiple drug intake fueled rumors of an eating disorder and addiction to prescription pills. Murphy's husband Simon Monjack became the subject of scrutiny after he vehemently opposed the coroner's office doing a post-mortem on his wife's body. In a tragic Hollywood twist, Murphy's mother Sharon found Monjack dead in the same bathroom she had discovered her daughter, just five months later, on May 10, 2010. Monjack's death was also ruled natural causes, with a suspicion of cardiac arrest, as well as pneumonia and anemia like Murphy.

Murphy's father Angelo Bertolotti suspected that toxic mold had played a factor in the death of his daughter and Monjack, and in 2012 sued the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office, as well as the Los Angeles Police Department to demand toxicology testing on Murphy's hair, blood and tissue samples. The Coroner's office admitted that no toxicology testing had been done when Murphy died. Bertolotti finally obtained the right to have independent testing conducted, his suspicions of toxicology findings were correct, though he was off the mark on toxic mold.

According to The Examiner, the heavy metals present in Murphy's system are consistent with those found in rat poisons. Both Murphy and Monjack exhibited symptoms of headaches, dizziness, gastrointestinal issues, and pneumonia—all of which are indicative of rat poisoning. Monjack and Murphy spent their last days in constant paranoia. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the couple was convinced that they were under helicopter surveillance, and their phones were all being tapped.

View media item 660586

This story never did add up back then but who knows...

I've said all along that the mother was in cahoots with the husband. Then she turned around and killed him too.

Right before she died I vaguely remember the media speculating that the mom and husband were banging.

Sad and creepy tale whatever happened. I had the biggest crush on her in Clueless

crazy i saw a movie the other day and thought about her and was down she passed. always liked her.

Two people drop dead within 5 months, and they don't suspect foul play? Man they're wasting tax payers money.

Its crazy how this was all swept under the rug when its basically obvious now foul play was at hand.
Both her and her husband died of "natural causes" within 5 month of each other and both were relatively young people? Ok........

I am assuming either A. Mom and Husband were banging it out and they both decided to kill Brittany. Then husband got an attack of consciousness and was gonna tell the truth and moms killed him the same way or
B. Mom and Husband were banging it out, Mom was a complete psycho got jealous of her own daughter...offed her hoping her and the husband could be together....husband believed the story that Brittany died of natural causes.....then found out it was moms who did it...then was offed by her so he wouldn't snitch

cue the lifetime movie...."In a cynical tale of love and betrayal...."

i can't help but think of Alex on Happy Endings confusing the box of rat poison for her pirate cereal

tumblr_m06wqtNuI61qag1wuo1_250.gif

tumblr_m06wqtNuI61qag1wuo2_250.gif

Didn't they do a toxicology report when she died? Why is this coming out now, years later?

I thought she died of drugs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. I remember thinking that this death was an OD and getting told about the weird circumstances by a friend.

Had to be some foul play. I don't really believe in coincidences like that. Too much for me...

I've said all along that the mother was in cahoots with the husband. Then she turned around and killed him too.

Right before she died I vaguely remember the media speculating that the mom and husband were banging.

Hell the dude LOOKED like he was or should have been dating her mom

View media item 660722

This Simon dude also had a curious history.

In 2005, warrants were issued for Monjack's arrest in Virginia on charges of credit card fraud, but the charges were later dropped. In 2006, Coutts Bank successfully sued Monjack, who had been evicted from four homes, for $470,000. In February 2007, Monjack was arrested and spent nine days in jail, facing deportation, because his visa to the United States had expired.

Simon also had no problem spinning tales to get his way with women on both sides of the Atlantic, leaving a trail of broken hearts, unpaid bills and angry fiancees. A woman he met in London in 1999 later described Simon as “very manipulative” and said he lied to her about his wealth and properties. He “usually cons good, honest, trustworthy people,” she wrote in a letter to the FBI, meant as a warning to others — which (the author) accessed through the Freedom of Information Act — “simply because they cannot comprehend that a person can be so deceptive to that extent; it’s almost unbelievable. I believe he is sick and lies continuously, defrauding people, hurting people including his own family. He himself has admitted this to me.”

Brittany had been completely taken with Simon. What she didn’t know when they met was that Simon was nearly broke and in a legal battle with a producer on White Hotel, Susan Stewart Potter, who hired him to direct, then discovered he was trying to cut her out. He eventually paid Stewart a legal settlement of more than $300,000. When Simon moved into Brittany’s house, he didn’t mention he was leaving his last fiancee with thousands in unpaid rent on an L.A. apartment or that he had written numerous bad checks. Shortly after they married, Brittany paid $10,000 to a casting director who had sued Simon over a bounced check.

Simon received story credit for the 2006 biopic Factor Girl. Director George Hickenlooper claimed that Monjack had nothing to do with Factory Girl and was a con man. Hickenlooper says that he had "warned" Murphy about Monjack: "The last thing I told Brittany is "Do you know who this guy is? I mean do you really know him. Do you know what you're doing by marrying him?" At this point Brittany became angry and told me she knew Monjack better than anyone and then hung up on me. A few months later I tried to call her to see if she was alright and Monjack would not let me speak to her. I so so feared something bad would happen. I thought he might take her for all her money. Little did I know she would end up dead. Now I am not saying Monjack has anything to do with this. I wouldn't know. And I'm sure the guy is in deep mourning. But one can sure speculate that his clear lack of character and background couldn't have led to the most healthy environment. I really feel bad for Brittany. She was a sweet sweet angel and didn't deserve anything bad to happen to her ever. May she rest in peace. I will miss her. We will all miss her. She was the most talented and underrated actresses working in film."

His nickname was "Con-Jack." A former business acquaintance of his said: "Simon is someone who I suspect went through life with genuine intentions of making his various schemes work and then being reluctant to shoulder the blame when they didn't. He wasn't bad. But he was chaotic and he liked to make the most of anything he had done.

Simon's mother believes her son developed Munchausen’s syndrome, where a person fakes illness to get attention. She was skeptical about the cause of his seizures and believes her son could somehow make it appear that his heart stopped. Simon, though, claimed he had various heart problems and needed open-heart surgery. But his autopsy showed a healthy, slightly enlarged heart, and his doctor in Burbank told authorities that Simon had taken an EKG exam shortly before his death and that his heart was fine.

Six weeks before Brittany's death she was in Puerto Rico filming a low-budge thriller called The Caller. She parted company after one day of shooting when the producers insisted on banning Simon from the set.

Simon at first refused an autopsy because he didn’t want her beautiful body violated, he said, and felt it went against his orthodox Jewish tradition. But the L.A. coroner insisted, eventually finding that she died of pneumonia, anemia and a toxic cocktail of prescription drugs: a perfect storm of ailments and overmedication. “She had been sick at least two weeks,” assistant L.A. Coroner Ed Winter said. “Had they taken her to a doctor or hospital, it would have been treatable.”

The same month (of her death), a foundation started in Murphy's name by Monjack and her mother is deemed a fraud. TMZ reported that The Brittany Murphy Foundation, started by Monjack and her mom Sharon to celebrate children's arts education, "is not registered as a charity with the IRS or the state of California, as required by law. The California Secretary of State's office told TMZ there are no records for The Brittany Murphy Foundation. The state Attorney General's office also has no record of the organization as a nonprofit group — and the IRS says the foundation has not filed for a non-profit license." The charity later announces they will be returning donations.

its only been 4 years? bruh, this seems like it happened so long ago :smh:

Back
Top Bottom