New Director Of The New Reboot Spider-Man Announced.

I just found out, that Marc Webb only directed 1 movie.

This will be his second. Hopefully he knows what hes doing
pimp.gif

500 Days of Summer was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

should have just named the thread "r.i.p. spider-man movies."

not even saying that raimis was great because after watching them recently they are very overrated however the approach they are taking the new one is
smh.gif

i read that they are making him much younger and his villain fighting is taking a back seat to the story

Interesting. I really want to know how they plan on approaching this film. I read over at Superherohype.com that Ruben Pattinson (Edward Cullen of Twilight)and Zac Efron (High School Musical) were two of the top candidates for the Peter Parker/Spider-Man role. So, we'll wait and see. Hopefully this refresh ofthe series is a hit, once the film releases.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Interesting. I really want to know how they plan on approaching this film. I read over at Superherohype.com that Ruben Pattinson (Edward Cullen of Twilight) and Zac Efron (High School Musical) were two of the top candidates for the Peter Parker/Spider-Man role. So, we'll wait and see. Hopefully this refresh of the series is a hit, once the film releases.

i really hope they bring back tobey as peter parker
tired.gif

from music videos to spiderman? this guys my hero. Small budget too. this time its for the money

Originally Posted by ldea

I don't see how people liked Tobey Maguire. Dude was mad girly.
Peter Parker wasn't exactly an alpha male either.

I'm interested, though. I haven't seen 500 Days of Summer, but I've heard good things.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

should have just named the thread "r.i.p. spider-man movies."

not even saying that raimis was great because after watching them recently they are very overrated however the approach they are taking the new one is
smh.gif

i read that they are making him much younger and his villain fighting is taking a back seat to the story

people want Jake Gyllenhal because Donnie Darko gave off such an underdog, Peter Parker vibe but i think he's too old for the role.

Effron and Pattinson are too pretty.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt maybe... but i think it'd have to be a relatively new actor that we're unfamiliar with.

In hindsight Tobey really did seem like the perfect Parker but maybe because that's all we remember...

Interesting. I really want to know how they plan on approaching this film. I read over at Superherohype.com that Ruben Pattinson (Edward Cullen of Twilight) and Zac Efron (High School Musical) were two of the top candidates for the Peter Parker/Spider-Man role. So, we'll wait and see. Hopefully this refresh of the series is a hit, once the film releases.

Isnt it Robert Pattinson?

Didnt the director do comic books or something before directing? I cant remember what it was.
I liked 500 Days of Summer though so hopefully he'll make this good.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Interesting. I really want to know how they plan on approaching this film. I read over at Superherohype.com that Ruben Pattinson (Edward Cullen of Twilight)
and Zac Efron (High School Musical) were two of the top candidates for the Peter Parker/Spider-Man role. So, we'll wait and see. Hopefully this refresh of
the series is a hit, once the film releases.

Isnt it Robert Pattinson?

Didnt the director do comic books or something before directing? I cant remember what it was.
I liked 500 Days of Summer though so hopefully he'll make this good.

roll.gif
roll.gif

homie wrote "ruben'
roll.gif

but the director was a music video director first.

so are they going to start at spiderman 1 when he becomes spiderman or just go on to the 4th with new cast and director?

Originally Posted by bilbo07

so are they going to start at spiderman 1 when he becomes spiderman or just go on to the 4th with new cast and director?

Spider-Man 1. When he becomes Spiderman.

Well since the character is young and still in high school, count out a lot of older actors. Also the budget is supposed to be far less than the previousfilms, so I believe they're looking to cast unknown actors in the roles in order to keep the budget lower.

I'm watching the first Spider-Man movie right now. I have no idea how a fan of the comic could watch this movie and think that they got it all wrong.

THIS FRANCHISE DOES NOT NEED A REBOOT!!!!

*sigh* I don't like any of these rumors I'm hearing.

I have nothing to expect from this director. The fact that he use to do music videos doesn't sound like a positive thing.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

I'm watching the first Spider-Man movie right now. I have no idea how a fan of the comic could watch this movie and think that they got it all wrong.

THIS FRANCHISE DOES NOT NEED A REBOOT!!!!

The problem wasn't that movie, it was Spiderman 3.  I personally always felt like it would be hard to follow that movie because it really screwed the franchise up.  If there was some way they could erase that movie and start fresh at Spiderman 3, I would be all for it.  But otherwise, a complete reboot is in order.

It's like when Batman Forever came out.  They screwed it up and tried to keep it going with Batman & Robin and screwed it up even worse.  I absolute love Batman & Batman Returns, but they couldn't continue after those crappy sequels.  And now look.  Begins + TDK are arguably > Batman + Returns.

Back
Top Bottom