New Footlocker discount policy

I don't think you all realize the reason they limited it this way is abuse by management to get numbers. not cuz employees overuse there discount. I can;ttell of anyone that uses there 30% anyhow unless the put something on layaway and then take it off at the 50(which they are chickenhawking now)

it was far to easy to abuse F and F, 50, and militaries for sheer S3 gains so the store has an appearance of doing well.

ever had someone tell you they can give you a pack of socks for free, or cleaners and %@#. yeah thats what they are doing, your paying for it, just discounted.

at the end of the day, I really don't feel this will make much of a difference and will soon be forgotten about just like any other stupid policy they havetried in the past year or so.

YO!
ever had someone tell you they can give you a pack of socks for free, or cleaners and %@#. yeah thats what they are doing, your paying for it, just discounted.

at the end of the day, I really don't feel this will make much of a difference and will soon be forgotten about just like any other stupid policy they have tried in the past year or so.
QFT.

I heard of an employee who gave an 'elder' woman 6 cleaners during a F&F.
laugh.gif

smh.gif

DF!!!

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

FL just wants to get as much money for shoes as possible. Once they get stuck with the next release they'll be singing a different tune. No biggy.
the realist words written in this whole thread..

Originally Posted by encore2007

No discount of any kind on a shoe with a release date. So that extends to customers too. I'll just leave my pair in the office til we can get our discount no biggie
wooooooord....

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

at the end of the day, I really don't feel this will make much of a difference and will soon be forgotten about just like any other stupid policy they have tried in the past year or so.
QFT.

laugh.gif

smh.gif

DF!!!
i've done it... but maybe not 6 cleaners... i'm talkin, 2 cleaners and 2 12 packs... or better yet, an insole and 2 cleaners... that'show you get them numbers uuuuupppp...

Originally Posted by lysolflow

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

QFT.

laugh.gif

smh.gif

DF!!!
i've done it... but maybe not 6 cleaners... i'm talkin, 2 cleaners and 2 12 packs... or better yet, an insole and 2 cleaners... that's how you get them numbers uuuuupppp...

what exactly is this? Im confused

manager just had me read the email today, it sucks, and at my store, all 4 of the males that work there collect jordans, this sucks because we stay gettingcases of 12-18 pairs only, know we have to decide who gets what, footlocker is tripping.. but now it has me thinking, what are the 50%'s gonna be lookinglike? are release date shoes gonna start getting excluded?

then you can't hold or layaway release date shoes, like honestly, theres starting to not be a real benefit from working at footlocker...

manager just had me read the email today, it sucks, and at my store, all 4 of the males that work there collect jordans, this sucks because we stay gettingcases of 12-18 pairs only, know we have to decide who gets what, footlocker is tripping.. but now it has me thinking, what are the 50%'s gonna be lookinglike? are release date shoes gonna start getting excluded?

then you can't hold or layaway release date shoes, like honestly, theres starting to not be a real benefit from working at footlocker...

thats funny i work for finishline. footlocker and champs and footaction are'nt supposed to give military on any release products, they can get in troublewith the vendor in this case nike, and nike could come yank all the product out of the store a.s.a.p. so by giving that discount they were risking alot cuz inmost shoes stores Nike and jordan is like 70 percent the merchandise. I knew it was a matter of time before they did that, follow the rules or you will getburned.

....Mom n Pop stores charge the high round hea.....
o0o i get it u talkin bout the flea market.....
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Thanks to all the idiots who abused it...because Footlocker has finally taken action. Effective 5-30-09, any release date shoe can only have 20% of it's total sales be employee sales. That means if a store gets 36 pairs of a shoe, only 6 can be sold with a employee discount. If that store has 9 employees, it looks like 3 would be screwed. It dosen't matter if it is a employee from a different store, different division, etc, 6 employees TOTAL. If a store gets 18 pairs, the total would be 3(they are rounding down) Also, there will be NO military discount allowed and NO coupons allowed AT ALL on any release date product..........to me it looks like a discrimination suit waiting to happen.

So I went to my store today and read the new rules and he's somewhat right. An employee is allowed one employee discount on a release date shoe but nolayaways and as quoted no military discounts. I didn't read anything about employees from different stores nor the 20% of the total sales thing but thenumber of pairs that a store receives determines how many pairs on discount is allowed by one employee. This is from someone is an employee of this company andactually read and signed the paper today. This applies to FTL/FTA/KFL/LFL. Champs is excluded from this stupid rule. I put the nubuck xii's on layaway withmy discount.

Yall gone get in trouble if you keep talking openly about company policies to the world wide web. This goes out to all ftl inc employees

I went with my boy to buy his griffeys(royal/volt) and they wouldnt take a coupon he had even though we checked the fine print and it said nothing on newerreleases. Then I asked my friend who works there and she said they cant even get a discount. Not sure about the 20% thing. But its unfortunate. The best partof a job is using your employee discount.

This Is Not Cool...At All...But All I Really Want Is A Swoosh Account So I Guess IT Really Doesn't Matter...lol...But Retail Is A Small Price For PeopleWho Really Actually WANT The Shoe & Not Want To SELL It...

hmmm just talked to a manager at a champs sports about this, and he said he heard nothing of this....lol

Originally Posted by daaznfella

hmmm just talked to a manager at a champs sports about this, and he said he heard nothing of this....lol

Doesn't apply to them which works for me!

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

good news. now those greedy selfish employees won't be buying up everything before the RD. in fact i think they should make it so no discount at all on jordans and other shoes that nike considers to be top sellers.
Thats how Footaction store was.

But every store is different, they can bend the rules. I do agreed it was easier to get Jordans with discounts back then. The last pair of J's i payed withdiscount was the Steel Grey 10's.

I did not even know discounts could be applied to jordan's....or do employees only get that discount...eastbay, finishline, footlocker always haveexclusions...quite unfair

Back
Top Bottom