+ New Jay-Z "D.O.A." drops tonight... +

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

His career is ILLUSTRIOUS . His rep is impeccable . He's not to be f'ed with .

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

He's bitin some of BIGs +%*$ on his new song...

and kanye's he does it on purpose tho yall acting like he sneaky with it
laugh.gif

[h3]Jay-Z - "Death Of Autotune"[/h3]1 comments Published by Roback on Saturday, June 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM

In case any of you illiterate blogger %+%+! have never read anything that wasn't on a computer screen, there's this ancient Greek epic poem called The Odyssey, and it's kinda like a big deal. In the epic, Odysseus, the main character, is the king of Ithaca. Odysseus departs from Ithaca to voyage on a long journey, leaving his beautiful wife, Penelope, behind.

You'll see where I'm going with this.

Amidst %+%+! and goonery with one-eyed monsters, noisy !+$%+* and the Greek god of the sea, Poseidon, Odysseus loses his way and is gone from his home of Ithaca for decades. Upon his return, Odysseus finds 108 young suitors waiting to steal his wife and his throne. He then proceeds to beat the *$$* out of them and make love to his beautiful wife under the shimmer of the Grecian sun.

I promise.

Now Shawn Carter, being the self-proclaimed king of hip-hop, has returned from his brief hiatus to find a medley of undeserving *+#$$*+%% waiting to take his crown. "In Death Of Autotune", Hov proceeds to clear his palace of unworthy Charles Hamilton's, Asher Roth's, Cool Kids and Wale's and make love to his beautiful wife (Hip-hop, not Beyonce, meatwad) all over a boisterous, horn friendly, No-ID track that radiates it's glory through the shimmer of the Hot97 New Yawk sun.

Welcome back to Ithaca, Jay. Your wife has been waiting.

*EDIT*
Official version.
Jay-Z - "Death of Autotune"
Props to the boys.

Posted by Roback

Labels: Ear Candy

This isn't a shameless plug.

This Odysseus analogy is EXACTLY what happend
laugh.gif
. Applaud this man IAmRoback.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

The song went real lite on the whole subject...y'all just od'n.

He had like 2 lines speaking on the trends. There is more shout outs in here than insults.

He shout out Ye, Jeezy, Khaled, Flex, Mister Cee and Weezy.

Ya boys jeans to tight, ya colors too tight, ya voice too light.

You rappers singing too much, get back to rap you T-Paining too much

Thats literally all that he said that you could perceived as hate. Real lite, just touching on something that everyone has been saying/rapping about for years now.

"That what all this bout?"

On some G s_...y'all doing most of the hating.

I immediately thought of Kanye with those lyrics...
laugh.gif

Now Shawn Carter, being the self-proclaimed king of hip-hop, has returned from his brief hiatus to find a medley of undeserving *+#$$*+%% waiting to take his crown. "In Death Of Autotune", Hov proceeds to clear his palace of unworthy Charles Hamilton's, Asher Roth's, Cool Kids and Wale's and make love to his beautiful wife (Hip-hop, not Beyonce, meatwad) all over a boisterous, horn friendly, No-ID track that radiates it's glory through the shimmer of the Hot97 New Yawk sun.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

indifferent.gif

Your stoneface is appreciated.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

You my go to blogger but you way over hyping this slick diss /hypocritical/pointless track

laugh.gif
, why you stoneface dude JR???

I don't really like dude either, but that article was clever, and accurate.

Man see this is why we get hated on
laugh.gif
comparing Jay to a god

analogy is quietly on point tho

People are really that hyped about this track?

I love Jay and I wish I could say he's back, but............not quite. Attacking an obvious target is not worth all the hype.

laugh.gif
I don't even know...just corny...esp. that last line.

And the track isn't that serious...none of the _'s mentioned even use Autotune...maybe the tight jeans and bright colors @%*@, but...nobody is lookingat those _'s like they're next up anyway.

Jay doesn't have that pull he once had. I like the song even...but it's not that serious. Everybody already said all that like a year ago. People hatedon 808's because he was using Autotune. Songs with Autotune aren't all the rage and haven't been for a minute. It's like pissing on the stepsof an abandoned building.

Charles Hamilton's, Asher Roth's, Cool Kids and Wale

I know nothing of Charles Hamilton
A little something about Wale
1 song by Asher Roth
and a lot about The Cool Kids

With that said, I don't think these artists [heavily] use and/or rely on auto-tune in their songs.

In other words, when it comes to 'unworthy' rappers who are OD'ing on auto-tune, a whole list of rappers would appear in my head before theaforementioned 4.

But Greek mythology is my isshhhh

This !*+%$+%#%@!# compared this song to The %*%%@%*@@@@#@ Odyssey
eek.gif
alien.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Ol Man Jigga's tip must be touching your pancreas.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

"Dancin On Me" > "D.O.A." & whatever KRS & Buckshot did
1h86dl.gif
laugh.gif
at tagging that
Had to.

$+$$*# stealin my %$**
laugh.gif

Damn Nay.... your screenname should really be Sodium Chloride... you stay with the Lawry's attitude about anything other than BIG.
laugh.gif
The realest $$$# you ever wrote.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

He used to give a +%%% ... now he gives a +%%% less . What does he think of success ? It sucks ; too much stress . I guess he blew up quick because friends he grew up with ... see him as a premie but he not & his nuts big . He doesn't know what the fuss is . His career is ILLUSTRIOUS . His rep is impeccable . He's not to be f'ed with .
Those are actually Eminem lyrics...
He's bitin some of BIGs +%*$ on his new song...
.... and you probably gonna hate on somebody in ya next post, what's new?

As irrelevant as Jay is he's sure bringing plenty of emotions out of yall.
smh.gif
Just give an honest opinion about the song itself, and not other #$%+.

I already did... The production is AMAZING... The first verse is impressive and then it just falls off... The only thing that keeps you listening is thebeat... He could've held out on making this $%%@ till he had 3 hot verses...

"Dancin On Me" > "D.O.A."

Is there seriously 37 pages about this #%+#?
Seriously...it's not that great of a song, and Jay-Z is not the king of #%+# any more.
Dude has been pushed aside, rap has a new sound now whether you dudes like it or not
56265752thahotseat1126200883401am.jpg

And this dude sure as hell shouldn't be telling people how to dress...he's trying to dress JUST like them...his chubby #@+ just can't fit themright. damn that white kid got rocked behind jay-z
laugh.gif

Whoa. I read a couple of pages in this thread and dudes aren't even criticizing the music anymore. They're going on personal !#%. Typical NT I suppose.Songs hot, lyrics are hot and the beat is simple but HOT. Wasn't blown away but I didn't need to be. I guess some dudes got hyped over this song beinga diss to popular artists like Wayne but didn't get what they want. Hov's back. Any real hip hop fan should be rejoicing right now.

enh, Hov coulda done somthing else with this....problem is beat is sickly, but the fact the song is about autotune pretty much guarantees the life of the songat about 3 months

Back
Top Bottom