New Jersey Nets have hit the ultimate low Vol. how could you Jigga?

Got this from deadspin.com

[h1]Nets Try To Trick Fans Into Wearing Nets Gear[/h1]
By Barry Petchesky, 2:30 AM on Thu Aug 13 2009, 12,579 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)
Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop sploid

Picture_1_03.jpg
Want season tickets to seethe Nets? No, of course you don't. Will some Nets jerseys sweeten the deal? Still no, huh. OK, how about jerseys of the best players on other teams. Yes,it's that desperate at the Meadowlands.

In what has to be a first, the Nets are running a promotion that gives fans who buy a 10-game package five reversible jerseys. On one side: one of the league's superstars. On the other: some@!@#%! Nets player.

Want a Kevin Garnett uni? Then you're going to have to accept a Yi Jianlian one. Got your eye on that snazzy LeBron jersey? It's yours, if you takethis Jarvis Hayes jersey too.

Most curious of all is what appears to be a throwback Stephon Marbury jersey paired with Kobe's Lakers uniform.

It's an interesting proposition. The Nets are essentially saying to fans, if you want these sought-after replica jerseys, you're going to have totake our team's stuff with them. But there's a fatal flaw: no one will ever wear them as Nets stuff except on laundry day.

And if five jerseys don't sweeten the pot enough, you get a month's subscription to the New York Post. You can keep your D-Wade jersey, I'malready sold!

This is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard in sports. I'd rather have my team wear company logos than this travishamockery that has beenbestowed upon you Nets fans, if you guys even exist anymore.

they better at least make them authentic since they are pissing on their own franchise. What a mockery, what clowns are running that organization. lol

This has got to be the saddest REAL/legit article of clothing ive ever seen affiliated to the NBA. I would expect this from some variant gear factory in chinabut being promoted by an Official nba team...smh

Back
Top Bottom