New Mexico St. vs Duke 7et. ESPN2

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

NT's resident Duke rep checking in. I honestly wouldn't get too excited about the squad this year. We have absolutely no frontcourt and no true lead guard. Only thing good about our squad is that we're guard heavy which means our only way to put up points is to run and gun and shoot the 3 ala Phoenix so hopefully they'll be a fun team to watch. Next 2 years we'll be staring mediocrity in the face with no true center on the recruiting radar. It's all good though, I'm just excited college basketball is here.

laugh.gif
thanks for snappin me back to reality
laugh.gif
i think this how all duke fans truly feel about this team...but as afan..before the season starts you like to feel that everyone will overachieve and we'll b better than we actually believe...especially with the freshman wehave..king, singler, and smith..need to play a big role this year since we really havent had a freshman class come in and make an impact in a while which ibelive is a reason why we had a drop off last season....singler needs to be that guy who can give us instant offense...thats what we lacked last year...for thafirst time we didnt have that go to guy in clutch situations like in the past.

Ricardo and devildynasty are the only two rational duke fans on planet earth - yet I always find myself defending the Duke program when people are bashingit... I don't know why.

yet I always find myself defending the Duke program when people are bashing it... I don't know why.
That's because everyone who hates Duke outside of UNC fans don't have a justified reason for hating them. Don't worry Craftsy,I've saved a seat for you on the wagon
wink.gif

singler needs to be that guy who can give us instant offense...thats what we lacked last year...for tha first time we didnt have that go to guy in clutch situations like in the past.

Singler is the best player on the team, but the problem is he will be playing out of position for a substantial amount of time due to there being no true PF or a C good enough to play college ball (Zoubek doesnt count). He needs to get the ball on the wing anywhere between 15 and 20 feet.... Hes got midrange fordays. Be warned though that there will be a point this season where Singler is gonna fade and you aren't gonna see him put up big numbers that he should.

As for the streakiest shooter in the country, King, he will have games where he goes lights out and gets 20 points on 6-8 3-point shooting and he startspulling up for 30 feet (seriously).....then there will be games where he shoots 1-7, ends up with 4 points, starts getting down and talking tohimself.....hopefully he can stay getting rebounds like he should. Im curious to see if he is gonna keep up with the speed of ACC play.

Duke is gonna be one team im gonna watch every game I can.....Singler and King are my dudes and I hope they do well.

hopefully he can stay getting rebounds like he should. Im curious to see if he is gonna keep up with the speed of ACC play.
If you can't play defense, you're not gonna see court time at Duke, word to Coach K and I know King isn't the fleetest of foot sohopefully his offense will be above average this year and keep him on the court. Better watch game tapes of Lee Melchionni and see what his secretwas
laugh.gif

I hate Duke more than anyone on this board, but i'm actually excited to see them play tonight and see what the hype with these freshman is all about.They've been scoring like CRAZY...

great win tonight. Was real happy early but we shouldn't have let them boys from NM back in. Didn't elijah Ingrim was gone. One of my fave players backat St. Johns

Back
Top Bottom