New Nas The Don

Song is dope but it's very funny how we have such high standards for good rappers. Nas has good lyrics and flow on this and the beat is fine I can deal with it. But some of you might say the song is trash because of the beat but then you will go listen to some garbage rapper who has no flow or lyrics and his beats sound like some Fruity Loops $!#@ and you will vibe with that but not this.

Standards are a %#**@ sometimes.

The lyrics were on point, but after the first listen I didn't really care for the beat that much.  I guess I will have to hear it some more.

Originally Posted by cycoviZion

This beat 
indifferent.gif

Nas wont rap over the joints 9th Wonder sends him but gets on this
laugh.gif

Well we all know Nas raps over anything Salaam Remi gives him unfortunately
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

But I moreso think he got on this because of Heavy D ... But like it has been said Esco always brings the bars with him
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Discern

Song is dope but it's very funny how we have such high standards for good rappers. Nas has good lyrics and flow on this and the beat is fine I can deal with it. But some of you might say the song is trash because of the beat but then you will go listen to some garbage rapper who has no flow or lyrics and his beats sound like some Fruity Loops $!#@ and you will vibe with that but not this.

Standards are a %#**@ sometimes.

Agreed. I don't get how people can appreciate music totally when they have standards/expectations before they listen to every song/album. IMO consistently having expectations takes away from truly appreciating music. But hey its NT where everyone is a music critic or A&R. SMH

I think some folks are listening to the "beat" a little too much. Listen to the song as a whole. Nas provides all the added percussion this track needs, imo.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

This track is fiyah! Can't wait to bump this in the whip tomorrow!

I actually dig the beat selection from Nas on this one. Nice old school vibe and the Super Cat sample!
pimp.gif

Same here

Back
Top Bottom