New Orleans NT'ers lmk what's up in your city.....

had to write this down thanks

Just to add more to what I said last year

-If you're in town with wifey go to Snug Harbor and eat great burgers while listening to live Jazz music. Also order the restaurant special drink called the Monsoon . It's a fruity drink but You'll feel the buzz almost instantly. Check out there yelp
http://m.yelp.com/biz/snug-harbor-jazz-bistro-new-orleans

Also if you come in town during the NBA season try to come to a pelicans game. Anthony Davis is godly to watch in person, wish our team got enough national exposure cause of that but you have to watch him in person. If you buy tickets an hour before the game on the StubHub app you can usually find tickets in the 100 level for 25-50 dollars depending on the team they are playing. If you want to watch the Saints play then you may have to cough up 250+ just for the nose bleeds.

Make sure to go to Cafe du Monde in the morning and enjoy the beignets and the nice sights of the city.

Don't stay here too long though because you will be bored real soon unless it's Mardi Gras season, New Orleans just isn't as fun as the media portrays it to be.

Buying Pelicans tickets a hour before the game is fax

Wouldn't say you would get bored quick in New Orleans just depends on the weekend/week you come. Mardi Gras is a little overrated anyway :\

Just to add more to what I said last year

-If you're in town with wifey go to Snug Harbor and eat great burgers while listening to live Jazz music. Also order the restaurant special drink called the Monsoon . It's a fruity drink but You'll feel the buzz almost instantly. Check out there yelp
http://m.yelp.com/biz/snug-harbor-jazz-bistro-new-orleans

Also if you come in town during the NBA season try to come to a pelicans game. Anthony Davis is godly to watch in person, wish our team got enough national exposure cause of that but you have to watch him in person. If you buy tickets an hour before the game on the StubHub app you can usually find tickets in the 100 level for 25-50 dollars depending on the team they are playing. If you want to watch the Saints play then you may have to cough up 250+ just for the nose bleeds.

Make sure to go to Cafe du Monde in the morning and enjoy the beignets and the nice sights of the city.

Don't stay here too long though because you will be bored real soon unless it's Mardi Gras season, New Orleans just isn't as fun as the media portrays it to be.

Yea not going with the significant other, going for a bachelor party (mine actually) :lol: arriving the saturday before fat tuesday (mardi gras).

Buying Pelicans tickets a hour before the game is fax

Wouldn't say you would get bored quick in New Orleans just depends on the weekend/week you come. Mardi Gras is a little overrated anyway :\

Yea you're right , guess I been here too long that's it's just weak to me now but a tourist should enjoy

Yea not going with the significant other, going for a bachelor party (mine actually) :lol: arriving the saturday before fat tuesday (mardi gras).

Perfect timing man, you'll enjoy it. Oh yea if you need to take a taxi don't use Uber just stick with the local taxi cabs. Make sure to get on a street car whenever accessible, hella cheap.

hey all ! I'll be in New Orleans next week June 25-29. Any good shoe boutiques I should have to hit up? I'm looking at all the food suggestions in this thread and all seem really good. suggestions on dance clubs or nightlife activities? Going there for a bachelor party ! 

My guy is going down there for mardi gras and he said it was like $2500 for flight and hotel for the couple of days he's staying there. I'm like that's too rich for my blood

when did your boy book his flight? I just booked my round trip from LA and flight came out to $229.00

This City was fun

hand grenades are lethal
balconies and beads are a must if you're there for mardi gras
beads for **** is easy :lol:
beignets
and Willie Mae's fried chicken

I'm down to go again haha

Heading down for Seahawks / Halloween weekend. Any new info? :nerd:

Protect your neck and get ready for some lolz when it comes to costumes...especially down Bourbon went two years back to back for Halloween

Voodoo fest is popping also

Planning on going next month during Mardi Gras dolo as a birthday treat. The only thing is I can't decide if I should go during the all star weekend or the week after since my birthday is on the 24th.

I really want to go check out the all star game or all star Saturday night but those tickets are insanely expensive :x. I know it's going to be chaotic as well with all the celebrities in town for that weekend.

Someone recommend to stay in a Garden District hotel which is further away from all the Mardi Gras festivities. I hear all this chatter about bourbon. I'm from NYC and someone said it's like the Times Square of New York?

I'm interested in the swamp tour they have there too. Planning on staying for the weekend but can't decide between which.

Can you guys recommend some other things to do and see since it's been a few months that the thread was last updated. Thanks my guys

Last edited:
Anyone else? 

does mardi gras parades run throughout February or just on that February 28th date?

I'm from NYC and someone said it's like the Times Square of New York?

LMAO... no not all.

Mardi Gras starts two weeks before the actual observed day. Parades everywhere in Louisiana.... Houma has the best parades imo

View media item 2298985

So I'll be there on the 17 and 18. What parades do you guys recommend on those days? Also, I see the ones only in blue are active, so I'm guessing the others got cancelled?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom