New Orleans Pelicans???

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

Last edited:
i guess some of you forgot about the history of some of these teams with the names.

Pelicans are intimidating as hell tho, dambbbbbb

Some names make sense some don't. Pelicans sounds silly but in two years we'll be used to it.

If you think the Rivercats are bad, you need to look at other minor league team names 
laugh.gif

Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Albuquerque Isotopes

Nashville Sounds

Lehigh Valley IronPigs

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders

Toledo Mud Hens

New Britain Rock Cats

New Hampshire Fisher Cats

Portland Sea Dogs

Reading Fighting Phils

Richmond Flying Squirrels 

Last edited by a moderator:
If the design of the pelican isn't all stupid-angry and intense then it'll be great. Whatever happened to animals/mascots that didn't look like they were on their Charles Bronson revenge mode steez?
Agreed. I dont like that all teams mascots have to look angry. I like it when teams have unimposing mascots sometimes, when the team is good i think that it adds to the swag 
pimp.gif

I, for example, go to Syracuse and have always liked (in recent years) the cute, unimposing Otto the Orange mascot much more than the one that is all angry looking, We have a ******g citrus fruit as our mascot, why are we trying to make it look tough?? 
laugh.gif

I have always been more under the mindset to not only accept but embrace that our mascot isnt all "hard" or "tough" and make it our own, and just play tough and hard when it counts. Adds to Otto's swag and Syracuse's IMO. Same has been the case with other unimposing looking mascots that i have personally liked over the years.

I dont mind the Pelicans at all. Its the state bird so at least its relevant, and i like that its original, rather than using irrelevant cliche **** like the Bobcats or the Thunder. 
mean.gif

I think they can make it work, as long as they dont make the mascot all angry looking like I said above but rather just embrace the unimposingness of a Pelican mascot. And hopefully also keep with the flashy NO color scheme they've been rocking like with their Mardi Gras Jerseys especially.

Would have been dope though if they just got the Jazz name back and Utah changed their name, because New Orleans Jazz is dope and Utah Jazz makes no ******g sense at all. Also liked New Orleans Krewe, but at least we can get the Charlotte Hornets back, been saying that as well as New Orleans Jazz should happen for awhile now.

But I do like the Pelicans alot although I seem to be in the minority. +1 for relevance, +1 for originality, +2 if they make the mascot unimposing and cartoony looking and design the jerseys with the flashy color scheme IMO.

Was definitely way more disappointed in the ******g Thunder. Such a stupid *** unoriginal cop-out nickname, with a stupid ******g logo that looks like the Knicks logo with Thunder replacing the Knicks. I still hate to like that team especially cause I liked the Sonics, and still feel that basketball belongs in Seattle more than OKC.

OKC Outlaws or OKC Barons would have been fire though 
pimp.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
i guess some of you forgot about the history of some of these teams with the names.

Pelicans are intimidating as hell tho, dambbbbbb
I stand corrected. Damn nature, you scary.
If the design of the pelican isn't all stupid-angry and intense then it'll be great. Whatever happened to animals/mascots that didn't look like they were on their Charles Bronson revenge mode steez?
If they make it funny looking then yeah, it has to be cartoony, and the bottm half of the beak has to be huge and look like a cereal bowl.

shoulda changed the entire color palette.. cause blue/red and gold.. not a bigfan.. they should've done something with green, purple and gold.. like they did with their mardi gras jerseys
Speaking of colors, I wish every city was like Pittsburgh where all sports teams have same color scheme.

[quote name="Th3RealF0lkBlu3s"]
**** of here :lol:
If you guys could write the history of the NBA, every bad thing that has ever happened would be blamed on the Lakers. The strikes, MJ retiring, Nick Young.[/quote]Was going to say the same damn thing. :lol:

:rofl: :lol: @ lobotomybeats

And on the topic of cities w/ the same color schemes, 2 teams of the same sport in the same city messes that up. Sure, the Mets & Knicks can share colors, but the Yankees can't be the same
color as the Mets.

Last edited:
Why should the Lakers be held responsible for what other teams choose to do? If they're picking awful names because the Lakers didn't change theirs then they're imitating us in the wrong way.
I think what he is saying is it should have started with the Lakers. When they moved to Los Angeles the name should have changed; if they would have done so it would have been the norm for moving teams to do the same.

So if I bring up the Dodgers, the response is just going to be "Oh, but that's baseball," right?

Back
Top Bottom