New Pick Up Today

Just got him this morning. He's 10 weeks old, pure bred Waimaraner. Pretty cool so far. He's mad chill and follows me everywhere around the house. Gladto have a big dog in the house since my wife has a Yorkie.

cute
smile.gif

Spoiler [+]
im talking about you

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Great dogs.

Yeah. He's really attached to me right now. Kinda worried about that when I have to work. A little trouble walking him since he isn't use to the leashand doesn't like it at all.

pimp.gif

I've got a German Shorthair. Very similar dogs.
They're very territorial/ protective breeds as most German bred dogs are. They're also not buddy buddy dogs with strangers. They're not aggressiveat all but they're always wary.
The Weimaraner also has a tendency towards acquiring separation anxiety. Make sure to train him starting now to be comfortable being alone for extended periodsof time.

As a general rule with gundogs/ hunting dogs don't expect them to be as obedient as working/herding dogs. They were bred with a certain independence inorder to do their job and sometimes their instincts are just too powerful.

Overall great dogs though.

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

why is he look mad depress next to you though

laugh.gif
That't the same thing I said when I saw the pics. But he's been with the breeder with his brothers and sisters for the past 10 weeks. I am prettysure he missed them. He wants to play with the Yorkie but she's having none of that.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

pimp.gif

I've got a German Shorthair. Very similar dogs.
They're very territorial/ protective breeds as most German bred dogs are. They're also not buddy buddy dogs with strangers. They're not aggressive at all but they're always wary.
The Weimaraner also has a tendency towards acquiring separation anxiety. Make sure to train him starting now to be comfortable being alone for extended periods of time.

As a general rule with gundogs/ hunting dogs don't expect them to be as obedient as working/herding dogs. They were bred with a certain independence in order to do their job and sometimes their instincts are just too powerful.

Overall great dogs though.

Thanks for the info. I've been contemplating getting this breed of dog for the past couple years. We didn't get one when we lived in the UK because wehad a small house. Since we moved back to the states and have a huge house now, I had to pull the trigger.

I guess I do need to get him use to being alone because we tried to run to the grocery store real quick and he started whining. We ended up loading him up andtaking him along.

Back
Top Bottom