NEW PICKUP BMW 535Xi...Vol 2 TURBOS, 4 DOORS, 4 WHEEL POWER.

[COLOR=#red]Decided to scoop me a car. Loved my 2010 Maxima SV Sport, good power excellent handling, nice size, looks great. But I always felt that I didn't have a true Sport sedan because it was FWD and has a CVT.

On to the next one...found a BEAUTIFUL deal on a 2008 535Xi with decent mileage, spotless CarFax, and detailed maintenance records. I test drove it and yes the power is CRAZY. Ok not Corvette, 911, GTR crazy, but dam this is a heavy a** four door and I'm being thrown back in my seat type fast. BMW rates the N54 3.0L Twin Turbo at 300HP and 300lb feet of torque. But it is well documented that BMW was conservative with those numbers and it's more like 330HP-350HP and 300+lb feet of torque. 0-60 comes in at 5.3 seconds on the high side, and as low as 5.0. The AWD feels different...sorta like you are being pushed and pulled at the same dam time, but it does feel very stable and secure at very high speeds, and even in the rain.

All 535's have the adaptive xenon headlamps that swing left and right while you are turning to illuminate the curve. The transmission has a weird (at first) gear shifter. Takes a little getting used to, but I like it overall. iDrive is nice for those who like to have stuff to mess with in the car. It has more settings than you could ever mess with. I installed the .pdf manual on my iPad so I don't have to have that huge instruction manual in my glovebox.

My upgrades will be tinted windows...better wheels (NT please give me suggestions), and the Vishnu Procede perfomance chip. The Procede chip can give an extra 50HP and 70 lb feet of Torque.

BTW I have an extended warranty for it...no way should anyone one a Bimmer without a warranty ESPECIALLY with turbos.[/COLOR]

View media item 204203

babymama whip

jk nice pickup papi

Last edited:
you went from wanting a panamera to the old gen 5 though? you were talkin about the panamera for a while.

Last edited:
HEMI>>>>

but really, get a Dinan tune and that thing will be rather beastly. Costs a lot but its comes with its own warranty which is damn good.

Last edited:
Congrats.

-Tune

-M-Sport Kit

-Matte black Kidneys

-Tint

-Avant Garde wheels

You'll be good to go papi.

[COLOR=#red]Preciate it my dudes...It's comfortable for me. My legs stretch out in it (even though nobody except a kid can sit behind me). Excellent head room, shoulder room is cool too. I test drove a used 7 Series and though it was TRUE luxury and more of a balla type car, I didn't like how big it was. Felt like a boat compared to the 5. But if I was trying to floss I would have definitely gotten the 7. I actually like to drive and the 5 is more of a drivers car.

Yeah I know chicks drive 5's, but trust and believe when I'm drop shifting and punching it I'm not thinking bout no chick :rofl:. I need to replace the wheels quickly though...they aren't a great example of stock wheels. Heck my Maxima with those 19's that come with the Sport are much better.[/COLOR]

Nice pickup. How long is that extended warranty and what does it cover? Btw nice thread title, sounds like a catchphrase for a movie :lol:

you went from wanting a panamera to the old gen 5 though? you were talkin about the panamera for a while.

[COLOR=#red]Dude, plans changed. I was going to deploy to Afghanistan again and pay for a Pannie... I decided not to deploy for one, and two the Panamera is getting too popular for me to pay that much for a car. Here in Houston I see waaay too many, and I'm not paying 80k+ to be seeing one all the time.

I'm in Grad school now, once I finish (I'll be in the OIL$$ Industry) I have to buy the lady a car. Then after that I'll get my dream car which as of now is the Jaguar XKR-S.[/COLOR]

Congrats.

-Tune
-M-Sport Kit
-Matte black Kidneys
-Tint
-Avant Garde wheels

You'll be good to go papi.

[COLOR=#red]Good looks on the preliminary upgrade list. Gradually I'll get it done similar to that.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
nice pickup g, lol you threw the kapsi plates on it early..
more pics of whip in sunlight please?

[COLOR=#red]My dudes, I'm in no way under the impression that this pick up is the best of the best. I'm no Ben Baller, and I'm not that 19 year old kid whose dad bought him a GTR. It's a used last generation Bimmer...but I'm grateful with whatever I get. Had I copped an Camry SE I would have still posted it. Thanks for sharing the goodwill with my pickup. I'll be the first guy big upping the next man when he shows his pick ups.[/COLOR]

you aint gettin any yambs with dat aint even an M, b.

nice pick up fam :pimp:

you'll always get the hate posts when you post about some car you just bought. as long as you're happy, that's obviously what's most important. that being said....shoulda got an E class :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom