New Planet Vol. Just like Earth this time

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...011/12/05/BA511M8I5O.DTL

My bags are packed.

(12-05) 12:03 PST MOUNTAIN VIEW -- NASA researchershave found the first new planet that bears an uncanny resemblance toEarth, with balmy 72-degree temperatures and, possibly, water.

The planet sits in the so-called "Goldilocks zone" where the planetcould support life and is neither too close nor too far from a sun,researchers said.

"This is major milestone on the road to finding Earth's twin," said Douglas Hudgins, a NASA scientist.

Kepler-22b is 600 light-years away and has a radius abouttwo-and-a-half times the size of Earth, researchers said. It takes 290days to orbit around its sun, which is slightly smaller and cooler thanours.

Researchers first spotted the planet in 2009, and have spent thelast two years confirming that it orbits a sun and sits in a "habitablezone" that could likely support liquid water and, possibly,extraterrestrial life.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/05/BA511M8I5O.DTL#ixzz1fj9ZFXza

1 step closer
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FOG

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

1/187349873249 step closer
pimp.gif
Fixed.

It's progress, but we ain't seeing this happen.

True 
ohwell.gif
,just happy to see some type of progress. I pray that I'll be alive the day we find some sort of life outside of this planet.

i wanna be alive when they release google universe. actually google universes lol. with streetview of course.

Why spend money on this useless information in which no actions will be taken on when money could be spent elsewhere?

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Why spend money on this useless information in which no actions will be taken on when money could be spent elsewhere?

QFT.
30t6p3b.gif

Man I just wana be alive when they find out if there is life on another planet.
pimp.gif

I was just watching that movie 'Another Earth' and then hear about this.

Does anyone else think that they might have just found us too and that they call themselves Earth and to them we are Kepler-22b?

Back
Top Bottom