New Report: Majority of Snap Recipients Are White

superb

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/28/food-stamp-demographics_n_6771938.html

WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.

"I come from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks,'" Alday said to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, earlier this month. "They don't work."

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.
So disrespectful.
mean.gif

It makes sense.
If that survey is accurate, then welfare really benefiting whites. So, the image in my mind ( and many others) of the poor single black mother
as the face/main beneficiary of this gov'ment aid is this is inaccurate since, proportionately, a higher percentage of white participate than blacks.

I was thinking snapchat initally too..

Last edited:
Everybody knows this but believe politicians . All those ploygamist wives get a HUGE portion of government assistance

It makes sense.
If that survey is accurate, then welfare really benefiting whites. So, the image in my mind ( and many others) of the poor single black mother
as the face/main beneficiary of this gov'ment aid is this is inaccurate since, proportionately, a higher percentage of white participate than blacks.

I was thinking snapchat initally too..

Everybody knows this but believe politicians . All those ploygamist wives get a HUGE portion of government assistance

You do know these stats aren't really giving you any real information.

Hasn't this been posted before?

I remember some NTer came in with a whole bunch of stats that went against everybody and everybody had their jimmies rustled. :lol:

Obviously there are more whites then blacks in this country unless this is saying 40% of all whites vs. 25% of all blacks which i highly doubt.
Must be nice to think snap meant snap chat when

It's saying 40% of people who use the program are white while 25% of users are black

It's saying 40% of people who use the program are white while 25% of users are black

You can't be that slow.

I don't even know what snap chat is.

40% of 1000 is 400

25% of 1000 is 250.

That's how you see it and that's how it's presented.

Which is misleading and flat out WRONG.

Of there's 1000 people on food stamps...

40% of them are white... 25% are black...

That means 400 of those food stamp recipients are white...

And 250 of those food stamp recipients ate black.

50M / 330M = 15%

198M / 330M = 58%

So, if you reduce it to the same amount to even the ratio...

For every 1 black person, there are 4 white people...

For every 1 black person on welfare, there are 1.6....

Meaning there's a larger percentage of black people compared to black people that are on food stamps...

Than there are white people compared to white people on food stamps...

But this doesn't take into consideration, what I've been saying on this site for months...

Is there are MORE POOR BLSCK PEOPLE relative to black people

Than there are poor white people compared to white people...

27% to 9%

Of there's 1000 people on food stamps...

40% of them are white... 25% are black...

That means 400 of those food stamp recipients are white...

And 250 of those food stamp recipients ate black.

50M / 330M = 15%

198M / 330M = 58%

So, if you reduce it to the same amount to even the ratio...

For every 1 black person, there are 4 white people...

For every 1 black person on welfare, there are 1.6....

Meaning there's a larger percentage of black people compared to black people that are on food stamps...

Than there are white people compared to white people on food stamps...

But this doesn't take into consideration, what I've been saying on this site for months...

Is there are MORE POOR BLSCK PEOPLE relative to black people

Than there are poor white people compared to white people...

27% to 9%
Fax, I was just pointing out how ridiculous and irresponsible it is to put out a report like that regardless.

If they manipulated that in favor of white people NT would be up in arms right now.

I'm just fighting fair, no kisses in da mouth. 

When you account for poor people... Which is BY FAR the most telling statistic population wise, the numbers get tilted...

27% of the black people are poor compared to 9% of white...

So there are 50M x 27% = 14M poor black people and 200M x 9% = 18M poor white people...

That ratio of poor black to poor white...

1.29... Which is actually LOWER than the food stamp ratio... Which would mean poor white people are receiving food stamps at a higher clip than poor black people...

Keep trying to tell y'all... Its not about black or white... Its about economic situation.

You can't be that slow.

I don't even know what snap chat is.

40% of 1000 is 400

25% of 1000 is 250.

That's how you see it and that's how it's presented.

Which is misleading and flat out WRONG.

The snap chat comment wasnt posted for you. NT saved the draft and added it to my post

As for the other comment, I only deciphered what was presented in the article. Of course I know there are a higher percentage of poor blacks then poor whites but that's not what this article is pointing out.

The snap chat comment wasnt posted for you. NT saved the draft and added it to my post

As for the other comment, I only deciphered what was presented in the article. Of course I know there are a higher percentage of poor blacks then poor whites but that's not what this article is pointing out.
I point out that there are more poor blacks relative to their total population than their white counterpart...

Because people quickly bring up that there are more whites in total than there are blacks

Back
Top Bottom