New Shakira Video. Sorry if I'm late, but damn.....

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Originally Posted by NikFiend

I never was able to stand the way she sang. I kinda hate it
laugh.gif

but she's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Gotta watch the video on mute. And replace it with Freaky Gurl.
Yeah because listening to Gucci is a lot more hotter better.
dont hate on Gucci man..

I actually use to enjoy her music because my sister use to play it 24/7...literally. But this is pretty bad.

With that sad, she looks completely amazing. I've always had a thing for her. 10 strokes tops is all I need.
smokin.gif

You guys know NOTHING about Shakira's music, she comes out of left field with every new album how can some of ya'll even call her a sell-out?

She has been mainstream from day 1 and is known globally.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You guys know NOTHING about Shakira's music, she comes out of left field with every new album how can some of ya'll even call her a sell-out?

Of course she was already a crossover artist when she was doing her Latin alternative music. I would say she was more like a hippy Latina versonof Alanis Morissette. I am not implying she is a sell-out because of her crossover from singing Spanish to English music. I would say she was not as muchconcentrated on her sex appeal during that era in her musical career. She did not rely on her looks as much. However, right when she wanted to break into theNorth American music market, she changed her looks to more of this sex vixen and relied on her sex appeal and body to sell music in English. She also changedher looks and died her hair blonde for the Laundry Service album maybe to appeal more to the North American audiences. It was definitely a move on her part andthe record company to mold her into this packaged sultry sexy songstress. No different than the route pop tarts like Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears tookby selling music through their sex appeal and looks. So, I see her as a sell-out in those terms, not just because she is "mainstream".

Despite the fact she can sound like a dying cat to me at times, she is a beautiful talented woman and more power to her in getting all the success she can get,even if that means she had to mold herself through sex appeal. The Shakira back then would not have done a video like the new one posted in here. She waspurely more about just the music.

damn shes hot but the music is horrible... and i think she is trying too hard

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Of course she was already a crossover artist when she was doing her Latin alternative music. I would say she was more like a hippy Latina verson of Alanis Morissette. I am not implying she is a sell-out because of her crossover from singing Spanish to English music. I would say she was not as much concentrated on her sex appeal during that era in her musical career. She did not rely on her looks as much. However, right when she wanted to break into the North American music market, she changed her looks to more of this sex vixen and relied on her sex appeal and body to sell music in English. She also changed her looks and died her hair blonde for the Laundry Service album maybe to appeal more to the North American audiences. It was definitely a move on her part and the record company to mold her into this packaged sultry sexy songstress. No different than the route pop tarts like Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears took by selling music through their sex appeal and looks. So, I see her as a sell-out in those terms, not just because she is "mainstream".

Despite the fact she can sound like a dying cat to me at times, she is a beautiful talented woman and more power to her in getting all the success she can get, even if that means she had to mold herself through sex appeal. The Shakira back then would not have done a video like the new one posted in here. She was purely more about just the music.
Couple of things...

Seen her in concert, from a LONG, LONG way away from the stage...loved every minute of it...this coming from a dude that normally rolls with Tool, Metallicaand Led Zeppelin...

Another thing...she is always changing her hair color, long before she was a household name in the US...she is VERY talented...I have no idea about her lastcouple of albums, but when Laundry Service came out I read an article and a record executive was quoted as calling her the "female version ofPrince"...

She wrote, produced, sang and played instruments on all of her albums...

She is beyond talented musical...

LASTLY...she is smokin' hot...so, why not shake it?

JM

I still think Shakira is the same way.. =/

She still dances all weird in the video, like she used to
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom