New Shots BMW 7 Series Sport Package - Not M7 vol KayCurrency!!!

There is still tape on the Chrome Slats on the front and back of the car. I have a feeling this one isgoing to be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Link: http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090605.012/bmw-7-series-m-sport-package-spotted-uncovered--its-no-m7

Earlier this week, we brought you the first spy photos of what was thought to be the long awaited BMW M7.

attachment.php

Now that our spies have managed to catch the car completely uncovered, we're left thinking this prototype is nothing more than a standard BMW 7-Series outfitted with a new M-sports package.

After closer analysis, you can clearly see that this 7-Series lacks several key M styling characteristics such as quad exhaust pipes and front fender M logo gills. What about the power bulge on the hood? Previously we've seen various BMW prototypes wearing a similar hood bulge most likely making way for diagnostic equipment used in powertrain testing. All of these omissions virtually rule out the possibly of this being the highly anticipated M7.

Despite lacking the X5 M's 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 engine, with 555 horsepower (408kW) and 500 lb-ft (678Nm) of torque, the car features a dynamic appearance thanks to more aggressive bumpers and new wheels.

When (or if) BMW will unveil the M7 remains a mystery, but judging by your reaction, it can't come soon enough.

17716852472724.jpg

19683912505342.jpg

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

i just left the lot a minute ago and saw one. very nice

That is the crazy part... Pictures do this car absolutely no justice. I saw an all black with black tint on the highway yesterday... There aint anythingtouching it right now in its class... And I loved the S

eyes.gif
they could'a did a better job on the trunk with a subtle raisedwing spoiler and and extended lip on the front bumber...

ide rather just have a modded 745 with a body kit....but then ide have no manual..
tired.gif
....o hell!

The LS was NOT a rip off of the 7 series, it looks nothing like it, the NEW 7 series definitely jacked the rear design of the Lexus LS, not to mention theLexus LS> 7 series, the 7 series is ridiculously over rated, its the only bmw i would never want to own, nice car yea, but the Mercedes S class and Lexus LSmodels outshine the 7 sorry.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

The LS was NOT a rip off of the 7 series, it looks nothing like it, the NEW 7 series definitely jacked the rear design of the Lexus LS, not to mention the Lexus LS> 7 series, the 7 series is ridiculously over rated, its the only bmw i would never want to own, nice car yea, but the Mercedes S class and Lexus LS models outshine the 7 sorry.

LOL yeah whatever. The 7 series - S Class - Lexus LS are all in the same class but cater to very different drivers.

And here are the rears. The F01 rear is simply an evolution of the e65 rear.

Try again

lexus_ls600h_lluxurysedan_2008_exterior_rearview_640x480.jpg

honda_odyssey_ex_2008_exterior_6_346x270.jpg

2009bmw7_1280_11.jpg

The F01 lights are just the e65 lights flipped upside down!

7892204_66fbb61944.jpg

The LS was NOT a rip off of the 7 series, it looks nothing like it, the NEW 7 series definitely jacked the rear design of the Lexus LS, not to mention the Lexus LS> 7 series, the 7 series is ridiculously over rated, its the only bmw i would never want to own, nice car yea, but the Mercedes S class and Lexus LS models outshine the 7 sorry.

i just saw one of these driving around its nice but not a huge step up like Mercedes made with their cars this year

As a matter of fact here are some quotes from reviews when the new LS came out in 2007

http://www.epinions.com/review/2007_Lexus_LS_1/content_292586425988

Lexus has been more of a design pioneer inside its cars, with a focus on usability, and the new LS continues this tradition. They might have copied BMW on the outside, but there's no Bavarian influence to be found on the inside.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/fullreview/lexus_ls-460_2007

The broader shoulders of the LS460 are subtly familiar, bringing to mind the new Mercedes S-Class. But BMW is clearly also a strong influence in the rear, with the 460's high decklid unmistakably reminiscent of the 7-Series' "Bangle butt."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB113698707458043712.html

But at this year's North American International Auto Show, designs resembling Mr. Bangle's work are cropping up in cars from several BMW rivals, including Toyota Motor Corp.'s new Camry and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class from DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes division, both of which sport raised trunks.
[BMW chief designer Chris Bangle]

"Suddenly, everyone is trying to do the kind of styling for which the auto journalists criticized the BMW group so loudly," BMW Chief Executive Helmut Panke crowed at a dinner with reporters here. "You look at the Camry rear end and you see another 7 Series. It is not the 'Bangle butt' anymore."

The new LS 460 from Toyota's Lexus brand also has a profile that almost exactly follows that of the 7 Series, while models from Nissan Motor Co.'s Inifiniti brand have moved to a modernist styling.

OB-AA333_bangle_20060111133659.jpg

From top, the 2001 BMW 740i, the BMW 745i after Mr. Bangle's redesign and the 2007 Lexus LS 460

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobeat/archives/2006/01/chris_bangles_l.html

Leftlane news notes today that BMW Group Chief Designer Christopher Bangle has gone from car design pariah to messiah, based on the fleet of BMW look-alike models cropping up on rivals' stands at the Detroit Auto Show this week. Mild-mannered Toyota, which once mimicked Mercedes' staid lines, is now clearly aiming now at high-flying BMW with the more emotional styling of its new IS and LS models. Even rival Mercedes, which lost the global lead in premium car sales to BMW this year, is taking on Bimmer attributes, with models that boast a more muscular, dynamic stance - just look at the new S Class.

Pay attention to the last quote in particular. Toyota and the rest of the Japanese auto makers have a LONG HISTORY of copying German designs. This does notmean they don't make cars because they do. You are just very misinformed when you say that BMW copied Lexus. It is actuallythe other way around. This is not my opinion. It is actually fact.

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

eyes.gif
they could'a did a better job on the trunk with a subtle raised wing spoiler and and extended lip on the front bumber...

ide rather just have a modded 745 with a body kit....but then ide have no manual..
tired.gif
....o hell!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ST0NEFAYCE

Originally Posted by MOEree5e

eyes.gif
they could'a did a better job on the trunk with a subtle raised wing spoiler and and extended lip on the front bumber...

tired.gif
....o hell!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
I'm a noob, what's wrong with that?

Crack in automobile form
pimp.gif
...They're talking about an "M7" coming out in 2011.... The 760's are coming out in 2010

Im hoping to maybe have a F01 by 2011...IDK though...

Back
Top Bottom