New Tiananmen square photo. (What it really looked like)

pig love

Banned
[h2]The Uncropped Tiananmen Square Photo is Terrifying[/h2]
June 7, 2012 at 8:27 AMLeave a comment

We’ve all seen this photo of a lone man standing in front of a tank during the June, 1989 pro-democracy protests in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square:

Now, all of a sudden, an uncropped version of the photo is making the rounds and it is terrifying:

The new version, showing the man standing in front of that long, long line of tanks, all alone, puts his bravery and determination into a new light.

Incredible.

Larger version here.

pimp.gif
@ that guys bravery

the first pic has a lamp post but in the "uncrop" version I do not see the same lamps

Maybe its just me or the angle, but why the first pic the first 4 tanks looks like in a kind of a straight line and the second pic looks scatters...catch my drift?

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Maybe its just me or the angle, but why the first pic the first 4 tanks looks like in a kind of a straight line and the second pic looks scatters...catch my drift?
The pictures weren't taken at the same exact time...the first picture must have been taken a couple minutes after the second one...

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

I'm guessing that the close up pic was taken after the wider shot.

Oh ok, I thought the second pic was suppose to be a un cropped version of the first one.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

you're still posting? No shame...

I've been making new profiles all day, I just thought I'd throw in something for my fans to read.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I remember the story of the photographer who took it. American i think, was in his hotel and then took it stories up and finally when police grew suspicion to him he hid the undeveloped film in the toilet, he took the top part off and put the film there. police searched the whole room up and down he came back and got it. He said if anyone flushed the toilet the photo would be gone forever

Back
Top Bottom