New to Boston and the States

Fellow NTers... just moved to Boston 3 weeks ago.

Anyone got recommendations of what to do? Spots to go to? Places to ball? Restaurants to eat at?

I've done the touristy stuff like the Freedom Trail. More interested in knowing what the locals do here for leisure and entertainment.

Appreciate it.

Fellow NTers... just moved to Boston 3 weeks ago.

Anyone got recommendations of what to do? Spots to go to? Places to ball? Restaurants to eat at?

I've done the touristy stuff like the Freedom Trail. More interested in knowing what the locals do here for leisure and entertainment.

Appreciate it.

If you're more specific I can help you out. What do you like to eat? What do you do for fun? How old are? What part of the city you in?

Oh and welcome homie :smile:

If you're more specific I can help you out. What do you like to eat? What do you do for fun? How old are? What part of the city you in?

Oh and welcome homie :smile:

Thanks man!
Literally eat anything. Enjoy balling, movies and just chilling with a drink here an there.
I'm 26 man, and living close to downtown for a while

Thanks man!
Literally eat anything. Enjoy balling, movies and just chilling with a drink here an there.
I'm 26 man, and living close to downtown for a while

Hoop:
http://www.cambridgeathletic.com/cac-basketball-leagues/

Also in Cambridge is the Cambridgeside Galleria with a Foot Locker HOH.

Niketown and the best apparel shops are on Newbury St., Boylston st., Shops at Prudential. Sticker price for everything pretty much.

The seaport and waterfront has come a LONG way and is the best during the summer. Outdoor bars and restaurants with plenty of the 20-40 crowd. If you like seafood, it's def the best area in the city, either on the north end or Eastie. Just do a Yelp for waterfront Boston and you should be Gucci.

Speaking of the North End, they have feasts pretty much every weekend during the summer. It's the Italian section of the city, so there are dozens of great restaurants for all budgets, including street vendors during the feast weekends. I personally like Joey Bova's bakery for grab and go. Pizza, calzone, cannoli, all that. Will not disappoint. The feasts are cool for eating, drinking, people watching, bring a date, etc. Here's a list of the feast weekends, but make sure you're looking specifically for "feasts" not just the processions:

http://www.northendboston.com/visit/feasts/

I'm not into the club scene, but there are a lot if you're into that. Just be warned that this city closes hella early. Royale in the Theatre District was decent as far as clubs go, only because it's huge (I hate tight clubs especially during the humid New England summer). I used to kick it with this girl who was friend's with Kelly Olynyk and he and other Celtics players would always be there.

About a block from that is a strip club called Centerfold's which is actually pretty decent all things considered.

The Middle East in Cambridge is good for live music depending on your preference (I'm into hip hop). The Lox, CNN, Joe Budden...dudes like that come through there annually and shows only cost like $20-30 at the door. I think Nas and Lauryn Hill are together at Blue Hills Bank Pavillion in September. Tickets can be had on the cheap.

Downtown Crossing and Fanueil Hall for mom and pop shopping. Fanueil also has a stretch of good grab and go spots to eat.

West End Johnnie's about a block from the TD Garden is cool for brunch. Bangin omelettes and mimosas with live music...mellow music like folk and jazz that won't annoy you or keep you from conversing.

Best movie theater is on Tremont St.

Eataly is Mario Bottali's new spot which is getting good reviews (only been open a few months):

https://www.eataly.com/us_en/stores/boston/

Anything else that comes to mind I'll fire off.

Hoop:
http://www.cambridgeathletic.com/cac-basketball-leagues/

Also in Cambridge is the Cambridgeside Galleria with a Foot Locker HOH.

Niketown and the best apparel shops are on Newbury St., Boylston st., Shops at Prudential. Sticker price for everything pretty much.

The seaport and waterfront has come a LONG way and is the best during the summer. Outdoor bars and restaurants with plenty of the 20-40 crowd. If you like seafood, it's def the best area in the city, either on the north end or Eastie. Just do a Yelp for waterfront Boston and you should be Gucci.

Speaking of the North End, they have feasts pretty much every weekend during the summer. It's the Italian section of the city, so there are dozens of great restaurants for all budgets, including street vendors during the feast weekends. I personally like Joey Bova's bakery for grab and go. Pizza, calzone, cannoli, all that. Will not disappoint. The feasts are cool for eating, drinking, people watching, bring a date, etc. Here's a list of the feast weekends, but make sure you're looking specifically for "feasts" not just the processions:

http://www.northendboston.com/visit/feasts/

I'm not into the club scene, but there are a lot if you're into that. Just be warned that this city closes hella early. Royale in the Theatre District was decent as far as clubs go, only because it's huge (I hate tight clubs especially during the humid New England summer). I used to kick it with this girl who was friend's with Kelly Olynyk and he and other Celtics players would always be there.

About a block from that is a strip club called Centerfold's which is actually pretty decent all things considered.

The Middle East in Cambridge is good for live music depending on your preference (I'm into hip hop). The Lox, CNN, Joe Budden...dudes like that come through there annually and shows only cost like $20-30 at the door. I think Nas and Lauryn Hill are together at Blue Hills Bank Pavillion in September. Tickets can be had on the cheap.

Downtown Crossing and Fanueil Hall for mom and pop shopping. Fanueil also has a stretch of good grab and go spots to eat.

West End Johnnie's about a block from the TD Garden is cool for brunch. Bangin omelettes and mimosas with live music...mellow music like folk and jazz that won't annoy you or keep you from conversing.

Best movie theater is on Tremont St.

Eataly is Mario Bottali's new spot which is getting good reviews (only been open a few months):

https://www.eataly.com/us_en/stores/boston/

Anything else that comes to mind I'll fire off.

This is perfect. Thanks brother!

Back
Top Bottom