New to this Ebay selling...

solewoman

Staff member
Just a quick question for the experienced ebay sellers...

Whats an acceptable amount of time to wait for payment on an auction?

Long story long..

Sold DS Xii's on ebay on 23 JUL 14.
Buyer hasnt paid.
Sent 3 messages. No response.
Buyer has 100% positive feedback.
Looked at his recent feedback and he has received feedback for two other transactions that were conducted (dated) after mine (granted the feedback could have been delayed) but they both said quick payment great buyer etc.

Should i leave the negative feedback and go ahead and relist?

Here's how eBay works as a dead beat buyer.

1. Bid on multiple times with the same max bid

2. Wait for then to finish

3. Pay for the one with the lowest amount

4. Don't pay the others

You got played

They get a "did not pay" mark that's small and hidden within their bio. If they have little feedback they could just make a new name anyway.

Are you serious? It's only been 48 hours dude chill :smh:Most people pay 3-5 days, some pay right after. It all depends.:smh:

Are you serious? It's only been 48 hours dude chill :smh:Most people pay 3-5 days, some pay right after. It all depends.:smh:

I'm sure it's the ZERO contact that leads to the worry. Someone took the time to buy and can't take 1min to respond to an email?

I'm sure it's the ZERO contact that leads to the worry. Someone took the time to buy and can't take 1min to respond to an email?

This and the fact that he has newer feedback since the date my item ended.

It has been a while since ive sold on ebay. so back when i was more frequent on it like in 2004. You could leave negative feedback so my fault for not knowing that anymore.

I checked out the link that @ illmatickal illmatickal sent a good rule of thumb looks to be 2 days which we are at. so ill give him through tomorrow night.

Communication is key. I had a buyer who legitametely had an issue with his bank and told me it would take longer then expected to pay but if I didn't want to wait he'd agree to cancel the transaction so Id get my fees refunded. I told him to just pay when he got his stuff fixed. He paid 2 weeks later, then paypaled me an extra $30 for working with him which I thought was kinda cool.

As a buyer, I've been upfront with sellers at times when I took longer then expected to pay and usually the communication on both sides goes a long way.

It sucks though that deadbeat buyers aren't held accountable for on ebay though. Its so easy for them to ruin an auction, when you send a second chance offer the runner up might think you were schill bidding. They can bid on a bunch of the same item and only pay for the one that cost the least and nothing happens to them. Hell ebay won't let you include the word "deadbeat" in your listings.

Most my auctions now are buy it now, immediate payment required just to weed out the riff raff. I had some jabroni messaging me asking me why it wouldn't let him do the buy it now. I responded telling him that its immediate payment required. This clown said, why is it like that, can I buy it now and pay you 2 weeks later when I get paid. I just shook my head and laughed

Pro tip: change the requirements for buyers who can bid on your auction in ebay settings.

I just opened a new account, and set buyer requirements to: must have paypal, must have domestic address and must have no more than 1 non paying strike on their account. If you dont meet these 3 requirements, you cant even put a bid in on any of my auctions.

Sold 10 items in the past 2 weeks and everyone has paid immediately with no problems.

How are kicks selling on eBay these days? I have a whole collection I want to let go they are just sitting. Would I be better off selling them on craigslist or book of face?

Have had this same issue. If the buyer doesnt pay after 48 hrs i file a non payment claim. I have relisted a pair of shoes 4 times. Luckily they just sold and buyer paid. 

Buyers have all the power on ebay. There are so many deadbeat buyers now it is ridiculous.

If you are worried about buyers not paying, just open a listing as a buy it now one for 30 days and REQUIRE immediate payment. It'll cost $0.30, but sometimes it may be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom