NEW TRAINER SC HIGH WHITE-NAVY early april- WHITE/'infra'REDS Coming Early JUNE

If the white/reds in June have LEATHER sides (that's what it looks like in that pic), I'm passing.

And I was looking forward to these being identical to the navy joints.

SMH!

new shots in the flesh thanks to an auction site seller:
219xb8h.jpg

what was thought to maybe be a dark grey like other sc trainers, these have turned into a black mudguard shoe with red accents.. It takes on the form of an original colorway and I appreciate that, but it's not something I'd have on my feet or even own.

Are these subtle changes on purpose? to appease the OG heads?? I could barely sell a OG sc trainer infrared for $50 bucks. what OG heads wanted those??? barely anyone. I dont buy that crap.

just give me these
f8d359184edc648bc191c11ab2e53e49ecc588e.jpg

5a125f74d863dc02c0ab5c5b6becab45ef352ce.jpg

Light grey mudguard with a infrared accent just sets off the shoe something serious.. instead
ohwell.gif
.. Instead, it seems to be a bland shell of its former self.. I guess bland is better than patent snakeskin with sprinkles?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

new shots in the flesh thanks to an auction site seller:
219xb8h.jpg

what was thought to maybe be a dark grey like other sc trainers, these have turned into a black mudguard shoe with red accents.. It takes on the form of an original colorway and I appreciate that, but it's not something I'd have on my feet or even own.

Are these subtle changes on purpose? to appease the OG heads?? I could barely sell a OG sc trainer infrared for $50 bucks. what OG heads wanted those??? barely anyone. I dont buy that crap.

just give me these
f8d359184edc648bc191c11ab2e53e49ecc588e.jpg
The toebox on the retro looks absolutely horrible.  Look at how the toebox has a gentle slope on the OG and then the retro looks like the side of a cliff
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Wally, I am inclined to believe they make these changes on purpose to appease OG heads and so people can be able to tell new releases apart from older releases

These changes aren't done for OG heads, because you can't wear sneakers forever. They aren't appeasing anyone, because they're sitting on sales racks.

Heads up

Just spotted the WHITE.BLACK.VARSITY RED pair for $80 at finishline.com. Basically a FSR. They have sat since basically mid May.

With coupon codes, it's possible to get a pair right around $80. 100 times better than the ebay sellers trying to pawn these off to people at $90-100. Eastbay.com still has them for $105 FSR. They are also bound to drop them down in price... Let the waiting game begin

nike.com had these on sale for a while now, they really aren't THAT bad, but had they just used infrared they most likely would have sold out. This is what happens when you have people working for a shoe company that aren't into sneakers and don't understand the customer. I know a lot of people think the message boards are only a small portion of the buying population which is semi true now a days, but the message boards can most definitely make or break a release. They released the infrared Jordan's, am90's I don't get why the just didn't do the infrared trainer sc's. The varsity red jordan VI's seem to be rotting on shelves too yet the infrareds sold out. Had a serious shoe head been behind this release we would have been blessed with infrared trainer sc's.

I actually picked up a pair of the white/varsity reds a while back. the "leather" quality is down right horrible on these. I personally think they look good(woulda preferred the OG infrared of course...). but was really disappointed. the upper material is completely different than the auburns.

How could they be different/worse than the auburns? The auburns had some of the crappiest synthetic leather I have ever seen. As crappy looking and feeling as it was, they aren't uncomfortable. In fact, they are comfortable for me to wear hours at a time.. The red's are even worse? I thought they were at their lowest point but it's getting worse by the release?

hmm. maybe they aren't even worth the discounted $80 dollar price.. I felt the auburns were worth around $80. These reds may be on that $40-60 dollar level... WAIT it out guys. listen to soleaddict34

I doubt the reds are worse than the Auburns, I have the navy ones and they're actually a little better.

Was looking at the blus sample the other day. Nice, very nice. But i wonder if they'll have the same toe box dent as on the Bo oranges.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Heads up

Just spotted the WHITE.BLACK.VARSITY RED pair for $80 at finishline.com. Basically a FSR. They have sat since basically mid May.

With coupon codes, it's possible to get a pair right around $80. 100 times better than the ebay sellers trying to pawn these off to people at $90-100. Eastbay.com still has them for $105 FSR. They are also bound to drop them down in price... Let the waiting game begin

Good looks.

I'm REALLY fiendin for this Navy's.  I waited for them to hit the outlets here like the Auburn's and Black/Silver's.  I'ma go check again today but I chatted w/a Nike CSR yesterday and was told that they are still listed as an "active" item, meaning there are chances for re-stocks.  So, take it FWIW.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I doubt the reds are worse than the Auburns, I have the navy ones and they're actually a little better.
Well, I've worn both so...I guess its a personal preference, but like Wally said I'd wait it out I'm sure you'll be able to find these way below retail eventually.

Note: Beet reds are on NDC in the clearance section for $62.97. I think there's an extra 20% off coupon floating around, too...

^nice. Now thats what NT is about.

just found them. those are actually the varsity reds, same as whats on eastbay and finishline, but $18 bucks cheaper.. Thats the deal to beat right there

sz8 -11.5

Coupon Code is CURVEBALL for 20% off clearance items.. You can get these for about $59 shipped

After waiting months on end for an outlet appearance, the navy's have been re-upped @ Eastbay while 3 other c/w's have been discounted. Don't know why this particular c/w has stayed active for this long but I'm not taking my chances anymore. These are a must.

After waiting months on end for an outlet appearance, the navy's have been re-upped @ Eastbay while 3 other c/w's have been discounted. Don't know why this particular c/w has stayed active for this long but I'm not taking my chances anymore. These are a must.

Back
Top Bottom