New Year's Eve in NYC, Help Needed

Hi everyone,

I'm coming to NYC for New Year's Eve, so I'd like to have suggestion on what do to.
I'll probably go at Time Square to see the countdown, any recommendation?
I'm planning to stay there from Dec 30 to Jan 2.

Thanks!

We need a lot more information. Are you of drinking age? Are you looking for a party or just a casual place to chill? What's your budget? How big is your group?

If you want to see the Countdown, get there EARLY.

Thanks for your answer
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm 22 as well as my friends, we will be 3 to 5 friends. I don't really care about the type of place, but I have to mention that music I prefer is Rap/R&B and basically anything mainstream.

When you say early, you mean morning!??

did the times sq almost every year when i was little,  i live in cali but im in ny every new years   times sq is the last place id wanna be on new years eve
laugh.gif
.  still im going to be there for a little bit this year because im meeting some people from school in the city who've never been to the city and are hell bent on goin to times sq  so i might as well go n try n smash some drunk tourist chicks by times sq  before i go to a few other parties that night

Originally Posted by ebpo

Thanks for your answer
wink.gif

Yeah, I'm 22 as well as my friends, we will be 3 to 5 friends. I don't really care about the type of place, but I have to mention that music I prefer is Rap/R&B and basically anything mainstream.

When you say early, you mean morning!??

Yes, morning. Don't think you're gonna get there around 9 PM and get a good look at the ball. By 7PM you won't get anywhere near it. Every single bar in Manhattan will be celebrating so you could really walk in anywhere and have a blast with your friends and the people around you. Any decent lounge/club is booked by now.

I went last year for NYE in NYC. it was definitely a good time, went for the ball drop and then saw MSTRKRFT at webster hall after.

security is pretty tight around times square, so don't expect to get too close...unless you show up early, probably morning(+!%) as mentioned above.

we left the UES around 10:00 pm to head down there, got sidetracked by a bar lol, and didn't make it to around TS til about 11:45, so we didn't really get close, but it was more about being in the crowd, etc. cool vibe around there...everybody was happy and having a good time. some old lady was walking around and giving swigs of champagne out to ppl right from the bottle
laugh.gif

but like justhotkicks said, pretty much any spot you hit up in manhattan will be packin, so you shouldn't have trouble finding a nice spot.

So, I got there early, at 10:30 am. Waited by the stage, but police came around 1pm to tell everybody to move.
We moved to a different spot and the same thing happened again. We then tried to access Time Square by some other streets, but !$$% was crazy, cops blocking streets and searching everybody one-by-one. We had to do a line to enter...
We finally gain access to the site at around 6pm, luckily we found a way to get close enough to see the ball.

Overall, it was a great experience, but the show was awful (come on, Backstreet boys and New Kids On The Block, 3 times the same song?? Really!?)

Back
Top Bottom