[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Of course the runs come in non pressure situations, A-Rod would love it here.

How much ya'll wanna bet the games over the weekend vs the Nats will all be nail biters.

I bet Santana will throw a CG...

Oh I'm not worried about tomm since its 'Tana, but watch him win 1-0.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

What did Pedro do for us last year?

When its all said and done this team is soft, very very soft. Nobody in the division, even the lowly Nats are intimidated by the Mets, they look forward to playing them not only because of the NEW YORK on their chest, but because they know when you challenge them and the spotlight shines on them, they won't deliver. I don't even remember the last time a starter brushed back a hitter off the plate.

Bold: Last year? You forget that Pedro was injured?
laugh.gif
The thing is, when Pedro is HEALTHY, there's no doubt thathe's still a VERY good pitcher. Unlike the guys we have now... who despite being healthy, still can't even put up 2 consecutive quality starts withconsistency.
Underline: You seem to already forget that Pedro is the one guy who used to always challenge batters and buzz'em off the plate. Our ONLY starter who would do that.

Look, I'm not saying Pedro is the savior. But the fact that he is familiar with the NY pressure already is huge I think. You guys gotta remember how thepressure of pitching in NY always seems to get to our free agent signings. So I like the fact that Pedro has already pitched in NY and dealt with themedia/fans. On top of that, he's great for clubhouse chemistry. And on top of THAT, it doesn't hurt to have a veteran starter in your rotation. Livanmay eventually fill that role. But he's new. And there's no way to know if he'll be as good at the end of the season as he has been at the start(see today).

This team is so soft its $#!+#+@ pathetic. They need to go out and get some bad %##+#!*%@#*@* word to Samuel L in Pulp Fiction. I'm tired of this *%*%+***.One of these ******* needs to start a fight and get some Goddamn juice into this sad, sad team.

Bold: Last year? You forget that Pedro was injured? The thing is, when Pedro is HEALTHY, there's no doubt that he's still a VERY good pitcher. Unlike the guys we have now... who despite being healthy, still can't even put up 2 consecutive quality starts with consistency.
Underline: You seem to already forget that Pedro is the one guy who used to always challenge batters and buzz 'em off the plate. Our ONLY starter who would do that.

Pedro was healthy for ONE year out of 5, he was not worth the money.

he was healthy last year, he threw 90mph, his location sucked though and he never lasted past 5 innings and taxed the already terrible pen.

He won't help this team, they need a bonafied starter.

They are lucky they have the Nats for 3 this weekend, and watch the games still be nailbiters. Saturday with pelf is the start I am keeping my eye on.

1 year out of 4.

And he wasn't healthy last year. You forget he came back towards the midway point of the 08 season recovering from the injuries he had in practically allof 07.

So of course he couldn't last past 5. Dude hadn't pitched in almost a year (remember he went down at the end of 06). It was more conditioning thananything.

And Pedro was worth the money in the sense that he pretty much turned the Mets around by making them relevant once more.

What up, what's happenin'
All you haters can get at me
Cause I hear ya and I'm watchin'
But I'm still here I ain't stoppin'
So what up, what's happenin'
All you haters should get at me
Cause I hear ya and I'm watchin'
But I'm serious haters so all I gotta say is what up...

LET'S GET IT.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pedro is not what this team needs. !+*# what I said the other day, this team needs to go after Doc Halladay or Jake Peavy hhhhhhhhhhhhhhard. Do whatever ittakes to get one of them. And then go out and bring in a bad *!+*%+*+%*++. Like !+*# it as much as I hate him give me AJ Pierzinski. That prick at leastisn't soft. I'm so disgusted how soft these %@*#@*% players are.

Crazy that today is the first time the Mets will face a lefty starter, and what does Jerry do?

He is starting Sheff (.111) and Tatis in the outfield, when Church raked vs lefties last yr before his concussion. Now he is in a bit of a slump, hitting .200in the last few games, thanks to Jerry sitting him down on random days to give Sheff playing time when he was on a hot streak. Gotta love the Jerry going withover the hill players as opposed to one in his prime.

Jerry is getting too cute right now and its annoying.

If the Mets troubles continue with the back end of their rotation by mid-May, early June, I see Pedro signing with them.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

3173636803_45a7d77856.jpg
I miss Bobby V. At least his teams had fire. Jerry needs to chew each and every one of these ******* out and make them grow some balls. How areyou gonna play in NY, but be gutless.

Originally Posted by bkmac

If the Mets troubles continue with the back end of their rotation by mid-May, early June, I see Pedro signing with them.

Getting him is going backwards, this team is supposed to move foward.

Santana is the best pitcher in baseball, and tomm is the day I want to see how Pelf can pitch because I know he will eventually pitch the way he is capableof.....the concerns are with Maine/Ollie, they can't continue to pitch this way. Livan is what he is, he is our #5till Redding gets better.

I miss Bobby V. At least his teams had fire. Jerry needs to chew each and every one of these ******* out and make them grow some balls. How are you gonna play in NY, but be gutless.

I don't get it either, but the league itself nowadays is soft as hell. Even Gary Cohen said it, Pujols is one of the nicer guys with everyone around theleague, but between the diamond he wants to destroy you, and he gets in his team mates faces if guys dont take out guys at 2nd base or try to take out catchersgoing home, thats called being a leader (which the Mets lack).

This team hasn't been the same since Lo Duca left. We need someone to provide that gritty role We are a bunch of soft @!* *%%## pretty boy's.

I just don't get this Pedro love fest though, what did his personality do for this team LAST YEAR? He won't help this team at this stage of his career,he can't go deep into games.

They need to go in a completely new direction, change up the culture, build around Reyes, Wright, Beltran and Santana its not too difficult.

They have been getting worse since 2006.

Mets need to sweep this series, no excuses.

Jesus....Johan with 6 K's through 2 innings so far.

He usually racks up a lot of RBI's for a leadoff man, but right now its just contagious with the team.

A lucky bounce once in a while would be nice, $*+%.

You think Omar would ever break the core up? I'd hate it, but if they're still playing like this 1 of those players could bring a lot back. Definitelynot Wright though.

Back
Top Bottom