NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

Mets are done with Bobby Parnell for good.

Mets told Parnell that he has to choose one of two options. Designated for assignment or placed on the DL. Parnell chose the DL.

:rolleyes

I don't want to see Parnell next year.

Matz, Verrett will help space out deGrom, Harvey & Syndergaard
August 18th, 2015 1:22 pm

noah-syndergaard-matt-harvey-jacob-degrom-pittsburgh.jpg

The Mets have a plan that will keep Noah Syndergaard, Matt Harvey and Jacob deGrom from being shut down due to innings limits before the end of the season, sources told ESPN NY’s Adam Rubin (Aug. 18, 1:10 pm).

According to Rubin, Steven Matz will become the team’s sixth starting pitcher when he returns from the disabled list, as Logan Verrett is called upon to make the occasional spot start.

Matz made his first rehab start with Single-A St. Lucie this past weekend.

Verrett will reportedly be promoted before Tuesday’s game to first pitch in the bullpen, with Bobby Parnell moving to the disabled list.

Mets are done with Bobby Parnell for good.

Mets told Parnell that he has to choose one of two options. Designated for assignment or placed on the DL. Parnell chose the DL.

eyes.gif

I don't want to see Parnell next year.
good move by the Mets. 

Good Riddance Bobby. I was done with you anyway.

Very proud of our boys bouncing back after a tough series with the Pirates in which we should of won the first 2 games.

Let's sweep tomorrow and get ready to play a hot Phillies squad.

******** that at this point of the season Syndergaard can't put it together on the road. Winless in nine starts.

5+ ERA on road, but he will figure it out. We often forget these guys are still raw talents in a way.

Nice job regaining the lead with Flores.

I beg to differ.

This bullpen is shaping up to be 2008 all over again if something isn't done. 15 runs in the past five games. All the more reason Syndergaard needed to have a better outing and get to the seventh. The 'pen is this team's Achilles heel. They got rid of Parnell but more work needs to be done. And why is Collins already skipping Harvey? The race is too tight to not have your best stuff out there. The Nats aren't just going to go away. 1-4 the last five when they could have put some breathing room between the two.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom