New York Undercover ... Back on BET

BET just started showing re-runs of New York Undercover on Friday evenings...

One of my favorite shows growing up... like a hood version of Law & Order..

They do 2 episodes each Friday...

I tried to find the full seasons on the Cinema App and other streaming platforms and couldnt find it...

Sidebar: The musical guests fire! started off w Teddy pendergrass then the next episode was Gladys Knight... looking forward to seeing Biggie on Episode 17

Anybody else been watching or have access to all the seasons?

One of my favorite shows ever. Really captures the essence of that time period.

They could never afford to put out an official release due to all the music on there (they had EVERYONE on there :lol: ) , but people used to sell their own recordings/screen grabs on eBay years ago, probably still do.

I always try to catch it when it’s on, thanks for the tip

One of my favorite shows ever. Really captures the essence of that time period.

They could never afford to put out an official release due to all the music on there (they had EVERYONE on there :lol: ) , but people used to sell their own recordings/screen grabs on eBay years ago, probably still do.

I always try to catch it when it’s on, thanks for the tip

I didnt think about that... thats definitely the reason... no way they could afford to pay for all of that music on there. ..

i have it set on automatic record on youtube Tv...

And i agree, it captures the mid 90s in NY perfectly... music, fashion etc.

Yeah I was watching it Friday night. Just happened to be flipping threw the channels and saw it listed. Didn’t know it just started to re-air this weekend.

Just read on wiki that a pilot for a reboot of the show was ordered 2 years ago starring malik yoba and laura velez as their original characters. Last update was in July 2020 saying nbc peacock network might want it.

Was a big fan of this show as a kid. Just watching the intro hits the 90's nostalgia button for me.

I almost forgot what it was like to watch a TV show with ads. Kids these days won't understand the pain of running to grab a snack and your sibling changing the channel or something and you can't rewind or rewatch but have to wait maybe a year to catch the rerun :lol:

Loved this show. I see that some of my current favorite shows like Power and the Chi were inspired by this show.

Loved this show. Talked about it in w/e thread was talking about the reboot. Almost thought this thread was about that.

Gonna enjoy rewatching this part of my childhood.

yo, the cast was wild. dude from the allstate commercials lol.

1643064415403.png

1643064432269.png

1643064452515.png

The first 4 episodes are on demand for me (Xfinity). Watched the pilot last night, which oddly wasn't the first episode that aired. Never realized that.

The first 4 episodes are on demand for me (Xfinity). Watched the pilot last night, which oddly wasn't the first episode that aired. Never realized that.
Yea that threw me off too... never seen a show where the "pilot" wasnt the first episode

Back
Top Bottom