New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Stros, 23-13

So now with the Mets signing Scherzer is that enuff to wake Cashman up or does he have a strategy to shake up baseball that we're not aware of ? Somebody go get this mutha****a in Vegas or wherever he's gambling and remind him he's got a job to do. Can't believe we're making no moves at all but letting go and trading for junk ...

So now with the Mets signing Scherzer is that enuff to wake Cashman up or does he have a strategy to shake up baseball that we're not aware of ? Somebody go get this mutha****a in Vegas or wherever he's gambling and remind him he's got a job to do. Can't believe we're making no moves at all but letting go and trading for junk ...
Isnt he usually rappelling from buildings in Stamford, CT around this time of the year

I'm not tripping... yet. None of the guys that have signed were targets for us. Would have loved to get Max but lol at $43m a year from age 38-40.

Welp they better sign Correa. Or else I don’t want to hear a word about **** anymore.

Also Marlins traded forJacob Stallings. Cross them off Gary.

If we don't sign any of the top SS and run it back with Gary, I'm out on next season.

Gary being back was always a huge possibility (still early, but it’s trending) Everything else though, totally inexplicable

Don’t like them not making other moves and painting an even bigger target on his back. That seems foolish.

Last edited:
I know I've said it before but I'd prefer Story over Correa.

I'm not a fan of his home/road splits. His BA away has been on a steady decline over the past 4 seasons. Barely hit above the Mendoza line this past year away at .201. His slugging and OBP has been more than .100+ lower on the road than home as well. Plus his defense isn't a huge upgrade from Torres's at SS. He actually led the NL in errors by a SS in 2020. I'd much rather have Correa.

I'm not a fan of his home/road splits. His BA away has been on a steady decline over the past 4 seasons. Barely hit above the Mendoza line this past year away at .201. His slugging and OBP has been more than .100+ lower on the road than home as well. Plus his defense isn't a huge upgrade from Torres's at SS. He actually led the NL in errors by a SS in 2020. I'd much rather have Correa.
At least Story can stay healthy.

So over pay for what could be a lateral move? No thanks. Correa has played the majority of the last two seasons. The one season he missed a lot of time was a fluke injury.

So over pay for what could be a lateral move? No thanks. Correa has played the majority of the last two seasons. The one season he missed a lot of time was a fluke injury.
Lateral move? Huh? Story is the better defender.

Iirc Story has played 160 more games over the last 5 years. That's a full season. One fluke season? Correa played 109, 110, and 75 games over 3 years.

Here's a good comparison of each. I agree that Correa has a higher ceiling but his injury history gives me Ellsbury vibes.

Well it would be Story or Correa versus an Andrelton Simmons like player at this point.

I’ll pay 10 years at whatever dollar to not watch Simmons. Hell bring back Hecheveria instead.

Really starting to piss me off that we've done nothing to improve. Are these guys that pigheaded and think we're fine where we're at or are we penny pinching?

So irritated right now seeing that we're going after Simmons and thats our big news. It's either that we're too pigheaded or guys really don't wanna play here. Pacing the office right now ...

Yankees Trade Rumors: NY Expected to Contact Rangers About Isiah Kiner-Falefa

According to The Athletic

Tried posting the bleacher report link but wasn't working. I guess looking to possibly trade for a SS.

Back
Top Bottom